Ubisoft - We Care About the PC...Really

Multi-platform games have got a lot better about PC-specific feature support in recent years. These are not the dark days of 2005 any longer.

That said, things like multi-monitor support and dual-GPU optimization is a very niche feature on PC. I'd be surprised if dual-GPU accounted for more than a couple percent of players, for instance. Supporting those features usually doesn't lead to any more sales, and usually takes more than that percentage of work than most think - if the tech being used can even support those features well at all. Between putting engineers on features everyone can enjoy, vs. just a tiny sliver of users, well, it's not surprising why certain choices are made.

You actually tend to see a lot of niche feature support in other genres though, like simulators and MMOs - usually because those games are supported over longer periods of time by a dedicated community, so the developers have more incentive (and time/money) to appeal to those guys.

Can't really agree with that console GUI's are more prevalent than ever and proper K&M controls and key remapping are hit and miss even witcher 3 has console GUI.

Yea... UI can generally be not good like MGS5's iDroid. Equally clunky on K+M and on controller.

iDroid wouldn't be bad if they would LET ME USE MY MOUSE. (Though the display/sorting of mercs is still incredibly weak.)

Anyway, I don't understand the hate being thrown at Massive. They *are* doing things for the PC version, aren't they? Even under Ubisoft, Far Cry 3 was a pretty fun game.

Ubisoft and their UPlay, however, is another matter. Origin is annoying but at least it actually works right. Several of their games have been having issues, too. Massive may care about us but it's pretty clear their publisher doesn't.

(Though I'm not about to fault them for the 95% pirate thing. I think that might be a little high but only a little. Remember they are talking world wide and *most* of the world is south-east Asia.)

Sorry, Ubi. No money from me. And the reasons were presented by peeps that posted before me.

When and if monsieur Guillemot apologizes, i might reconsider. With a strong accent on might. As i seriously doubt that dear Yves will do such a thing, i will continue to ignore anything that comes from Ubi.

Here's my hope that they will sell Might and Magic series to someone that actually knows what to do with them.

There was a time when I bought Ubi games and there was a time when I pirated them. That was a long long time ago and now I wouldn't even remember their company if they didn't go public with the most retarded things all the time.

PC Gamers - We Care About Ubisoft…..Really :lol:

I'm not sure what you mean by "console GUI" because that's such a nebulous term.
Play Fallout 4 and you'll know what he means instantly.

Back
Top Bottom