Starfield - Juni 2024 Update

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Couchpotato spotted a video about the latest Starfield update:

Starfield - Official June 2024 Update Video

Starfield is the latest open-world RPG developed by Bethesda Game Studios. Players can get the overview on the latest June 2024 update including official mod support via Creations, new features for bounty hunting, quests and a plethora of improvements to melee weapons. Starfield's June 2024 Update is available now for Xbox Series X|S and PC.
More information.

Why is anyone surprised/outraged they did the same with Fallout 4 creation content. :unsure:

Not sure if there was a news article for this, but apparently Bethesda is attemption something similar to horse armor. A 7 dollar quest in Starfield. Scumbags o_O
The headline is somewhat misleading because that's not official DLC. It's Creation Club content, and I believe it's the same as in Skyrim. Afaik, the profit is split between Bethesda and the mod author.

The headline is somewhat misleading because that's not official DLC. It's Creation Club content, and I believe it's the same as in Skyrim. Afaik, the profit is split between Bethesda and the mod author.
Ah, ok. So it's not made by Bethesda. Yeah, that's different. Also, I didn't keep up and know about them already doing this in Skyrim.
So Bethesda really didn't give up on the idea of paid mods, even after all the hubbub around it? Figures ...

No they never gave up just killed the Steam paid mods, and sold paid creation mods on their website. Like I said this behavior is old news at this point in time.

Or that ship had sailed long ago.

Last edited:
I'm not as vehemently against the idea of paid mods as some are (if you produce high quality content and spend a lot of time and energy doing it, I don't begrudge you some compensation if BGS doesn't either), but $7 for a single quest is outrageously expensive. There is a 0.0% chance I would ever buy stuff piecemeal like that. BGS obviously has visions of people spending hundreds of dollars, one drip and drab of content at a time.

If anyone thinks that's bad just check out the prices and tbe amount of DLC Bethesda sells for Fallout 76. Most of that is cosmetic, and plenty of gamers buy them.

I know two different style of games just proving a point. It's not new.

My fear is the next Fallout and Elder Scrolls will use the same model.

Last edited:
I might play this, once the complete game including all DLCs is available for $ 7.

Back
Top Bottom