Star Citizen Info Thread

So is anyone playing the free trial? I've been too busy to check it out myself. I wouldn't mind hearing some impressions about the gameplay.

DArt, where you at dude?

What's the other game, by the way?
Already answered but the game was spilt in two. The original concept will be an online server based game, and the SP version is now called Squadron 42 playable offline.

I'm sure the intent is to focus on the online game, to sucker more fools into random weekly/monthly purchases. That's the kind of dog that just won't hunt for me anymore, I'm onto those shenanigans!

To think I almost backed for squadron 42. God, I really want another freespace (or wc1).

I tried star wars Squadron for just a couple of hours but you could definitely feel the emphasis on the multiplayer aspect with the story tacked on. But perhaps I disregarded it too quickly.

That's the thing; everyone wants a new next-gen space game because the potential is unlimited when you have a whole universe but the reality is it's an unlimited amount of work that can never be done. SC just sells you your dreams.

If you think about all the work that goes into just one city in a GTA game then even a single planet is an impossible task.

I think I've said it before but the only real way to make the game everyone wants is to have a free, open source engine with easy to use tools that let players create content and watch it evolve over hundreds of years.

But there's no money in that. Maybe someone could build it and hope to keep it alive off donations, but it would probably be a pretty buggy one man passion project with no marketing and would have difficulty taking off.

To think I almost backed for squadron 42. God, I really want another freespace (or wc1).

I tried star wars Squadron for just a couple of hours but you could definitely feel the emphasis on the multiplayer aspect with the story tacked on. But perhaps I disregarded it too quickly.

Check out Everspace 2 if you haven't already. It's more RPG than space sim, but I think it has the potential to be really good.

It's still in early access, but there's a playable demo on Steam.

Ok, Everspace 2 is really looking good. Thanks, though I will wait for the full release. I must admit that I mixed it up with Eve online for a moment.

Is Everspace 1 also worth checking out? Seems to have rogue-lite elements.

Ok, Everspace 2 is really looking good. Thanks, though I will wait for the full release. I must admit that I mixed it up with Eve online for a moment.

Check out the demo. It's pretty fun.

Is Everspace 1 also worth checking out? Seems to have rogue-lite elements.

It's a very different game. I haven't played it myself, but you can read comments about it in the Everspace 2 forum. I don't think there's a strong connection between the games.

Update time the game has raised almost $600 million.

We should do a poll on this one: Vapor-ware or never-ware? =p

At least someone's laughing all the way to the bank, the sad part being some of that loot used to belong to me. -xxx

We should do a poll on this one: Vapor-ware or never-ware? =p

At least someone's laughing all the way to the bank, the sad part being some of that loot used to belong to me. -xxx
Squadron 42 I'd call vaporware. Star Citizen proper needs a more accurate description.

It's a genre of very lucrative vapor-ware.

They've looted me too. Maybe I'll play Squadron 42 one day, though I don't know on which planet we'll live by then. I'm sure a Starfield mod could do a decent replacement.

Back
Top Bottom