Turn-Based vs Real-Time Combat @ CRPG Addict

I think if you need an auto-resolve button for TB combat in a game, it is a very good indication that it simply has poor encounter design. Less filler / trash mobs + careful balancing -> No need to replace a main gameplay element with a button.

I think if you need an auto-resolve button for TB combat in a game, it is a very good indication that it simply has poor encounter design. Less filler / trash mobs + careful balancing -> No need to replace a main gameplay element with a button.

False. As already mentioned, it may be a good indication of open world design.

How long a game is SoZ? That's a pretty high level to get to. I have the thing but still haven't played it. Ohhh how I envy my European counterparts when they take their month long vacations!

How long a game is SoZ? That's a pretty high level to get to. I have the thing but still haven't played it. Ohhh how I envy my European counterparts when they take their month long vacations!

It can be infinitely long, if you want to go around farming random encounters for XP. The REs run away if their challenge level is 5 levels below you. There is a Teamwork Feat to drop the difference to 3, but I wouldn't waste the skill points on it. A character with good hide or move silently skill, can also avoid all REs. Another nice feature that should be in all open world RPGs.

You should reach about level 20 to make the final encounter easy. Note that this amount of XP comes from A LOT of repetitive REs on the Overland Map. By then most monsters will run away from you, and you can search around with characters in the lead that don't have the hide/move silently skill, yet other skills that are good for finding goodies.

I also level squatted twice, for the 2 different areas once my chars were strong enough to easily beat all REs in each area.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom