HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Couch spotted that Two Worlds III is now in development:

Two Worlds III enters development
Two Worlds II gets major engine update and new DLC

TopWare Interactive and Reality Pump studios have some exciting news! We are pleased to announce that after earning multiple awards and selling over ten million units, Reality Pump Studios has officially begun work on the third part of our blockbuster RPG series, Two Worlds!
Two Worlds III™ is currently in the concept stage and scheduled for development over the next 36 months. Keep an eye out for further announcements.

[...]
More information.

Good news. I hope they add more different elements to the game to make the world rich and to keep players busy

Huh, and I still haven't gotten around to play the first 2 games yet, despite owning them for around 3 years now. Guess I'll put it next on my to-do list after the "SR:HongKong expansion" and "BG: SoD".

Don't get too excited. From what I know, Zuxxez/Topware Interactive (the parent company) is still in insolvency.

They want to resale TWorlds2 (as enhanced, expanded, remastered, reslaved… whatever :) ) + DLCs to get funds for development of TW3. But I wonder if they have some other money for it. And how many ppl they have because many devs left Reality Pump.

So its good news, but the future of TW3 is somehow blurred imho.

Got both Two Worlds and Two Worlds 2 as a freewbie for preordering Raven's Cry.
Never fired them up.

If I learn endless mobrespawns are the main design point in the third game too, I won't buy it.

If I learn endless mobrespawns are the main design point in the third game too, I won't buy it.

At least there is no info about bears in TW3. Yet.

On the other hand that DLC is located in "lush forests" so we could assume…. :p

Wow... after Raven's Cry which for sure didn't earn them a lot of money, I'm surprised they come back like this.

I'm not surprised, raidor already posted that they're working on a new game but I thought it's a completely new thing not a sequel.

I loved Two Worlds Two, but I'm skeptical that they have a big enough team to do a sequel justice. I'll be happy to be wrong if it pans out though. They need to drop the pirate crap though.

Oooh, I'm gonna LOVE hating this game. Two Worlds 1 is one of the worst open world RPGs I ever played. Loved it.

My recollections of the Two Worlds games:
First one: Controls unbearable, dropped after 20 mins
Second one: Much better, initially very interesting, got bored half through the DLC. Respawning mobs are not my taste

All in all I'm not very excited about a third one. There are better games to play...

Two Worlds II wasn't too bad. It ran stale for me in the last 1/3 of the game and I remember sort of just rushing through to finish. Never Played the DLC. It will be interesting to see how they improve on number 3, as I felt 2 was a pretty good improvement over the first Two Worlds.

Both two world games were quite flawed, although the second one was definitely an improvement. Kind of poor man's gothics / elder scrolls. It was really fun exploring these open gameworld and the game had plenty of great gameplay ideas, but often suffered from a poor execution. Endless respawning mobs and a weak story hindered the experience quite a bit too.

I wish they would update Two Worlds 1 as well. I tried playing it again last year, but that game has not aged well at all. It's ugly, clunky, and suffers from really bad pop-in even with the view distance on the highest setting.

I've still never played the second game for some reason despite owning the collector's edition for years.

I know I'm in the minority opinion, but I'm used to that. I preferred the first over the second, by a long shot, as I recall. It's been a while, but I think it was primary because of better character development and overall greater freedom to do whatever you wanted. Most people pan the first game for its clumsily translated dialogue, but I found it rather charming.

Last edited:
I liked both games. Flawed yes, but there were some really innovative ideas that I liked a lot. Also enjoyed the fact that it wasn't set in medieval Europe. Was totally addicted to the armor upgrade system in TW one.

Back
Top Bottom