Votes: 11 6.9%
  • 51 - 56

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • 57 - 62

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • over 62

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
Nope... the Codex doesen't cover MMORPGs :)
And the only children at the Codex are there to be eaten by the regulars.

When I was your age, PC's didn't exist!! Do you know how angry that makes me!!!! YEARS of my life were wasted by there being NO PC's!!!!!! :)

In all seriousness, I often feel envious of you elderly folks that you were spared the scourge of addictive video games during your youthful years. When contemplating on all the things I may have missed out on while sitting in front of the computer, I can't help thinking I should probably postpone my gaming hobby another 40 years or so until I retire. It's even worse for the youngest generation. The amount of time kids spend sitting in front of a screen nowadays is downright scary.

Sometimes I wish I would just wake up one day in a world in which TVs and computers didn't exist. And it's at times like this, when, overcome by a yearning to escape the oppressive omnipresent grip of technology, I start up the computer and invoke my favourite virtual medieval fantasy world where wild beasts roam the forests, wooden huts speckle the landscape, and there aren't any automobiles or power lines in sight. But beneath the din of medieval instruments and the whine of the CPU fan, I can always hear a faint laughing sound. An unpleasant, ironic laugh arising from the depths of the machine - mocking my futile attempt to free myself of its tyranny.

In all seriousness, I often feel envious of you elderly folks that you were spared the scourge of addictive video games during your youthful years. When contemplating on all the things I may have missed out on while sitting in front of the computer, I can't help thinking I should probably postpone my gaming hobby another 40 years or so until I retire. It's even worse for the youngest generation. The amount of time kids spend sitting in front of a screen nowadays is downright scary.

Sometimes I wish I would just wake up one day in a world in which TVs and computers didn't exist. And it's at times like this, when, overcome by a yearning to escape the oppressive omnipresent grip of technology, I start up the computer and invoke my favourite virtual medieval fantasy world where wild beasts roam the forests, wooden huts speckle the landscape, and there aren't any automobiles or power lines in sight. But beneath the din of medieval instruments and the whine of the CPU fan, I can always hear a faint laughing sound. An unpleasant, ironic laugh arising from the depths of the machine - mocking my futile attempt to free myself of its tyranny.

I often feel the same way, but then I remember that I have learned much with the help of the computer and it's video games/internet. I now know more English than anyone of my age I've met (in real life) so far, am even competing in the state olympics, am more intelligent than your average kid (not theory-wise, mind you; apologies to Corwin, but I suck at math), am quite handy with informatics (could even make my career on it) and several other things, including humor, although for some reason I can't seem to get my groove on on this forum >.<.

In my opinion, every generation has to make do with what they have, and exploit it. There may be many who just play video-games non-stop (God knows I've done it all too many times), but this kind has existed 50 years ago as well. I've no idea whether the procentage has increased in those 50 years, although I tend to think it's pretty much the same.

El fin. Yet another post that only confirms what others think and adds nothing to anyone's knowledge. Just feeling talkative this evening.

I believe that the pendulum might swing back one day, when people get/feel fed up with too much TV, computers etc. ...

Just a guess.

I thought Corwin posted already? :cm:

Hey, I'm not a grandma!!

Maybe, but watch out for us geezers. Youthful exuberance loses to old age and treachery every time.:devil:

You're just an honorary geez til you hit fifty, dte--then you'll be inducted into the depths of physical torment, memory loss, and clothes that just don't look right on you anymore. You'll hear gazer music in the elevator on the way to get your plates adjusted and gnash what's left of your gums. Goth's won't have to die their hair or skin white anymore, and people will avoid driving with you. You'll see. (I won't mention what the adolescent years of your offspring will do to you--that would be cruel) So revel in your (comparative) youth, son :wry:

Amen to that!! After awhile, even 50 looks young!! :)

Any comment I make at this point will be taken by someone ( no names ) and twisted against me............:x

Yeah, but with the Wild Dogs, I'm aging in dog years. That puts me at just shy of 90, and I feel every day of it most of the time. ;)

Welcome to Cm's world!!!! :)

If, master Corwin, you mean the world of graceful experience coupled with the heart of an innocent child, you are right. :wideeyed: :wings:

I have warned you before Dte, just wait til they hit their teens and you can literally see the hormones dripping off the walls and ceiling. Every drop of testosterone in the house will be taken out and shot by the estrogen brigade. Leaving you standing :speechless: :wall: :end: and looking all over for a :party:

Back
Top Bottom