Static Mesh Improvement Mod
Improved NPC Clothing
Skyrim HD 2K
Realistic Smoke and Embers
Enhanced Blood Textures
Wet and Cold
Cinematic Lighting enb.
(edit: Oh, and SkyUI of course)

And the game looks great and plays very smooth (albeit with SSAO off for my GTX670)

(I intend to add Vurts: Skyrim Floral Overhaul and enable the SSAO after getting a GTX780 probably in the summer)

The thing is that after putting 100 hours or so in on the first playthrough and exploring most of the world (exploration and Atmosphere being the game itself ;) ) I need a little extra incentive to go back.

So I was meaning to ask (even though I am probably looking at a replay no sooner than around next Christmas) if anyone has any experience with Requiem ?

Looks great on paper: No scaling, added challenge and gameplay depth and the reliance on endurance and blocking sounds like bringing a bit of Dark Souls to your Skyrim ;)

Does seem like just what the doctor ordered but I would appreciate some personal experiences if you have them :)

Last edited:
Craig the Morrowind community was just like what you want in it's early days and it suffered greatly because of it. There are many mods from that time that were permanently lost because sites died which is probably the main reason why modding has become more centralized since then. I think it is better to need to filter out some bad mods then to lose very good mods forever. I have been involved with some other modding communities that have lost huge amounts of work due to being scattered among small websites and areas of forums. I have made mods myself for games which I have lost because of the lack of a good permanent location to store the mods.

Ah yes thanks!

Definitely interested in the survival aspect. This one will certainly add to the exploration (its nice adding environmental challenge to it) and Atmosphere it seems. And add another dimension to gameplay too.

Also it probably is compatible with Requiem as there seems to be a guy doing an LP with them.

Might be a bit too brutal of a combination though as exposure will drop endurance etc… Will be interesting for sure ;)

If I can get the DLCs for a bargain on Steam's Christmas sale I'll probably sit down and remod the game (mostly update the mods to their latest versions and add yours and Frostfall). It'll probably be less than comfortably playable until I get the new card though :)

Ah yes thanks!

Definitely interested in the survival aspect. This one will certainly add to the exploration (its nice adding environmental challenge to it) and Atmosphere it seems. And add another dimension to gameplay too.

Also it probably is compatible with Requiem as there seems to be a guy doing an LP with them.

Might be a bit too brutal of a combination though as exposure will drop endurance etc… Will be interesting for sure ;)

If I can get the DLCs for a bargain on Steam's Christmas sale I'll probably sit down and remod the game (mostly update the mods to their latest versions and add yours and Frostfall). It'll probably be less than comfortably playable until I get the new card though :)

I'll second Frostfall and never play without it now. Also a fairly professional mod add on is Falskaar if you haven't tried that yet:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37994/?

Yeah, if the DLCs are offered for a reasonable price, I may jump back in. But I played the hell out of it when it first came out and got pretty bored of it. Once the exploration is done, there's little interest left in me.

I'll second Frostfall and never play without it now. Also a fairly professional mod add on is Falskaar if you haven't tried that yet:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37994/?

Thanks for the suggestion wolfgrimdark. I have heard good things for this mod but I am mainly looking for Graphics atmosphere and gameplay enhancements/tweaks/fixes/rebalances at this point (and tbh generally speaking, although I have promised myself I'll sit down and play Nehrim one of these days).

Not that a replay with lots of the best of the mature UGC in the distant future (and an RPG drought period) is out of the question. I've said that for Morrowind too though and never got around to it...

Back
Top Bottom