Things you might like to know.

I've only gotten around 5-10h into the original Dead Space and maybe 1h into the remake, and I disagree. Just the graphics alone is reason for me to want remakes for the rest of them.
I think it's gonna be a bit jarring going from the remake to DS2. I'll adapt for sure, and it won't be a biggy. But I would've loved to see them all as awesome-looking as the remake.
There's not a huge difference. The remake has better lighting, etc, but the overall feel isn't vastly different. I even think some of the characters look inferior in the remake.

One thing is for sure though...EA mismanaged the franchise and seemingly killed it. That's a real shame because the first two games are classics in the genre.

W8ghnCq.png

So that's where I heard Rogue's voice from. Diana Burnwood.

pibbuR who assumes that since we're still hearing from the 13th jdr, he wasn't (seriously?)) affected by this. Or the carnifex (he lives in Florida?). Or other watchers living there.
Nope, it missed me which is good because my house has already suffered enough the last few years. ;)

I'm pretty close to that city though. Naples is less than an hour south of me.

I believe having to worry about hurricane weather practically eight months out of the year is enough for us poor Floridians to deal with. Then again, paradise does often come with a price.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5GFDJYvtPs

God damn there's a lot of lore and context to this, that went over my head.
Currently pondering if I really want to dive into cp lore and media outside of the game.

Anyway, great video. Not only due to the amazing end credits song that seems to find its way into everything. :D

View: https://twitter.com/historyinmemes/status/1783783324789416343

Must be a fucking pain to work on something for which you have a vision, and have some sidelining producer whisper in your ear that a scene is too long.
There was another similar recording of Lynch yelling about the squeeze he feels in terms of how much time he has to play with a scene, due to deadlines.
I'm just glad that even so, he's managed to create some of the most creative works of art. And I hope we might get another glimpse into Twin Peaks, before he's too old.

I love weird movies but I feel like Lynch is just random as fuck. If you try and have a perspective then you're a fool. There is no vision. :)

I mean, It's really not that difficult to see when there is a vision. Take the movie Men (2022). Clearly theres some somewhat cringe feminist "men carry their trauma through generations" shit going on. Some might totally miss that. Lynch there's just nothing. It's random as fuck. I even enjoyed a couple of them. Blue something, road something, I forget. :)

I completely disagree. Lynch has very strong vision. There's only one film of his that I couldn't get into. Inland Empire.
Otherwise his movies are an absolute joy to experience. Just a combination of daydream and nightmare with solid mystery and great characters.

A vision doesn't have to be a traditional message that you're supposed to come away with. It can also be purely experiential. And just by the living through it you can come away with something purely personal.
I think you might have a very rigid idea of what creative vision is.

Or a very solid grasp of what random is. :p

Go on, explain what one of his movies was about?

I'm not saying it's never a fun experience, but I swear there's no vision beyond intentionally trying to be confusing, for whatever reason.

What have you ever come away with thats personal beyond a feeling of confusion?

Yeaah, look. 15 mins, you're not gonna reply. :p

His talent is making random look like there's a hidden message.

If I wanna be confused I'll just take 100 magic mushrooms and try and work out when "soon" is. :p

As I said, they don't have to have a neat conclusion or a message that you can write down at the end. His movies are experiential. They're as close to what I'd imagine as dreams caught on film.
And yes they are very confusing, but that's the beauty. There's so much potential in making movies that are more than just a rigid structure of formulaic acts and a concrete message that you come away with.

In terms of interpretations, there's plenty of other people's interpretations if you really want to see what other people have come away with. But I'm not particularly interested in that.
Nor am I really interested in publicizing my interpretations of it just to prove that there is one. If you don't come away with anything from them, that's your loss.

But as I said, you don't even need to come away with something. Or better said, you don't need to consciously come away with anything. Every exposure to different experiences will affect you even if you cannot concretely point to it.
Not everything needs to be analytically marked and examined, and then explained with this limited human form of expression called written/spoken language.

I'm thankful he's managed to carve his little fanbase and has managed to get funding to make his projects. And I want more of them until it's too late.

Anyway, I'm not interested in debating this further.
If you really think he has no vision, that's fine. I disagree completely, but I see no reason to try and convince you otherwise.
Not that it matters whether has has vision or not. I just want to be able to keep experiencing his work. That's all.

Back
Top Bottom