Skyrim - Special Edition Released

Anyway, it would be nice to read a skyrim thread without the usual suspects bashing the same things.

You mean just between 3 or 4 of you? Wouldn't it be nice? You could sing paeans to the Skyrim without any interruptions. :)

Apparently the audio is more compressed than the original and the textures are not very improved (if at all).
https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods...kyrim_special_edition_features_a_significant/

Anyone able to corroborate this?

The textures look the same to me. Fortunately, all existing texture mods should work fine. Don't know about the sound. Essentially, I wouldn't expect anything much apart from DX11 and the 64bit engine - it's not so much what the SE delivers itself, but what it might allow us to do with it.

Wait a minute, you're all saying that the special edition still needs that huge collection of bugfixes mod?
Does it "need" it? No. But that was already the case with the original Skyrim, which is perfectly playable without the unofficial patch.
98% of bugs fixed with the unofficial patch has about 0 importance for the player. Or did anyone find one of these bugs:
- Apple Cabbage Stew [FoodAppleCabbageStew] was missing its pickup sound. (Bug #21211)
- Corrected Beem-Ja mispronouncing Gathrik's name (Sound\Voice\Skyrim.esm\MaleArgonian\dunIronbin_dunIronbindBetr_00041F83_1.fuz). (Bug #21224)
- Hert and Hern did not have any of the vampire abilities that every other vampire in the game has. (Bug #21221)
- Neloth's perk list is focuses on ice, shock, and necromancy but his primary spell is a fire spell which doesn't match anything he's set for. (Bug #21214)
- ClothesBarKeeperShoes and ClothesChefShoes both had weight values of zero. They have been assigned a weight value of 1 instead. (Bug #21227)

.... while playing and not through looking at the changelog of the unofficial patch?

Well when a five-year old game gets rereleased with the same existing bugs from five years ago, I can understand people bringing that up.
When the same cast of characters points at bugs which they didn't found through playing almost 5 years ago, it's hard to take that serious - though I do understand, why they bring it up. Again. And again.

Anyway, it would be nice to read a skyrim thread without the usual suspects bashing the same things.
Quoted for truth.

Yes shadows are actual shadows now instead of some octopuses ink scattered everywhere.

And I've never really had a problem either when I was playing vanilla on PS3 (and the PS was supposed to be the one with the most problems). There was that one bug where you would mount a weapon in your house weapon rack and it would disappear, but that got fixed in one of the first patches.

When the same cast of characters points at bugs which they didn't found through playing almost 5 years ago, it's hard to take that serious - though I do understand, why they bring it up. Again. And again.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly. Are you trying to insinuate that the people who mention experiencing bugs in Skyrim are lying about it?

I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly. Are you trying to insinuate that the people who mention experiencing bugs in Skyrim are lying about it?

No, just that they're the only ones experiencing those bugs, so why would they care?

They aren't only lying they blaspheme! BURN HERETICS! :cm:

No, just that they're the only ones experiencing those bugs, so why would they care?

Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch - 778,249 unique downloads. "Only ones" indeed… You guys are just pathetic.

When someone else releases a game as moddable as Skyrim, and it is bug free, I will hold Bethesda to a higher standard. So far, only Fallout 4 comes close...oh yeah Bethesda too :)

When someone else releases a game as moddable as Skyrim, and it is bug free, I will hold Bethesda to a higher standard. So far, only Fallout 4 comes close…oh yeah Bethesda too :)

And when Bethesda release a game that is worth playing I will buy it!

And when Bethesda release a game that is worth playing I will buy it!

Well you are a little late to the party then....they have released a lot of games worth playing.

My god guys.

I'm noticing quite a few improvements that were impossible to fix before. The z-fighting flickering mountains appears to be fixed. The lighting model is clearly far better, though artistically it's not that great. Once the lighting and weather guys get going, I think it'll look good. The water textures are still inferior to mods, but water now has proper flow rates ( watch it go round bends). This is something the water modders wished for, and should look great after some work.

No.
But if "that huge collection of bugfixes mod" or something similar is brought in, we're talking about one thing: the unofficial patch mod. And again, as pointed out and attested with examples, 98% of those bugs are barely noticeable, if at all.
With similar tools (as Bethesda hands out) for other games, we'd get about equal results on bugs - even for Witcher 3.

I'm not claiming there aren't bugs. But if we talk about serious bugs, quest breakers, CTDs and such then yes, I claim Skyrim being on the same level as Witcher 3.

Yet the same "Bethesda games are bug-feasts" argument comes up since 5 years in about each and every thread about Skyrim or Bethesda.

Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch - 778,249 unique downloads. "Only ones" indeed… You guys are just pathetic.
How many times Skyrim Legendary Edition was sold on PC? Substract those ~800k to get the result of how many managed to play it without it. Pathetic indeed.

This remaster seems like crap. Bethesda could not even fix their bugs (not that I even thought they were capable of that). Anyway, no surprises here.

Back
Top Bottom