Starfield - One Month later

I believe Daggerfall is larger.
You was close but picked the wrong title, Dagerfall is only 100k miles.

But The Elder Scrolls: Arena is 6M miles size, so quite bigger than Starfield approximate size of 1M miles.

I doubt that it was what was meaning the post you quoted, clearly commenting modern RPG and future RPG.

You was close but picked the wrong title, Dagerfall is only 100k miles.

But The Elder Scrolls: Arena is 6M miles size, so quite bigger than Starfield approximate size of 1M miles.

I doubt that it was what was meaning the post you quoted, clearly commenting modern RPG and future RPG.
Daggerfall has more unique content since it's not being procedurally generated on the fly.

If you're counting any kind of content though, both Starfield and Arena are basically infinite due to the way procedural generation is used in those games.

Daggerfall has more unique content? Uh.... no, it doesn't. By modern standards, Daggerfall has a tiny amount of unique content, and tons of Daggerfall is procedurally generated.

Daggerfall has more unique content? Uh.... no, it doesn't. By modern standards, Daggerfall has a tiny amount of unique content, and tons of Daggerfall is procedurally generated.
You're obviously not understanding what I meant there.

Daggerfall was built using procedural generation 1 time. So everyone's game has the same content. So while procedural generation was used to help create it, the content doesn't change from one person to the next. In other words, it's not random. The content in Starfield, most of it anyways, is completely random.

You're obviously not understanding what I meant there.

Daggerfall was built using procedural generation 1 time. So everyone's game has the same content. So while procedural generation was used to help create it, the content doesn't change from one person to the next. In other words, it's not random. The content in Starfield, most of it anyways, is completely random.
Apparently, we have a different definition for content.

Most of Starfield's content is not random, because I don't count every square inch of terrain as "content". I count quests and dialogue and unique locations as content, and there is objectively far more of that in Starfield than there is in Daggerfall. I couldn't care less if a cave system goes right, right, left right or right, left, right, left, it all looks the bloody same.

Apparently, we have a different definition for content.

Most of Starfield's content is not random, because I don't count every square inch of terrain as "content". I count quests and dialogue and unique locations as content, and there is objectively far more of that in Starfield than there is in Daggerfall. I couldn't care less if a cave system goes right, right, left right or right, left, right, left, it all looks the bloody same.
No, you just didn't read all of the conversation before you decided to jump in.

The post I was replying to when you came with your kneejerk reaction is literally talking about Sq miles.

Back
Top Bottom