The War in America

The solution to the American problem is simple; they need a viable third alternative. The reality is that this will never happen!! The next possible solution is a second civil war. The issue here is that this is a quite possible (even likely) scenario!!! I'm glad I live in Oz.

I agree. I wished I live in Oz also sometimes. I've been to Oz, and while they have their issues, they don't seem to have the persistent extremism that we do here. Pragmatic conservative/moderate is what I want to see.

After living in several countries that have multiple functional parties and viable parliaments, that's my preferred type of government these days. It's unlikely to ever happen in USA, though.

Well were now supplying Israel with weapons to take over Gaza, and sent a carrier group to help. So now our weapon stockpile will be depleted even more with Ukraine.:unsure:

Well were now supplying Israel with weapons to take over Gaza, and sent a carrier group to help. So now our weapon stockpile will be depleted even more with Ukraine.:unsure:
You probably don't need to worry about that. The only thing that could really cause a big problem for your military is if China invades Taiwan or attacks another ally of yours. The rest of the world is far behind in military spending.

Is someone going to start a thread for the US election? It seems like it will be a repeat of the last one with an even more fragile and forgetful Biden for the democrats and and even more egocentric and angry Trump.

I mean, they are both so old, it is quite likely one of them might die before the election (death risk, statistically speaking, for 75-79 is 16% per year, and 25% per year for 80-84 year olds), and even likely during the four coming years.

Anyway, I've enjoyed reading the former threads, apart from some posts, since some people here have a quite different view on politics than I do. Always interesting to read it.

Edit: Statistics can be found here:

As of right now I'm simply hoping that the southern district of New York catches up with Trump and all of his shenanigans. They seem to have a pretty solid case against him for now, it just all needs to line up rather quickly.

I have no desire to debate or even repeat the same conversations for the third time. Anyway the fact that Biden or Trump are the nominees makes me want to puke.:puke:

I mean, they are both so old, it is quite likely one of them might die before the election (death risk, statistically speaking, for 75-79 is 16% per year, and 25% per year for 80-84 year olds), and even likely during the four coming years.
If we were really lucky, something would happen to both of them.

I'm not wishing death on them. I mean it would be great if they were both forced to drop out for some reason. What this country needs is fresh blood at the top of both parties.

Well, the problem here is most simply with only a two party viable electorate, the limitations are painfully plain to see. If there were, say, another two viable options, the politicians would be much more beholden to their constituents, and you'd see a sharp uprise in actual honesty/integrity. Without other options, however, this is what we have, two parties basically trading favours back and forth, with the common folk suffering the consequences.

The solution to the American problem is simple; they need a viable third alternative. The reality is that this will never happen!! The next possible solution is a second civil war. The issue here is that this is a quite possible (even likely) scenario!!! I'm glad I live in Oz.
I so much agree.

The current party system in the U.S. smells so much like brother war, so to say. A bit like in Islam (Sunni vs. Shia), but not religious.

My current belief about Trump is this :
When he gets elected, 2 things will sooner or later occurr :
- Civil War II
- WW III

He is more and more like Hitler to me. That and Hitler+Goebbels combined.

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce are part of a conspiracy to... well, do whatever things the conservatives currently think are bad. It just keeps getting dumber and dumber.
He is more and more like Hitler to me. That and Hitler+Goebbels combined.
Trump is far more isolationist. If given several years' time, he might start attacking other nations after blaming them for whatever was currently wrong internally, but I can't see him living that long. He'll be too busy destroying all sources of information that don't stick to the party line to worry about anything outside the borders.

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce are part of a conspiracy to... well, do whatever things the conservatives currently think are bad. It just keeps getting dumber and dumber.
Dumber than Bill Gates is buying farmland because he wants to create a food shortage, or George Soros is the head of Antifa? :)

Dumber than Bill Gates is buying farmland because he wants to create a food shortage, or George Soros is the head of Antifa? :)
WAY dumber! I think. How does one measure dumbness?

Earning the ire of the Swifties, though... that's combining something dumb with something unwise.

Earning the ire of the Swifties, though... that's combining something dumb with something unwise.
I'm not afraid. I've dealt with their kind before.

Teethy.jpg

Last edited:
I read Swifties and it makes me think of John Kerry and the sheer umbrage he had to withstand during his initial nominations back in the day. Good thing he's made of stern stuff.

As a non American: What's so special about Taylor Swift? She's a good looking person and a very skilled singer/artist. Why care about her and her fans' opinions? 🤔

I'm not American though I do live in the States and I've no idea who Swift even is, outside of some singer that I've never listened to. If I passed her on the street I doubt I'd recognize her.

Why care about her and her fans' opinions? 🤔
1. There are a jillion of them, and they are very interested in every little thing she does.
2. They seem to be into celebrity endorsements. I don't know if they are more into them than average or if it's just that there are so many jillions of them, but one word from her can give a major sales boost to your product. If she shows up on your show, the ratings will go up significantly.
3. The fans are at the age that makes marketers nuts. They're old enough to buy their own stuff, but not yet old enough that they have a 'favorite' brand. Getting people to buy your stuff at this age can give you a customer for decades to come.

P.S. You know, Vegas is famous for quick weddings. You don't think that... naaaaaah, they wouldn't do that! Though all the Kelces will be there anyway so..... naaaaah!!

1. There are a jillion of them, and they are very interested in every little thing she does.
2. They seem to be into celebrity endorsements. I don't know if they are more into them than average or if it's just that there are so many jillions of them, but one word from her can give a major sales boost to your product. If she shows up on your show, the ratings will go up significantly.
3. The fans are at the age that makes marketers nuts. They're old enough to buy their own stuff, but not yet old enough that they have a 'favorite' brand. Getting people to buy your stuff at this age can give you a customer for decades to come.

P.S. You know, Vegas is famous for quick weddings. You don't think that... naaaaaah, they wouldn't do that! Though all the Kelces will be there anyway so..... naaaaah!!
Yeah, I get the general reason for caring about it. I've just never been a fan of anyone, so can't really understand this experientally. It seems like a bad idea to follow anyone blindly, no matter who it is, and an artist is quite far down the list for me to listen to life advice.

So, the judgment in the NY Trump case is in. He will of course appeal, but does it impact him in any way before that process is done?

Back
Top Bottom