The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Somehow I missed that Tears Run Rings put out an EP a couple years ago. Will probably lead to another "rediscovery" for me. I keep coming back to this band every once in a while and remind myself how much I enjoy their work. After 1 good listen, I think this is my favorite track, although the other 3 are wonderful as well.

Although a family, they parted ways with enya due to creative differences. Which is good as that way both sides made the best possible things.
That's right.

It's hard to get the albums on which Enya still appears. Almost all specimens of "Fuaim" sold on Amazon Marketplace by japanese sellers. Enya seems to be rather big there, so these almos were bought greatly there, I can only guess ...

Here's something I bet you'll also like, live version because you've heard studio recording before:

I didn't know that there exists a live version of Adiemus ... More than 10 years ago there was MIriam Stockley on the German "Night Of The Proms" concert series. She sold an album there she had made, and because of that I own a signed specimen of that. ;)

Since a few days I have the Genesis piece "Do The Neurotic" in my head ... how fitting, since they announced a concert tour in GB & Ireland !

Lesser known track from a lesser known gaze band. Much wonderfulness. Love that strolling bassline.

Currently listening De Staat (thanks again to Eye):

Some old stuffs:

And some weird stuff:

It's cheesy but today I listened the Chrono Trigger OST. Remind me of Joe Hisaïshi.

Last edited:

A little tribute to Italian opera, from a couple of years ago.

I'm growing more and more a tendency towards Folk music.
Had just listened to "Belerion" by Les Penning, and it was so much ... calming ... It is astonishing what sounds and music can still be produced via flutes, recorders, whistles ...
I think I should buy myself more of that direction. Any ideas ?

Escape from New York is good but not as good as:

Assault on Precinct 13:

The Thingy

Prince of Darkness:

(shit, now I'm over excited.
Happen every time someone mention John Carpenter.
He's my messiah.
Gonna take my crazy pills...)

I just really like that live version with his band. He's taken up touring his music in recent years. Sadly I missed them when they were over here a couple of years ago.

Same, I missed him in Paris and then again in Barcelona.

Apparently he's touring more in European countries than in the US, so there's hope.
(https://theofficialjohncarpenter.com/tour/)

And since we're here, let's have a Tangerine Dream's Near Dark theme (best vampire movie ever, with the late Bill Paxton)

Last edited:
Shelter in place came the same exact day as a concert I'd really been looking forward to at the SF Jazz Center -- Cecile Mcloren Salvant premiering a show she wrote herself, "Ogresse".

But it turns out earlier this year SFJazz put a whole bunch of footage online, so I've been consoling myself with that. Here's Salvant doing an Aretha Franklin song:

Back
Top Bottom