Smith & Tinker License FASA Properties

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Following Microsoft's closure of FASA, Jordan Weisman has founded a new studio called Smith & Tinker and licensed all the FASA properties back from Microsoft. It's way too early to tell if they might do something useful with Shadowrun but the announcement offers a grain of hope:
Smith & Tinker is pleased to announce that it has licensed from Microsoft the electronic entertainment rights for Mr. Weisman's previous creations of MechWarrior, Shadowrun, Crimson Skies and the other properties of the FASA catalog. We're not quite ready to announce our plans for each property, but please be assured that our goal is to surprise and delight old fans, while welcoming new fans to these fantastic worlds.
...although the About page hints at online games to my mind:
Messrs. Smith & Tinker have assembled, in the Emerald City, a world-class team of creative individuals from a wide range of disciplines. Led by Jordan Weisman, a serial entertainment entrepreneur, Smith & Tinker endeavors to have a great deal of fun while working hard to reinvent play for the connected generation.
More information.

With a name like Smith & Tinker , if they do any MMO stuff it is bound to fail. Maybe if they do some Agent Smith stuff...

I'm intrigued. I hope they can do something worthwhile with the FASA titles. Is it too much to hope for a proper Shadowrun RPG? Or a proper Battletech game? I'm guessing the former isn't too far out of the question, but the latter is in all likelihood a lost cause.

"Smith & Tinker" sounds old-school to me.

Just a thought.

Sounds like they would be experts with Metal Gear. Get it? Smith? Tinker? bwahahaha!. I kill me.

Who was this FASA? I am just a caveman.

Back
Top Bottom