Topics do not need to stay on topic

So in refense I made a a general post using words like idiot and noob. I didn't target any member yet it still caused a stir. So whats your opinion on that matter Eye?
It does ring a bell. Could you please help me by giving a quote?

It does ring a bell. Could you please help me by giving a quote?
It was the fallout NV Thread I went back and deleted it after a PM.

I basically wrote that if anyone needs a guide to install mods, and still messed up the installation you either have to be a noob or an idiot. Basically user error is the problem.

That somehow offended three members, I got a few PM's , was called an asshat and deleted the post. For reference again it was the first post and not targeting anyone.

My second post was sarcasm in response to that asshat comment.

Noob is OK. Idiot is not OK when you could be addressing members. Idiot is OK when referring to Biden or Trump.

You did not get a red card for your posting. I did not delete it, I did not ask you to delete it.
Let me quote myself from my friendly worded PM:
Keep 'idiot' inside your head, don't leave it on the forum.

'Idiot' and clearly targeting a member : red card.

This specific case I tried to solve by means of diplomacy since you could have been unaware of the effect of your words on others, at the same time trying to avoid similar problems in the future.
If you had any objections you should have taken the opportunity of telling me via PM.

I am not going to discuss nor explain here every, personal event in the past.

So conversation closed.

Last edited:
Ah, that complicates things. I thought it was the same person using variations of similar names.

No, that member is notdart :p (yeah yeah, weak pun I know)

This thing about off-topic and on-topic is such a subjective concept.

Especially because people tend to perceive topics differently - and have very different levels of pedantry.

I think it's the sort of thing that must be left to the individual moderator - because having posters call the shots would be a nightmare of never-ending proportions.

Personally, I rarely fret about it - but I do try to respect the topic at hand.

As for me going back and forth with people - that's very true. But I don't know why the other person isn't named when that is brought up :)

It's not like DArt + random person going in circles = 1 person.

Also, to my own credit - I think I stopped doing that for long - long ago.

It's the actual reason I never stick around - because I don't want to get caught in that trap.

Back
Top Bottom