Things you don't need to know...

Monthly I never said it was yearly. That was Redglyph.:biggrin:

My bill with Comcast was close to $3,000 a year.

I think you
70$ a year... that's about what I pay each month - 62.50 EUR, phone not included, so 750 EUR/year. Even 250$ a year sounds like a steal.

It's "illimited" though, which means they throttle down the bitrate after a few hundred GB. I get a decent 45 mbps, which is not terrific but enough for our needs. We just have to be careful about downloading stuff when someone else is working or the remote connection suffers.

You're lucky to have such low rates over there. :)
I think you misunderstood 🤣🤣

$250 for internet here is unheard off.

Most expensive bundle I could find with a large provider is £110 / year (currently $130, would have been $150 or so in regular times), and included:
- 1Gbps internet
- 230 channels
- 5G sim card with unlimited data
- Netflix subscription
- 1 other subscription of choice (e.g. Disney+, Spotify)

How is the US so bad ? Is it all monopolised ?
A bundle like that would never happen here.

I currently pay around $260 a month for a premium tv package + internet. :(

I have what's considered a pretty expensive Internet connection (1Gb/s) and it's around 64 USD per month.

I don't watch TV (haven't done so for 25 years or so) - but a decent package would most likely cost around 40-45 USD.

You can easily get a 1Gb/s for half that price around here if you lived closer to Copenhagen.

A bundle like that would never happen here.

I currently pay around $260 a month for a premium tv package + internet. :(
That must hurt a little when the bill is coming. :(

In Europe, some of it can sometimes be reduced (let's admit it, evaded) by including it in the salary package when the job can justify it. Since the salary is taxed at about 45%, moving the fee into the gross salary is like paying half the bill. But I doubt you have the opportunity in the US since your system is different?

That must hurt a little when the bill is coming. :(

In Europe, some of it can sometimes be reduced (let's admit it, evaded) by including it in the salary package when the job can justify it. Since the salary is taxed at about 45%, moving the fee into the gross salary is like paying half the bill. But I doubt you have the opportunity in the US since your system is different?
It does, and they constantly find ways to justify raising it.

I've never heard of it being included as a job benefit over here.

Salaries are taxed at 45% over there? Ouch...

My service is similar to @Redglyph I pay $90/month for 45mb service for internet and phone, no tv at all.

70$ a year... that's about what I pay each month - 62.50 EUR, phone not included, so 750 EUR/year. Even 250$ a year sounds like a steal.

It's "illimited" though, which means they throttle down the bitrate after a few hundred GB. I get a decent 45 mbps, which is not terrific but enough for our needs. We just have to be careful about downloading stuff when someone else is working or the remote connection suffers.

You're lucky to have such low rates over there. :)
I'm paying IIRC 55 EUR a month here just for TV and (unlimited) FTTH internet, without any extras like Netflix, that'd be an extra charge.

Doesn't that come with a one-time but very expensive connection fee though?
Not here, FTTH's been standard for quite a few years now. Today, one of the most popular ISPs doesn't charge anything for building the connection, including laying the underground pipes from the road to the terminal box on the external wall of the house and from there to inside the home (though you do need to sign a 2-year contract with them). Back when I had it done with another ISP, there was an extra one-time fee in the range of around 60 EUR I think.

The speeds I'm getting are 350/100, nothing special for today's FTTH standards.

Last edited:
That's the ultimate fast food. 😅 It's obviously not pleasant but I'm surprised the police would be called for that sort of problem, isn't there a direct number to the health department? The police is already busy enough as it is.

Anyway, I like the suggestion at the bottom of the article:
1663489168697.png

Back
Top Bottom