Wartales - Pirates of Belerion Teaser

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Couchpotato spotted a teaser video for the upcoming DLC Wartales, Pirates of Belerion:

Wartales, Pirates of Belerion | TEASER

Wartales, Pirates of Belerion releases on December 14th!
Embark on over +25 hours of new adventures and explore Belerion, a new hostile region far larger than any other part of the continent. Discover a land unlike anything you've seen with the first expansion to the world of Wartales! Unravel the secrets of the region's storyline, discover new factions and master the new way to travel: navigation.
More information.

No comments on any news-posts today I see.:unsure:

The announcement surprised me but I believe it was part of the roadmap?

Last edited:
This wasn't part of the roadmap. They will have patch #3 in December that adds a new area and enemies but nothing was mentioned of pirates and ship travel. If they add new armor and weapon recipes, I'm in. Also, needs more enemy variety. Great game and looking forward to another campaign.

In a world where Battle Brothers exists, Wartales is dismal, petty, meanless. Battle Brothers, albeit much older than this, trumps Wartales in every single aspect.

Especially irritating was battle setup in Wartales. Every single time I had to deploy my guys in the same ways I had been doing it since the start of the game, basically.

It offers no tactical feel, it's way too easy, even in the hardest difficult. Also, every single fight feels the same, the AI is really dumb, and often, the optimal move is obvious.

The pacing of the game is excruciating, there's no connection to the generic dudes you hire, every new location feels exactly the same, and the story is way too poor.

This one should be dead and buried, never to be talked about again.

Well that's your opinion as I personally enjoy this game more then Battle Brothers.

Seems like this is one of those games where waiting for a couple of years for them to finish the development would not be such a bad idea. The "ultimate" edition with all the patches and DLCs will likely be a great game!

I love The Boys on Amazon Prime. That trailer for Fallout gives me hope. When dark humor is done right, it can make for the most interesting series.

I agree with @arthureloi that Battle Brothers is a better game than Wartales. I just see a lot of potential in Wartales and it isn't far off from being a very solid game. They did add a new difficulty level because the game is pretty easy.

So by agreeing with him you think the game should be dead, but at the same time you enjoy playing the game based on various comments. That's a huge 360 contradiction. :unsure:

So by agreeing with him you think the game should be dead, but at the same time you enjoy playing the game based on various comments. That's a huge 360 contradiction. :unsure:
No, I'm just agreeing that Battle Brothers is a better game. Also, that Wartales is a bit too easy but on my next campaign I will play the new difficulty level when the DLC comes out.

Battle Brothers is in my top 5 of all time so many games can't compare :)

I've not purchased Wartales yet though I'm another that will /cheer Battle Brothers on as a great game. If Wartales is anything similar, I'm sure I'll enjoy it once I've obtained the game. It's on my list for sure.

I love The Boys on Amazon Prime. That trailer for Fallout gives me hope. When dark humor is done right, it can make for the most interesting series.
I wasn't sure what to think of the trailer, but I'm still intrigued.

Haven't seen The Boys, but Westworld, which was from the same people doing Fallout, is one of my all-time favorites. Also a fan of Kyle Mclaughlin.

Back
Top Bottom