The Mystery Scene Game

You really should, it is just wonderful.

Too true. There's really nothing else like it, and everything about the movie is just perfect. The story is as you know just bizarre but so touching, and the performances of Bud Cort and Ruth Gordon utterly nail every nuance masterfully. Gordon in particular is so powerful, you really never forget her. Just as it should be.

Mystery Scene #67 is The Wedding Date. I'm really surprised the scene had that kind of legs.

Hmmm ... I thought that was Debra Messing, but the way it looks could almost have been from the late 60's.

I knew I recognised it, and I do have a copy of it, but it totally slipped my mind!!

Yes, it is Becket.

oh boy, my turn has been skipped again :D. Maybe we should have some two day rule from the winner before jumping the thread.

That's Gary Cooper and Barbara Stanwyck once again in Ball of Fire.

I get two now :lol:

Remember? There is no restrictive linear 'turn' thing here ... it is more 'phased' action ;)

Yep, one of the rules I set at the beginning of the thread was that we wait until one film was verified before posting the next. I did that because the thread on which I based this one is pandemonium. There are always a half dozen or more pics up and we can never keep track of which ones are active and which are finished.

However, everyone on this forum has such good manners that the rule, it seems, was interpreted as the correct guess goes next. So I've mentioned a few times that it's perfectly fine, in fact it's encouraged, that anyone can post a film as long as there isn't one already active.

I'll keep mentioning it, too, as long as necessary since it was my attempt at organization that caused the confusion in the first place. Lucky, you can go anytime and we'll all have loads of fun working on your film! ;)

Ah - I see now. I misunderstood the second part of that paragraph. I've broken it up to make it clearer.

My problem is I can't always get a picture up that fast in real time ;).

Ok, here goes. Let's see how well you know your Samurai films.

Mystery Scene #71.

My problem is I can't always get a picture up that fast in real time. I'll get mine posted in a few minutes.
I think that the whole thing is not to worry so much, no puppies, kittens or baby seals will lose their lives if we have two #70's :D

I *think* that's Toshiro Mifune in that picture, so that shot could be practically anything.

I've never been keen on Samurai films, so I can only guess blindly as to what that picture could be from.

The name of the actor is Tatsuya Nakadai who also appeared in Ran as the "King Lear" character.

The movie is Seppuku, alternate title Harikari. I caught it one night while recording IFC's Samurai Saturday Night.

Honestly, this is like no Samurai film you've ever seen. You think you have until you keep watching. I won't go into details so not to spoil it for you because it's really surprising.

If you don't normally watch Samurai films I'd recommend this one.

And if you do love Samurai films like I do..heh.

Back
Top Bottom