The TV Series discussion thread

That's certainly an interesting fantasy based off of your dislike of the show :)

In the real world, however, the show was controlled by the creators Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy - who also co-wrote every single episode.

Now, a lot of other writers did contribute - but those two were in full creative control of the show and the writing. So, in reality - it was anything BUT written by committee, which is part of why it was so consistently excellent.

So, you will probably have to come up with another fantasy to support your subjective dislike of the show.

I highly recommend not going with a fabricated lie - as you really don't need it. Just say you didn't enjoy it - and we'll accept that.

*Christopher Plummer voice* CRY HAVOC! LET LOOSE THE FANBOYS OF WESTWORLD! Um, it doesn't matter if it's overseen by a main creative force (as EVERY show is in the history of the medium) it's STILL written by a collection of OTHER writers - yes, a committee. Wow, are you brilliant. Let me ask you a question before we continue this since you're obviously so well-versed on what good SF television/cinema is. What's my avatar from? I figure it's in picture form so you could have difficulty googling it, although maybe if it wasn't in picture form you might have MORE difficulty :D

Accept the fact that you're a fanboy and maybe you can move on and get better.

What was wrong with Starlost? Can I be of assistance?

OMG, that cheapjack robot! That robot! That insipid, unfunny man! That man!

oro4.png

*Christopher Plummer voice* CRY HAVOC! LET LOOSE THE FANBOYS OF WESTWORLD! Um, it doesn't matter if it's overseen by a main creative force (as EVERY show is in the history of the medium) it's STILL written by a collection of OTHER writers - yes, a committee. Wow, are you brilliant. Let me ask you a question before we continue this since you're obviously so well-versed on what good SF television/cinema is. What's my avatar from? I figure it's in picture form so you could have difficulty googling it, although maybe if it wasn't in picture form you might have MORE difficulty :D

Accept the fact that you're a fanboy and maybe you can move on and get better.

I'm afraid you don't understand what full creative control or being a creator means.

They're simple enough concepts, though.

You seem to think it's about overseeing a project - but that's only a part of it.

In this case, they created the show and story - and they were in full control of the content, as well as being co-writers of every episode. Nolan even directed multiple episodes.

If having multiple writers working on the show means written by committee to you - then every single TV show in modern history is written by commitee.

I guess that means you think Babylon 5 was written by committee too, right?

You might as well say the show was made by a committee - because it included actors and producers.

That would make the expression absolutely useless.

But, of course, since you fabricated a bullshit reason for not liking the writing - you had to go and become pedantic rather than reasonable.

It's the Internet, afterall ;)

I can't tell you how impressive that kind of reaction is.

I'm afraid you don't understand what full creative control or being a creator means.

They're simple enough concepts, though.

You seem to think it's about overseeing a project - but that's only a part of it.

In this case, they created the show and story - and they were in full control of the content, as well as being co-writers of every episode. Nolan even directed multiple episodes.

If having multiple writers working on the show means written by committee to you - then every single TV show in modern history is written by commitee.

I guess that means you think Babylon 5 was written by committee too, right?

You might as well say the show was made by a committee - because it included actors and producers.

That would make the expression absolutely useless.

But, of course, since you fabricated a bullshit reason for not liking the writing - you had to go and become pedantic rather than reasonable.

It's the Internet, afterall ;)

I can't tell you how impressive that kind of reaction is.

You never answered the question about my avatar. I'm saddened because I won't be able to move on from thinking you're not really qualified to have a discussion like this or at least earn any kind of credibility in the subject matter. Oh, well. I tried. :roll:

Thank you for publically demonstrating what your claims are worth and how you have no issue failing to support them with rational arguments ;)

Have a nice day!

Thank you for publically demonstrating what your claims are worth and how you have no issue failing to support them with rational arguments ;)

Have a nice day!

Well, we could have continued this but you failed the litmus test there, chief. I just wanted to know who I was having this discussion with first. I don't know you from a hole in the gall except that you'll jump to the defense of your favorite exciting sci-fi TV series like a true fanboy. It's not uncommon to see this all over the interwebs.

We get it. You have no problem starting the discussion with lies but once confronted with them, you suddenly need credentials so you can avoid struggling in full view ;)

A little too late for that though.

Anyway, I'm done. Back to topic.

Well, we could have continued this but you failed the litmus test there, chief. I just wanted to know who I was having this discussion with first. I don't know you from a hole in the gall except that you'll jump to the defense of your favorite exciting sci-fi TV series like a true fanboy. It's not uncommon to see this all over the interwebs.

So if someone doesn't recognize your avatar then they can't possibly know what they're talking about? That's cute.

I'll let you get back to trolling now...

Did this nobody (aside from being the wife of the creator) Lisa Joy really co-write all the Westworld scripts? No wonder it was so disappointing. I'm not a big fan of the Nolan brothers. The Batman movies were boring action-fests with some misguided sentimentality. Will be checking out Dunkirk though. It can't possibly be as dull as Interstellar.

Westworld is is a big favorite with the ladies, I understand. They love the whole fantasy robot-fucking angle.

So if someone doesn't recognize your avatar then they can't possibly know what they're talking about? That's cute.

I'll let you get back to trolling now…

Not trolling but I believe you said something like "I can't possibly understand how someone couldn't like Westworld" so that says a lot more about you than it could ever say about the people who aren't fans. You've obviously got the same syndrome as your little hugbox mate NewDArt.

But honestly, I would have more respect for you guys if you did show you were at least partial students of SF and knowledgeable of the genre instead of arguing with classic fanboy proclivities.

I only suggested it because I know you are into these foreign shows. Truth be told, I probably like it a lot more because of the language and dialect.

I loved the loft, but apparently the US remake was shot down completely. We are still making fun of the director and his trip to make it in hollywood

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
I watched a movie titled Loft - but the language in it was dutch. It rocks.
There is no way I'd ever watch silly Hollywood remake of this gem.
A remake is worth my time only if it enhances the original in some way. A good example is Secrets and Lies, originally australian series that got an additional story in it's remake and aired two seasons instead of being just one season show. IMO it's very good so if you find it, watch it. The remake.

But yeah, you got me right. I don't watch only Hollywood, there are so many indie and exotic gems to be found out there. This still doesn't mean I'll watch any crap, I can give it a shot but if it's yucky, I'll drop it or write just as in case of HBS that it's just not good.

Last edited:
Not trolling but I believe you said something like "I can't possibly understand how someone couldn't like Westworld" so that says a lot more about you than it could ever say about the people who aren't fans. You've obviously got the same syndrome as your little hugbox mate NewDArt.

But honestly, I would have more respect for you guys if you did show you were at least partial students of SF and knowledgeable of the genre instead of arguing with classic fanboy proclivities.

Speaking of syndromes, you seem to have the one were you like to state your opinion as if it's fact. You also keep throwing the fanboy card out there because you don't seem to have anything else.

I don't want to drag the thread further off topic debating with a misanthrope such as yourself though. Feel free to start a new thread if you want to continue.

Lemme try. Isn't that a scene from THX 1138? Here's another:

THX-1138-6.jpg

Now, you guess from where my avatar came. :D
No it's not sci fi really, except a certain sci fi element in it. But see, you, a student of sci fi, should have watched it. And you still didn't.

Lemme try. Isn't that a scene from THX 1138? A very small pic, so I cannot be 100% sure.

It is small but those robot cops are among the most iconic symbols in the history of serious SF cinema so I figured they would be easily recognized by at least some people here Anyway, congrats :cool:

Speaking of syndromes, you seem to have the one were you like to state your opinion as if it's fact.

Oh my lord, how ironic that you say this though there is no irony in how you said it! You're serious! :eek: You really are.

I do agree that droning, tiresome discussions like this bring the topic down so I apologize to those checking this thread out looking for recommendations and have to suffer the likes of you, myself and NewDartless so I will cease and desist now.

Now if they made a TV series based on Ex Machina (2014) I'd watch that in a second... as long as Nolan and his wife stay far far away from it. A far more interesting extrapolation on AI than HBO's Westworld, where some of the scripts look like like they were written by actor Clint Howard after he retired his 25th World of Warcraft character :p

It is small but those robot cops are among the most iconic symbols in the history of serious SF cinema so I figured they would be easily recognized by at least some people here Anyway, congrats :cool:

THX1138 is a hack film from a hack director who needed to take a script writing class.

ae3608428fa23e0eed2348cbb06db95b--may-i-the-large.jpg

Back
Top Bottom