Starfield! *applause*

The only major quest thread I didn't do was the Ryujin side quests. I started them, then realised I wasn't really feeling it.
The Ryujin questline is the longest, but the first half is boring padding. It gets good over the last 6 or so quests.

I don't know if you forgot them or just disagree, but there were other good, non repetitive artifact collection quests. Among them the
quest with Stroud in Neon, and the Petrov one with Barrett

The Ryujin questline is the longest, but the first half is boring padding. It gets good over the last 6 or so quests.
I quit early in case I was just in a bad mood and ruining it for myself. Will def return to that quest line sometime, after a decent break.

Re: spoiler
I wasn't trying to be exhaustive, and only one of those was substantial, and that one wasn't interesting enough to ruin the bad taste of the boring bits.
(BTW, Petrov was who I was referring to with "You have such a great character in that eccentric collector dude that you barely use". They needed more Petrov. LOTS more Petrov! He was cool.)
Also, the other side of the artifact fetching was the power fetching, which had no interesting stuff that I can remember. Man, that could have been so cool.

Did you finish the UC and Freestar questlines and all the companion quests? 84 hours seems on the low side. I'm at 100 hours and still have a lot to do, but I've also wasted a lot of time exploring random POIs.

Did you finish the UC and Freestar questlines and all the companion quests? 84 hours seems on the low side. I'm at 100 hours and still have a lot to do, but I've also wasted a lot of time exploring random POIs.
Yep, did both of those. The only companion quests (i.e. from "full" companions) I didn't finish were Sam Coe's, though I did do a reasonable amount of it.
There's still stuff for me to do if I wanted to do it. I just don't want to do it. At least not until after a big break.
The only major thing I haven't done is the Ryujin stuff. That's apparently of a decent size, so it'll be worth coming back to.

100+ hours in, and I only now just discovered that you can change your companions outfits...
Hah, I NEVER found that out!
I gave them all sorts of stuff, and though they would sometimes use one of the guns I gave them, I never saw them put on the suits or clothing.
Is there something special you have to do?

Hah, I NEVER found that out!
I gave them all sorts of stuff, and though they would sometimes use one of the guns I gave them, I never saw them put on the suits or clothing.
Is there something special you have to do?
It's not obvious. I only found out about it after I Googled to see if it was possible because I wanted to get me and a companion dressed up for that gala on the Siren of the Stars. :)

I found some people talking about it on Reddit and someone showed how to do it.
View: https://imgur.com/a/Rx487j0

Thought I was the only one. Anyway you have to trade them the armor, weapons, and ammo. They won't auto equip them either so you have to in the trade menu.

Almost similiar to how it was handled in Fallout 4 for companions/settlers.

Companions will also use explosives if you give them some. I'm not sure I recommend it though. The results are mixed to say the least. :)

So no-one seems to read the options on the inventory screens? :D I didn't either for some time but eventually realised you can fully equip your companion but the apparel available isn't very interesting (except something you have to steal from Paradiso)

Hmmm... I'm over 100 hours and haven't done any of the faction or companion quests other than Sarah's. I have spent quite a bit of time with outposts (I have 8 of them) and just got done building a large storage facility for all my resources. I've also spent time scouting lots of systems. I'm level 36.

Just checked, I'm at 126 hours. My character is an astrogeologist so playing space cops and robbers or secret agent man doesn't fit. I wish there was a Colonist faction/questline.

So no-one seems to read the options on the inventory screens? :D I didn't either for some time but eventually realised you can fully equip your companion but the apparel available isn't very interesting (except something you have to steal from Paradiso)
It's not very intuitive though. I think a lot of people probably missed it because you're being shown the PC on that screen rather than the companion.

I got softlocked in combat in a main mission and spent an hour and a half looking up how to get out of it. Ended up using the Achievement enabler mod, then using console command player.stopcombatalarmonactor
This is how I got into that pickle:
In the No Sudden Moves quest I grabbed the artifact and sprinted back to my ship dodging the guards. After undocking I got blasted to pieces a few times before I just boosted out of range of the turrets. My Grav drive was destroyed in my escape, and the game still has me 'in combat' with the music playing... after checking I see Sam is still on the Scow! I unassigned him, game wouldn't let me put him back on the ship. Still 'in combat'. I flew back and destroyed the Scow, and now with no living enemies...STILL 'in combat'. So then I had to google a way out using cheats.

I didn't know you could! I've encountered some LIST people but no-one offered to sign me up.
Not worth it as you just scan planets and sell data. Though I'll give you a spoiler free hint. You find the guy in a suit at almost every bar. Just talk and agree to join.

I'm starting to fight burn-out myself. I'm pretty far in the major questlines, but I wish I hadn't started the UC, Freestar, and Crimson Fleet stuff all at the same time as well as quite a few miscellaneous quests.

Plus, I've yet to experience anything that has really wowed me. It's all pretty good for the most part, but I haven't seen a single quest that I'd call great. The writing is too straightforward, and few of your choices seem to make much of a difference.

I'm starting to eye other games in my Steam library every time I boot it up, but I'm going to try to stick with it, because I know if I stop playing for any length of time I probably won't return to it.

I don't know if this is the correct thread for asking tips/help/etc but here it goes:

Is there any way to skip cutscenes (without using mods)? I kinda tested a few changes in the Settings Menu (both on my previous and current PC configurations), and everytime I start the game from zero, there we are: our character, Lin and Heller, together going down the lift (oh God, what a loooong, slow descent...), chit-chatting and making fun of each other. Well, except that our character can't make fun of anyone because, again, he/she seems to be the silent protagonist :p

Back
Top Bottom