Turn Based Lovers - News and Lists

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Some promising games in that list 2024 list. Not the most stellar year for upcoming TB RPGs, but coming from the year of BG3 and Rogue Trader a bit of a valley was to be expected.

I still have great expectations for things like Eiyuden Chronicles or New Arc Line, to mention a couple.

Some promising games in that list 2024 list. Not the most stellar year for upcoming TB RPGs, but coming from the year of BG3 and Rogue Trader a bit of a valley was to be expected.

I still have great expectations for things like Eiyuden Chronicles or New Arc Line, to mention a couple.
Yes I'm tentatively looking forward to 'Eiyuden Chronicles', as one of the very first RPG's I played was Suikoden. I picked it up for my birthday, not knowing what exactly it was, I just really liked the boxed artwork. I think I bought it in Kmart or BigW (these are stores in Australia). What a great game it was.

The main ones on my list are
Menace by the studio that made Battle Brothers
Crown Wars
Urban Strife
King Arthur Legion IX
I feel like Urban Strife has been one of my most anticipated games for 3-4 years in a row now, or at least it was. It's taking so long that my enthusiasm has died somewhat.

I feel like Urban Strife has been one of my most anticipated games for 3-4 years in a row now, or at least it was. It's taking so long that my enthusiasm has died somewhat.
Have you played these ones yet ?

Miasma Chronicles
Jagged Alliance 3
Lamplighter's League
Thaumaturge
Classified France '44

They're all on my wishlist - but I still have to finish a few other games before I buy some more.

Have you played these ones yet ?

Miasma Chronicles
Jagged Alliance 3
Lamplighter's League
Thaumaturge
Classified France '44

They're all on my wishlist - but I still have to finish a few other games before I buy some more.
I've meant to check out Miasma Chronicles because I like the setting. Gameplay-wise, it looks almost identical to Mutant Year Zero which is good or bad depending on what you like.

I played the demo for JA3 and liked it well enough. Haven't purchased it though.

Lamplighter's League isn't my style, but the reviews are good.

Played the demo for The Thaumaturge and thought it was just "ok". A little too simplistic for me, but it seems to be liked in general.

I'm not familiar with Classified France 44.

JA3 is on 50% actually, so I'm quite tempted :D

Back
Top Bottom