Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms - Impression @ RPS

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Rock, Paper, Shotgun's Alec Meer took a look at the Early Access version of Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms, and like the other previews he found a few faults.

I’m still skipping through bland dialogue and griping at uninspired and drawn out back’n'forth’n'kill ten spiders quests, but I’m broadly enjoying myself, and for non-Baker-related reasons. As well as the novel and offbeat party system, Shadows is well presented, if a bit hackneyed in its visual themes, and while the Early Access version is crash-prone and only a fragment of the full thing, it seems pretty solid. What I ultimately want from it is to be agonising over which puppets to recruit and which to deploy in given situations. I also want Tom Baker to voice every single line of dialogue in the game, presuming that doing so wouldn’t make him want to kill himself.
More information.

Sounds like dialogue needs a lot of work :)

It does, but with the possible exception of Van Helsing, most hack & slay games have dialogue which ranges from terrible to at best functional & dry. It does sound like an interesting premise though. I hope they're able to develop it into a good game.

Me too. I like the folks at ihobo and games farm.

Back
Top Bottom