Swordhaven: Iron Conspiracy Kickstarter

I spent about 5.7 hours according to Steam. I couldn't complete the one quest since the devs confirmed it's conclusion is on a map to north, but otherwise think I did most things. I did rush around fairly quickly though. I quite liked the colorful characters, like the herbalist ;-)

I don't believe in allowing any F of W to exist on a map, so I'm very thorough!! :)

Update #1 - 50% reached + patch 0.1.1 + faq + console announcement

50% REACHED​

Ever since the start of the campaign your support was amazing, and it clearly shows as Swordhaven has reached 50% of its goal in just a couple of days. We're so thankful to everyone who pushed us towards this milestone!

PATCH 0.1.1​

The amounts of feedback you provided for the demo, helped us patch out dozens of technical issues, bugs and performance issues, greatly improving the demo's quality. Thank you for lending a hand! Check out the patchnote here.

FAQ​

Last but not least, the questions some of you have been asking helped us create a comprehensive FAQ for the game.

I'm kind of surprised they're doing consoles. I hope they're not biting off more than they can chew. I'll be curious to see what stretch goals, if any, they come up with.

I'm kind of surprised they're doing consoles. I hope they're not biting off more than they can chew. I'll be curious to see what stretch goals, if any, they come up with.
Exactly my thoughts - would console release even be worth it for projects like this?

Did the previous titles release on console? If they have the experience to do cross platform (and develop the code that way) then maybe its not too much extra work...
From KS page:
Some of you had concerns about the long wait for console ports of Swordhaven, because last time it took us years to get ATOM RPG on console
So yes, they have done it for ATOM

I suppose they're still using that Unity engine, so porting to console shouldn't be too hard. I'm surprised too that console players are interested in those games.

Update #2- SOCIAL GOALS
Greetings, friends! So far - so good, the campaign is chugging along and your support is amazing on every step of the way! Therefore, today we would like to introduce you to our campaign's Social Goals.
Update #3 -UNIQUE WEAPON QUEST LINE + SOCIAL REWARD
Today your effort has unlocked the Weapon Mastery Questline, which we will be happy to implement into the finished game. Here is how one of our writers describes it:

Nova Drakonia, a land untouched by the Celestial Dragon’s law, was a harsh frontier for the first settlers from the Kudônian Empire. Braving this savage continent meant entrusting your life to your weapon of choice. Many could not take this way of living for long, yet some mastered it to the point of perfection, developing entirely new techniques, absent from the Empire's fencing manuals.

These hardy folk became the legendary Masters, or Weapon Saints, one for each traditional weapon class. Rhalibar, Saint of the Blade; Svīra, Saint of the Voulge; Farrokh the Skull-Breaker and many more.

Of course, these days they are all dead and buried… Yet, great knowledge sometimes finds a way to resurface from the sands of obscurity, and you might just discover a hint that will lead you to those, who inherited the inhuman techniques of these great heroes of old. Now that the Social Goal is met, that’s actually a given.

Social goals are what it basically means. The more likes and shares on Facebook and other platforms earns a bunch of useless goodies for backers. Sometimes it's cosmetic DLC.

Yeah seems to be a 'thing' on KS these last few years...I usually ignore them - I want to see stretch goals! Although some of these do seem to include new game play stuff (?) so a bit confusing.
They need help with marketing. I don’t see an issue with it. More eyes usually means more money

Not great for a RPG to have fourth-wall-breaking jokes and memes scattered around the in-game world just because someone pressed the "like" button on Instagram.

These people need to learn some basic marketing to offer proper rewards which don't alienate and devaluate their product.

It is what it is. There not the first developer to use social goals. 🤷‍♂️

Like said it's a way to bring publicity to your project.

The Discord channel is pretty active and has people offering feedback as well as general interactions.

Since I use all of the socials (well, except for Space Karen's Tantrum Central), tossing them a like or follow is no biggie if it helps spread the word.

Update #4 - Red Boots Lore + New Patch For The Demo

The hidden lore behind the fabled Red Boots!​

This item is available for Marquess, Duke, Prince, King, Emperor, Prophet and Dragon level tiers.

Seven score and fifteen years ago, when the first Kudônians settled in Swordhaven, they found themselves living next to a most uncouth neighbour: Lakamundoїn the Witch, exiled by his own people for his venomous tongue and general unpleasantness.

The diaries of the first Waidelott of Swordhaven mention numerous occasions when this evil sorcerer would unleash daggerfangs upon the settlers’ fields, start fires by casting lightning on their thatched roofs, and summon rivers of giant spiders and skinwyrms.

But every time the good people of Swordhaven tried to give chase, Lakamundoїn would click the heels of his red boots and escape into the wilderness, boasting tremendous speed.

Unable to reach their attacker, the Kudônians then sought refuge in prayer. “Oh, Celestial Dragon,” they begged, “deliver us from this philistine!”

Lo and behold! The next time the wizard clicked his heels to escape vengeance, he was blinded by his own extraordinary speed and ran, stomach first, straight into a sharp branch of an old oak.

His boots then became the treasured possession of the first Waidelott… Who ran himself into a barn wall just two months later. Since then, the boots have switched dozens of hands, or rather feet. Until finishing their journey in your backpack.

Demo patch 0.1.2​

Last but not least - another major patch that fixes several dozens of recently uncovered issues is now up. Thank you for your help in discovering the most pressing issues and annoying bugs in the demo! Please, read the full patch note below.

Back
Top Bottom