Wartales - The Tavern Opens released

PubSim, the role-playing game. Can you add a bloodsport arena pit?
Probably in the works as they updated the new roadmap with more content. I'll buy them all as I enjoy playing this game over Battle Brothers and Mount and Blade. (y)

Has anyone been playing this with Tavern DLC? I want to know how viable it is to just run the tavern with minimal other activities...

Same, I personally enjoy the pace and immersion of this game quite more than Battle Brothers. It's not like there's a need to compare, both are good games, but Wartales just feels like much more than a tactical combat simulator.

No, you have to adventure along with the tavern. You can spend time building up the tavern but still have to adventure a lot. There are different taverns in new regions and you can have more than one. I have built one tavern so far and just went to a new region.
Has anyone been playing this with Tavern DLC? I want to know how viable it is to just run the tavern with minimal other activities...

You would like to play a Tavern RPG? Tell stories to heroes, send them to quests, make banquets and manage a tavern ? :)

You would like to play a Tavern RPG? Tell stories to heroes, send them to quests, make banquets and manage a tavern ? :)
I thought it would be fun - I like decorating and all

I've been enjoying the taverns as well. Its fun and like how it offers something else to do besides combat. They did a good job with it.

It's not, however, a tavern SIM on its own. While they did a great job its more another activity to do in the overall game, even though there is some depth.

There are Tavern/RPG simulator games out there though, seen them in Steam.

I thought it would be fun - I like decorating and all
Ok. Now I know who probably liked the gardening stuff in Jedi Survivor - if you played it. :)

BTW back to tavern - fantasy tavern:

Or more traditional - which has better rating :

Yeah the tavern DLC was just another side job to do as you needed to rest everyday just to manage, or do the tasks. I enjoyed sone of those actual Sim games as well.

Ok. Now I know who probably liked the gardening stuff in Jedi Survivor - if you played it. :)
Isn't Jedi Survivior male protagonist only?
Or more traditional - which has better rating :
Yes I was eyeing this earlier - look like Winkeltje (one of my favourite games) except we run a tavern instead of a shop. I will probably check this out at some point. I just liked the look of tavern decorations in Wartales more lol

Don't forget this one it has better graphics then the one above.

33% score... looks like a blockbuster :D
Well as I always say don't let user scores decide if a game is good.

I found it be good and had a fun time playing it. 🤷‍♂️

As JDR said, it is. I assume you dont play "male hero only", right? Including Witcher?
I do play male hero games but seldomly - I did play Witcher but I didn't enjoy playing as Geralt. On the other hand, I finished Disco Elysium and enjoyed it quite a bit.
Nothing is ideal. :)
I know.. but I'm trying to find one that fits my desired category the most.

Don't forget this one it has better graphics then the one above.
Was eyeing this one too yes but negative review does scare me. How did you find it Couch? As in, what did you like about this game?

I do play male hero games but seldomly - I did play Witcher but I didn't enjoy playing as Geralt. On the other hand, I finished Disco Elysium and enjoyed it quite a bit.

I know.. but I'm trying to find one that fits my desired category the most.

Was eyeing this one too yes but negative review does scare me. How did you find it Couch? As in, what did you like about this game?
For me it was building up your tavern any way you want. It even had missions and NPC interactions. Sure it has a few path-finding errors, and sometimes it's hard to get resources.

It even has a decent story campaign were you find out your the kings long lost kid.

If that doesn't work for you can play on free build mode as well.

Most of those recent negative scores are just review bombing the developer.

Back
Top Bottom