What games are you playing now?

One thing that struck me during character creation is how few portraits the base game has, and I didn't like any of them. I assume most people import custom portraits?
Yes. That's something that was missing in Kingmaker and Wrath of the Righteous. There's a thread about it where we discussed our portraits. There are links to a few tools and mods, but you'll have to see if they still work with the current version:

The location of the custom portraits is here (you may have to create the directory):
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Owlcat Games\Pathfinder Kingmaker\Portraits\

In that directory, you can create subdirectories 0001, 0002, … where you put each custom portrait (a set of 3 images).

You can use this tool to generate the required images. It lets you crop them from a larger image and resizes them if necessary:

For ex:

1702891633639.png

I am playing Last Train Home. Nice game, playing it in immersion mode (Chech language) with english subtitles because I only understand half of it. :)
Game has some bugs (mostly during few dinamic quests) , but still I have lots of fun playing it.

Also play cyberpunk 2077 2.1 to clear up my head driving around night city and resolving random subquests.

Darkstone - nostalgia got the better of me. Old, janky and frustrating, but I still find it somewhat satisfying. I can see the puzzles and shit annoying most ARPG fans. Its pretty easy to die in it too. Supposedly wizard is the best class, yet I keep playing warrior (I played that class last time I played this). Unlike modern ARPGs, there's no builds or min/maxing, so it is possible to max everything out (I actually prefer this). Unfortunately, there's a really annoying age mechanic which is making playing this somewhat stressful. I guess once I get a steady flow of potion of youth going, I can stop worrying about this.

I did beat this back in 99/00, but I never bothered with the NG+ modes.

Played some more of Pathfinder: WotR. Finished the first dungeon and minor boss fight and got back to Kenabres.

I'm definitely starting to see the appeal, but I'm going to end this run where I'm at because it's not the character I want. Plus I'd like to go back to Kingmaker and do a full playthrough there first.

WotR seems significantly easier than I remember the start of Kingmaker being. I was never challenged in that first area except for the optional large water elemental which I couldn't beat.

WotR seems significantly easier than I remember the start of Kingmaker being. I was never challenged in that first area except for the optional large water elemental which I couldn't beat.
WotR is definitely easier than Kingmaker but IIRC Kingmaker also recieved some balancing treatment since the release and is less difficult now.

I want to go back to Kingmaker at one point too but there is still plenty left for me to explore in WotR.

Too much to play and not enough time!

Played some more of Pathfinder: WotR. Finished the first dungeon and minor boss fight and got back to Kenabres.

I'm definitely starting to see the appeal, but I'm going to end this run where I'm at because it's not the character I want. Plus I'd like to go back to Kingmaker and do a full playthrough there first.

Did you play Kingmaker shortly after its release? I played it much later, and the first act didn't seem more difficult in comparison, from what I remember. It must have been balanced already, as @purpleblob said. I had the impression it was shorter, but a good part of WotR's intro serves as the tutorial, so I suppose it balances things out.

That elemental was indeed a difficult bit.

What class do you have in mind for your next playthrough?

I'm having a blast with Midnight Suns, though I've only completed two missions so far. I've spent a lot of my play-time exploring the Abbey and chatting it up with people that reside within. I like how you get a different team member for various missions, that's a trend I hope continues.

Did you play Kingmaker shortly after its release? I played it much later, and the first act didn't seem more difficult in comparison, from what I remember. It must have been balanced already, as @purpleblob said.
Yeah, there were more patches after I tried it. I remember a lot of people complaining about the difficulty back then. I don't think it was actually that difficult. I think it was just that some things weren't explained very well.
That elemental was indeed a difficult bit.
Did you manage to beat it? I tried some buffs before the fight, but that slam attack still took my melee fighters down to nothing. Maybe if I was more familiar with the system...
What class do you have in mind for your next playthrough?
No idea tbh. The number of classes in this game is overwhelming.

I play on Daring difficulty and that seems perfect for me..normal was a bit too easy.
Playing a Crusader with the Angel Mythic path and it fits so well into the story..demons beware! Great game..

Yeah, there were more patches after I tried it. I remember a lot of people complaining about the difficulty back then. I don't think it was actually that difficult. I think it was just that some things weren't explained very well.
I saw many people saying the learning curve was steep. Pathfinder is known for that, too. It's quite a thick rulebook and it isn't clear, so what Owlcat has copied for the game tooltips helps but it's not perfect.

Did you manage to beat it? I tried some buffs before the fight, but that slam attack still took my melee fighters down to nothing. Maybe if I was more familiar with the system...
Once, I think, but I died a few times in a previous playthrough. When I had a rogue, I didn't even bother and used stealth to snatch the items. It's a little early in the game to fight an elemental.

South Park: The Stick of Truth. Hmm. Yes. Well. I think the things I don't like are all the things that have likely been said two trillion times: The quick time events in combat, the respawning and level scaled enemies, the backtracking, the inventory junk, how everything's a collectable, the saving system.

But the comedy is top notch. Fighting the Mongorian army was hilarious, especially if you throw a turd at them and have them all throwing up all the time. One teeny tiny highlight among countless comedy great moments.

Last edited:
Yup, what I've read and heard about the quick time events have kept me far away from the sequel yet I did enjoy the Stick of Truth and the humour is what kept the game going for me. Sometimes you can just tolerate a few shenanigans!

I've started playing Lords of the Fallen. I'm really not far but I don't think it's for me.

The combat feels clumsy. Either you lock every target or you'll likely miss them because the character likes to move forward after each strike, so it goes past the enemy and doesn't face it any more. It's very annoying. I also think they've tried to put too many things: way too many combos and strike types, awkward use of the umbral lamp during combat, weird ranged system with bars instead of ammo...

But the worst is how the controls are organized with K+M; it requires too many keys, and the default layout is just unrealistic. For example, it's not possible to have combination of keys and mouse clicks, so no Shift+click for heavy attacks. Or changing stance needs its own, separate key. Jumping requires running, and it barely looks like a jump.

I'm not a big fan of the level design, either. I thought it was nice when I saw shots and game footage, but it's monotonous and just depressing.

I'm not sure I'll keep the game, frankly; it's rather disappointing.

I've also not lasted long in Lords of the Fallen. But I do mean to go back to it some day. I sort of liked what I saw, though the whole nanite-tech really made everything very blurry and way too detailed.
And the game just has way too many systems working in parallel. I mean, if you lose me during some of the tutorial section it's definitely a problem. Way too many systems. With too many resources, some particular only to the dead dimension.

I think I'm getting to that burnout feeling again, and not sure if it's games in general or just the ones I've tried.
Been meaning to get back into my CP2077 run and I'm just not feeling it. Took me a while to even motivate myself to start it. Played for 30 mins and just left.
I think I need a bigger break and to feel the motivation to jump back in.

I've started watching Justified, since it's been on my list. Saw 2 episodes. Eh, not too much to say about it. Maybe it's a show that's meant to grow on you. It's definitely no Deadwood.

Been meaning to get back into my CP2077 run and I'm just not feeling it. Took me a while to even motivate myself to start it. Played for 30 mins and just left.
I think I need a bigger break and to feel the motivation to jump back in.
It's probably best to take a step back for a while. CP2077 is one of the few games I could spend the day playing without noticing time has even passed, so that must be a sign. Any other hobby away from computers and consoles?

I've started watching Justified, since it's been on my list. Saw 2 episodes. Eh, not too much to say about it. Maybe it's a show that's meant to grow on you. It's definitely no Deadwood.
That, on the other hand, sounds pretty normal to me. ;)
Maybe it's a show that requires watching a few episodes... I don't know. I left it after one or two episodes and I never found the motivation to go further.

I've started playing Blood West, and it's pretty great so far. It's a RPG shooter hybrid with a strong emphasis on stealth.

It takes place in an H.P. Lovecraft style version the Old West. I could best describe it as mix of Red Dead Redemption and Blood with a dash of Thief.

The PC is voiced by the same guy who did Garrett in the Thief series and Corvo in Dishonored 2.

Back
Top Bottom