Steam - Summer Sale Next Week

I was glad to get Banner Saga 2 at a good price so soon after release.

Very little else, though. We've already seen the Witcher 3 deal (still too much for me as I don't have time to play it), and I don't see anything else from my wishlist.

I remember when Steam sales were something to get excited about…

Very true ... I was always able to find something, usually too many things.

At the same time it is somewhat amazing to see games like Shadowgrounds selling for <$1.

I remember when Steam sales were something to get excited about…
Very true … I was always able to find something, usually too many things.

At the same time it is somewhat amazing to see games like Shadowgrounds selling for <$1.

If I recall Steam allows the developer/publisher to set prices in every sale event. It used to be that Valve would set the price, and the developer/publisher had to agree.

Last edited:
I think they said something along the lines of not needing to rely on firesales like they used to.

Also: Oblivion at 40% off only???? Are they daft? How dare they? :thumbsdown:

Again, forget Steam direct sales, use an aggregator site like isthereanydeal and you'll save a lot of money, and won't care about Steam sales anymore… sales will happen all year long (and the games will still go to your Steam library).

Again, forget Steam direct sales, use an aggregator site like isthereanydeal and you'll save a lot of money, and won't care about Steam sales anymore… sales will happen all year long (and the games will still go to your Steam library).

I've been using CheapShark for several years now. I think it's one of the best. It has a nice clean layout, and it's simple to use.

Too bad this sale comes at a time I am basically broke (or what you would call when your bank account is in minus) at end of each month. Pressuring my wife to try to save on little things would not work well if I ignored that and started buying things on Steam sale :D

I think with the regularity of steam sales over the years, a certain saturation point has been reached for me.

I've got so many games waiting in line now to be played that to buy more seems almost redundant and so indulgently consumerist. :)

Come 'Xmas sales however, I always seem to pick up something...
(14 still on the wishlist...)

Back
Top Bottom