We Knew Her Before She Was Famous!

@all: Thank you so much :)!
It took me several years of thinking and planning, one year of just writing this one… and it took me forever to decide if I was going to try to have it published :). But a friend of mine didn't stop his nagging, so I finally caved in.

@pibbur: you might try Amazon.de… if you dare…

@GhanBuriGhan: That's pretty cool! Did your wife find a publisher yet? I heard it's a bit difficult right now unless you write vampire romance books...

Congrats, Jaz.

My rats and I are very happy for your accomplishment :) We wish you all the best success and lots of green cheese:celebrate:

Cool cover. Just out of curiosity, did you pick it out or did the publishers choose it for you?

@skavenhorde: We - that is, the publishing house's editor and I - had originally chosen another cover, but then the 'romantic vampire' fad hit the streets, and so the publisher picked this one instead. Not that there was a vampire in this novel, but you get the gist. Anyway, I'm absolutely happy with this cover because it fits perfectly, and it's a lot better than the first concept.

@pibbur: Das war richtig - Dein Deutsch ist super! :) Und danke!

Badger? Hey, I remember you - welcome back! ;)

And, wow, Jaz, congrats!! :D I hope you make a killing!

My knowledge of German is fragmentary, but I hope to read your book one day.

Well done, Jazzy. I remember you mentioning that you were working on it, but it's awesome that you drove it to completion. Sequel in the works?

Congratulations Jaz. I hope you continue on writing if you really like doing that. Hopefully you make some money out of it too :)

Unfortunately, I can't read German well enough to understand a whole book - probably not even a children's book - but all the best.

Congrats Jaz! Badger was so proud of you and his copy of the book. Hopefully it takes off and they let you supervise an english translation soon.

Once again... thank y'all! :)
@dte: I actually wrote parts of the sequel before I started to work on this one, so yes, there's a sequel in the works :).

Been out of town, so belated congrats from me also, Jaz. Like everyone else who can't read german without a dictionary and babelfish, I also hope to see it translated someday. But that takes nothing away from a great accomplishment, and all the hard work that went into it.

Enjoy your fame—maybe someone over there will even buy you a REAL beer. ;) :party:

I like all types of beer - there's just one sort I really can't drink (Guinness). But I really like Belgian beer, especially gueuze or lambic. My favorite so far is Morte Subite :).

Congratulations Jaz, I can't read in german but if the book will be ever translated to english or polish I'll read it :)

Ordered Jaz' book today on Amazon together with the whole series of Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser.

PS:
Game developers:
The Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser series is very suitable for a crpg series.

I think I'm slightly in love with the cover of that book.

I would really like to read your book, but I'm afraid I paid all together too little attention when we learned German at school. I sucked at German then, and now, many years later, it hasn't improved.

I hope you get published in a language i read (English, or any Scandinavian language. Except Finnish, Suomi is a strange language)

Ordered Jaz' book today on Amazon together with the whole series of Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser.

PS:
Game developers:
The Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser series is very suitable for a crpg series.

There is a very long and complex NWN1 mod using this setting and characters.

Yes, we played it with team Corwin earlier this year.

Back
Top Bottom