Simple dungeon crawlers on Android?

Thanks!!!

I was trying to run Albion and Amberstar. Any tips for getting those to work? Albion needed a CD inserted and Amberstar didn't want to run.

And Bard's Tale 3 still won't start. No clue why. Also, for some reason it seems not all the files upload to my tablet when I transfer them. Strange.

Don't know about Amberstar, but Albion, you need to mount the CD directory to another drive. You'd add an extra line in your Autoexec after the "mount c" command as something like this:

mount d c:\albion\cd -t cdrom -label albion

I think you also need to run the Setup once for the sound setup.

It keeps saying I need HD, though. I can't seem to get it to recognize where I have my HD img (which is on my sd card)

Sure does. It works now. And runs beautifully with the Hacker keyboard. Wow. what a gamechanger this is. I'm going through DOS now and downloading games I never had the chance to play.

I can't seem to get Albion working. If you help me this one I promise I'll leave you alone for awhile (lol!). Sorry for the million noob questions but I've never done any of this before.

Don't use HD images. Instead just use the Adandonia link, which is still legal:

http://www.abandonia.com/en/downloadgame/428

Put that in your DosBox folder, and then your Autoexec config should look something like this:

mount c: /storage/emulated/0/DOS
c:
mount d c:\albion\cd -t cdrom -label albion
cd albion
launch

It should load, but to get sound working, you'll need to run the setup.exe in the albion folder in Dosbox once.

You can't auto-detect the sound card in the setup so just manually setup the sound and music card both as Soundblaster16 and use the defaults.

It's giving me an error : DOS/16M error: (40) not enough available extended memory (XMIN)

edit, after enabling UMB, it's now saying the cd directory doesn't exist and to insert the cd.

It's giving me an error : DOS/16M error: (40) not enough available extended memory (XMIN)

edit, after enabling UMB, it's now saying the cd directory doesn't exist and to insert the cd.

Why is UMB not enabled? It should be by default. Did you start a new profile or are you modifying an existing? Just make a new one, start from scratch. I'm testing on my tablet to see if there's issues.

UMB was always on, it was something else I enabled. I started a new profile now.

I typed it in exactly as you did and it said launch was an illegal command. If I change launch to albion, it says insert the cd and that the directory doesn't exist.

I'm dumb. I was using a bin/cue file for the cd. Let me download the link you sent and I'll try it again. :)

Just tried the exact package and works fine, after configuring the soundcard in setup.exe.

I think the big hint here is somewhere your mount points are wrong, because if you were in the right directory, launch wouldn't be an illegal command.

Your Albion directory should look like this:

2u5et1y.png

It says there was an error, check the error.log.

You have to run the setup.exe in the Albion folder first to setup your Soundcard, then that error will go away.

Right. I was using a different version of Albion that I got from a different site. I downloaded the right one now. But I'm getting an error. It says check the ERROR.LOG file.

Still getting an error, even after running setup. Do I need to choose a certain midi and audio device?

Xload: File does not exist.
(Name: Slab)
Albion: File access error.
(line 679 of file g:\albion\src\game.c)

Still getting an error, even after running setup. Do I need to choose a certain midi and audio device?

Yes, you need to choose Soundblaster 16 for both.

An then of course make sure that your Dosbox settings are set to Soundblaster 16, which they should be by default

Xload: File does not exist.
(Name: Slab)
Albion: File access error.
(line 679 of file g:\albion\src\game.c)

Something isn't right when your mounting the CD. Do you have the Albion directory inside another Albion directory? (example: c:\albion\albion )

I have Albion/CD, that's it.

C:/storage/sdcard1/DOS/Games/Albion/CD

Back
Top Bottom