Steam summer Sale - 2015 edition

Well that's because you have to buy all three games to get Risen free. Frankly it makes sense otherwise thousands would only download the free Risen game.

I just grabbed Lichdom: Battlemage. It's part of the current flash sale for $5.19

Is it any good? Reviews on steam looks bad.

I've played it for about an hour, and it doesn't seem bad. It feels like Dark Messiah of Might & Magic with ranged combat.

There seems to be a decent variety of different spell upgrades and combinations you can acquire. I don't think there's a ton of depth, but it's fun if you're in the mood for some fast-paced action.

I bought BG2EE a few days ago and played a little with my friend. I am enjoying it more than PoE because the audio was much better.

I bought BG2EE a few days ago and played a little with my friend. I am enjoying it more than PoE because the audio was much better.

Its (BG1 and IWs as well) on flash sale again with 66% discount. I have the original games on gog (never played) but not the EE. Are they wroth it at £5.06?

Its (BG1 and IWs as well) on flash sale again with 66% discount. I have the original games on gog (never played) but not the EE. Are they wroth it at £5.06?

Yes, I think that's the appropriate price for what they provide.

Well I think I'm done padding my backlog for the summer. My haul:

Steam
-Apotheon
-Ori and the Blind Forest
-Gothic 1-3
-Elminage Gothic

GOG
-Legend of Grimrock II

Plus with my BT4 pledge I'll eventually be getting a copy of Wasteland 2 and BT 1-3.

Not a bad haul for under $50.

Just updating...

-Dungeons of Dredmor Complete
-Legends of Grimrock II
-Blackguards 2
-assorted Talisman DLCs
-Crusader Kings II: Way of Life (and two other DLCs)
-The Banner Saga
-Avernum 2: Crystal Souls
-Door Kickers
-Risen 3 - Complete Edition

I preferred Hunie Pop.

At least HuniePop had actual gameplay in it.
As for what I've bought so far:
- GOG: nothing yet, was hoping for an X-Wing series sale but was disappointed. Considering Trails in the Sky for $9.99.
- Steam: Child of Light $3.74, Risen 3: $7.49, CK2: Way of Life $3.99.

I got Gemini 2's expansion, Secrets of Aethera. (It and SG2 itself are 66% off for another 6 hours.) I got Talos Principle when it was cheap.

I never did see anything on GOG that I liked, though I probably should have gotten the Descent games and maybe Lichdom.

Edit: Oh! It's still going on! OK, snagged Descent 1 & 2. That gave me Sim City 2000 for free.

Last edited:
I never did see anything on GOG that I liked, though I probably should have gotten the Descent games and maybe Lichdom.

Lichdom is still on sale on Steam, although not quite as cheap as it was during the flash sale. It's easily worth the $7.99 though.

Lichdom is still on sale on Steam, although not quite as cheap as it was during the flash sale. It's easily worth the $7.99 though.

I grabbed it on GoG ... also for the $5.19 price :)

Which is no surprise. Many games are cheaper on GOG despite being on sale at Steam. 4.49€ compared to 3.89€ may not look like much, but the difference in percent is quite big.

Grabbed Fallout 3 GOTY and IWD EE

And if I can't get Fallout 3 to work probably by tomorrow I'm going to refund the damn thing. I keep losing mouse/keyboard input after a few minutes now that I'm out of the vault and I tried everything I read on the web about it.

edit: I got Fallout 3 to work. Dang, people aren't clear with their instruction. Saying "install this codec" is a lot more different than "install this codec than go in it and disabled XYZ".

Last edited:
I picked up Oceanhorn on GOG, but it's on sale at Steam, too. It's a fun, cutesy Zelda-like, and I've been having a lot of fun with it so far. If you like Zelda games (well, the older ones, anyway), I'd recommend picking it up.

Gothic 1-3 (never tried 3)
The Secret World (Base game)
Starpoint Gemini 2 + DLC
X3: GoldBox (all three X3 games)
One Way Heroics

All of those so far should keep me occupied for a year at least. :eek:

edit: D'oh, should have gotten the X-SuperBox instead, which includes the three X3 games, X2 and X for 2.50 $ less. Oh well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom