What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread

Dune 2 was as impressive as the first one.

From what I read, Denis Villeneuve will produce the 3rd part, Dune Messiah, but it will be the last one.
Maybe but as a fanatical book lover and fan of the tv series I can't stomach how much content, and story he skipped or outright cut for both of his movie adaptations.

That's why I always dread watching TV or movies based on games, comics, or books.

I liked Oblivion more than you guys apparently did. It's one of the very few movies with Tom Cruise that I actually enjoyed, as I think he's really overrated in general. I liked the plot twist and the way it ended.
I liked Oblivion esp the twist mid way - but the Tom Cruise action movie i liked best was edge of tomorrow. I enjoyed the first top gun but found the 2nd one awful. Rain man and Minority report were also good but the mission impossible movies were mostly just mindless ok. i mean i don't regret them but remember them heck no.

Collateral was also a really good action movie (i'm looking through a list of tom cruise movie and pulling out the ones i enjoyed)

Jerry Maguire was really good and a few good men was not bad.

The firm was a better book than movie - anyway now that i look through the list there are quite a few movies with tom cruise i really liked - eyes wide shut was not one of them. Some of his movie are just fun but bad movies but others were decent.

I'm also a bit surprise by his breath - i associate him with action movies but hes done quite a few drama, comedy and drama - no rom con i think.
-
Anyway i tend to rate movies and not who is in them. Jennifer Lawerance 4th movie was by far her best... not sure she has done a good movie since.
---
As for books no one should see games of throne - go read the books 10000 times better.

Maybe but as a fanatical book lover and fan of the tv series I can't stomach how much content, and story he skipped or outright cut for both of his movie adaptations.

That's why I always dread watching TV or movies based on games, comics, or books.
I didn't read the books.

It's true the adaptations are often different. That used to bother me, but not so much any more, unless it's poor quality of course. I look at it as a complement rather than an alternative media.

PpZ1xSP.png

Nice. Loved the Road.

Best movie featuring Tom Cruise was Legend.

That said, he was in a lot of good and/or fun movies. Vanilla Sky is another one that I liked. Edge of Tomorrow was great, but for me that was mostly because of Emily Blunt. She looked like an Adepta Sororitas in that film.

Rain Man is indeed very good, but that's mostly because of the performance of Dustin Hoffman. I don't think Cruise was anything special in it.
I thought he played his role quite well, going from the selfish and impatient guy to something better, but Dustin Hoffman is definitely the soul of the film.

I didn't care for Legend when I first saw it, maybe I was still too much in my D&D phase. Then like ten years later I watched it again and appreciated it a lot more, there's a lot going on in the film that's not readily apparent.

We saw Abigail, a really fun (but silly) movie we both loved. The little girl did an absolutely amazing job. I believe this movie took some dancing inspiration from M3ghan, but I can't hold it against them for doing so since it worked so well. It's one of the movies that get rated 6 by people that really enjoyed it on IMDB, usually for nonsensical reasons such as it not being artsy enough or not wanting to be considered as a filthy pleb for rating a silly movie higher (in my opinion).

Back
Top Bottom