Shadowrun Returns - Interview @ Morbid Play

Enjoyable art. ;)

I enjoy both types of games, but you're delusional if you really think Dragonfall was that good. That's just my opinion though so don't read too much into it.

Like bjon045 said, to each his own. :)
Keep your opinion to yourself than if you plan to tell other people what they should like and how to like it.

I know telling other people they are delusional is going to increase your epeen but I would hope people here are a bit more grown up.

I struggle to imagine why anyone would compare Shadowrun with Witcher 2 in an effort to establish "worth" - as they're so different.

Now, I haven't played Dragonfall much yet, but I wasn't impressed with the original game. I found it passable and a mediocre effort, which sort of matched the small team and budget. The Witcher 2 is a work of art, from where I'm sitting, and the two games don't really exist in the same space in terms of what they're trying to achieve.

I can see how both could be 8/10 games to some people, but that doesn't make them similar. If you're going to compare games in such a way, I'd say picking two similar games might work better if you want to communicate your opinion efficiently.
I don't see how it helps to compare TW2 with SRR and then give a score upon Dragonfall DC based upon that. It is like saying I don't like BG2 because in BG1 there is too much roaming through wilderness maps without quests.

As for work of art, Dragonfall DC is no less work of art. Actually Dragonfall DC has better dialogues and quest structures. And a less standard story.

And I don't see why we cannot compare them. If I say "I find IE games more fun and better than TW2" are you also going to say that is also not to be compared?

I don't see how it helps to compare TW2 with SRR and then give a score upon Dragonfall DC based upon that. It is like saying I don't like BG2 because in BG1 there is too much roaming through wilderness maps without quests.

I'm not sure why that's relevant to anything I said?

As for work of art, Dragonfall DC is no less work of art. Actually Dragonfall DC has better dialogues and quest structures. And a less standard story.

That's certainly an opinion.

And I don't see why we cannot compare them. If I say "I find IE games more fun and better than TW2" are you also going to say that is also not to be compared?

Did someone tell you that you couldn't compare them?

I was talking about making a comparison that would effectively communicate your opinion.

I'm not sure why that's relevant to anything I said?
When you structure your post where you bash it based on SRR and that immediately call TW2 work of art it comes out very relevant.

That's certainly an opinion.
Everything everyone writes is an opinion.
Did someone tell you that you couldn't compare them?

I was talking about making a comparison that would effectively communicate your opinion.
It is same thing. If you say that you don't know why is anyone comparing these two games it easily reads as that. Claiming they are not similar or that they cannot be compared is not true. I can easily now claim that I find Evolve a much better game than CoD X or Battlefield X and those games only have in common FPS elements and MP. You are the one that needs to explain why it cannot be compared, you take it for granted that your opinion is the right one.

When you structure your post where you bash it based on SRR and that immediately call TW2 work of art it comes out very relevant.

Again, I can't see how your fantasy about what I said has anything to do with what I actually said.

Everything everyone writes is an opinion.

Including that quote, yes ;)

It is same thing. If you say that you don't know why is anyone comparing these two games it easily reads as that. Claiming they are not similar or that they cannot be compared is not true. I can easily now claim that I find Evolve a much better game than CoD X or Battlefield X and those games only have in common FPS elements and MP. You are the one that needs to explain why it cannot be compared, you take it for granted that your opinion is the right one.

I'm afraid I can't take responsibility for your fantasies.

If you want to understand other people, it's important not to assume too much.

I'm not asking you to agree that comparing two vastly different games doesn't make much sense if you want to communicate your opinion.

If you don't recognise they're different games, then that's ok with me. I have no interest in explaining the obvious.

Witcher 2 was OK, but Dragonfall was far better.
As soon as you understand that some of us prefer turn based combat along with good story more than twitch real time combat along with good story you will not write stuff like this.

Prefering something over something else is no indication of something better than something else.

I planned to write a piece on SDF after completing three runs on higher difficulties (but not the ultimate difficulty)
I collected most of the action probabilities and their results in order to assess the performances of each probability band. Most because I might have missed a few of them, I might not though.
It allowed to answer to the question whether the turn based "ugoigo" keep dragging the same structural issues or not.
SDF results show no resolution: higher probability bands might perform lower than lower probability bands, same issue than before. No improvement.
The same old structure with the same old issues.

Story side: The Shadowrun universe retains its magick, that blend between various influences.
But this universe included geopolitical considerations that could get some tracting power in the real world in the early 1990s.
Twenty years later, most of those geopolitical considerations appear misplaced.
From a universe that included a dimension of anticipation over the real world, it turned out into an outdated universe, with laughable geopolitical perspectives.
The Shadowrun universe did not age that well.
As a consequence, credible characters with credible background evolving in a credible world is not what SDF provides.

I know telling other people they are delusional is going to increase your epeen but I would hope people here are a bit more grown up.

I'm a bit more grown up but I also think that you are delusional.

Again, I can't see how your fantasy about what I said has anything to do with what I actually said.

Including that quote, yes ;)

I'm afraid I can't take responsibility for your fantasies.

If you want to understand other people, it's important not to assume too much.

I'm not asking you to agree that comparing two vastly different games doesn't make much sense if you want to communicate your opinion.

If you don't recognise they're different games, then that's ok with me. I have no interest in explaining the obvious.
Only thing I taken from all of this is that there is no point arguing with you. Welcome to ChienAboyeur list. He seems openly crazy, I harder time pointing that finger at you, but you still make his "strange people" list. I am sorry for name calling but as two people have now said, it must be because I am delusional.. at least this forum is much more entertaining to read now that my posts have provoked some people to show their true selves. Before only Joxer could provoke those reactions :)

Only thing I taken from all of this is that there is no point arguing with you. Welcome to ChienAboyeur list. He seems openly crazy, I harder time pointing that finger at you, but you still make his "strange people" list. I am sorry for name calling but as two people have now said, it must be because I am delusional.. at least this forum is much more entertaining to read now that my posts have provoked some people to show their true selves. Before only Joxer could provoke those reactions :)

Don't be sorry. I appreciate honesty and if you feel you must make things into something personal, that's just another part of who you are.

No big deal ;)

at least this forum is much more entertaining to read now that my posts have provoked some people to show their true selves. Before only Joxer could provoke those reactions :)

Aww how cute. Maybe this sandbox is just too rough for a sensitive person such as yourself.

No, I am just used to English based forums to be more grown up. Except for Steam forums, all others I have been part of have been such.
I guess you here are just like my local country forums, full of juveniles (in heart at least) and no mods to calm them down.

Well I go to sleep and wake up to find the thread has gotten out of control. So can we all agree to be civil, and stop picking on Archangel for his opinion.

Last edited:
I don't think one person's opinion is more valid than another person's.

Some people are just more easily butthurt than others. ;)

So can we all agree to be civil, and stop picking on Archangel for his opinion
Picking on him for his opinion? Perish the thought! Me and JDR simply offered our opinions about his opinion.

Nobody should feel sorry for actions they willingfully choose to make and they could have avoided.

Couch, with great power comes great responsibility ;)

No need to confuse a mild opinion exchange with "picking" on people.

Couch, with great power comes great responsibility ;)
No with great power comes more power to do anything you want to. :evil:

I always loved the Judge Dread character with his quote of,"I am the law". Anyway all of you can relax as I was just responding to Archangel's comment about not moderating.

6a00d8341d764753ef0133ed87a2e0970b-800wi

Now can we actually get back on topic which is about the interview.:)

Last edited:
Round one, handbags at ten paces, is now complete.

Prepare for round two: the knitting contest...

Back
Top Bottom