HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Wartales got some new content:

UPDATE #1 - Harag's Marshlands

Hey there!

We're super excited and proud to present the first major content update for Wartales, Harag's Marshlands! This update adds hours of new content and gameplay but beware: the Marshlands are an unwelcoming and dangerous place, teeming with creatures, enemies and environments unlike anything you will have seen in Wartales to date....

Ludern is a particularly hostile land, even by Harag's standards. Its terrain is rugged and rocky, its forests thick and sinister, its swamps toxic and infested with nightmarish creatures. The War has destroyed its towns and villages, if not the Plague, which has taken hold. It is even said that if the Brotherhood of the Stalkers was born in these lands, it is because the Phantom Pack is more fearsome than elsewhere.

Discover a brand new scenario with new characters, quests and rewards! Harag's architecture and local culture is very different from what you've become accustomed to in Wartales.

[...]
Thanks Henriquejr!

More information.

This was enough for me to cough up the cash and pick this up. I wanted it anyhow and was going to wait till out of EA but ... wanted to play it some more ;)

Massive update---really amazing !

This was enough for me to cough up the cash and pick this up. I wanted it anyhow and was going to wait till out of EA but … wanted to play it some more ;)

I'm really close to picking this up also. Seems like the kind of game I would enjoy. Will finish up a few other games and will maybe wait for one more big update.

I am very interested in this game and will buy at some point. But kind of strange to me how these publishers promote games that are still not technically 'released'. I guess we're just helping fund development to make sure the game actually becomes a real live released title at some point. Similar to backing a kickstarter campaign.

This seems like exactly the kind of turn-based strategy I like—it's all about the fighting! But the early demo I played was a big turn-off. Everything about it felt off.

I'll hold out for more Watchers' opinions and see if it improves at some point.

I think it's a pretty good game. In a way, it's similar to Battle Brothers. But with a more "complete" world, more fun to explore. The difficulty level is also more forgiving.

Played a bunch this past weekend. The turn based combat is great - reminds me of Chimera Squad. Not a huge fan of the overland click-for-resources in RT, but its not a deal breaker.

Last edited:
I gave a try to this one over the weekend, and I was positively surprised. I didn't expect much and got my worth for my money.

Still it's not a game I'm fully into playing with every little bit of free time I get, but not all games have to be like that. Nice game to spend an hour or two now and then when the mood suits.

I am very interested in this game and will buy at some point. But kind of strange to me how these publishers promote games that are still not technically 'released'. I guess we're just helping fund development to make sure the game actually becomes a real live released title at some point. Similar to backing a kickstarter campaign.
Is the game not released yet then?
I thought it was.

Back
Top Bottom