Witcher 3 - 16 Free Dlcs for Everyone!

Errr… Not really.

As I had to explain in another thread on Sims 4 forum:
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12929522/#Comment_12929522
My suggestion?
Give The Sims Medieval a shot first.

Do you even have the sims 4? I thought you said you wouldn't buy it and I see you all over the t4 forums shooting it down. I just don't get it, what do you get out of constantly knocking this game? Is someone paying you to do this? Just wondering :\
- I have Sims 4 Limited edition that won't see Deluxe upgrade this year. Will it happen ever is a question only EA QA can answer.
- I don't remember saying I wouldn't buy a game. I remember saying I had an opportunity to buy ltd edition with -23% off and I bought it then.
- I'm not working for EA nor for EA subsidiaries.
- I can't be bought.

What do you expect me to write? To lie to everyone and say that the game is a patchpolished masterpiece with brilliant graphics, outstanding design and no boring and annoying content? It is not.

My pants are clean. :D

I'm to tired of trolling today however. So won't use the sig on Bioware forum too just yet. But it'll be up in next few days. As they alse have "deluxe" crap edition on EA/Origin. :evilgrin:

Why are people going crazy over this? This is just a marketing ploy. If they don't want to charge for them, no reason to not include them as part of game content instead as DLCs.
Pure marketing bullshit.

Pure marketing bullshit.
Of course it is!

Now why we went crazy? In fact why I went crazy?
EA is now sweating. That's why. If you can't understand what's that about, your problem. You'll learn eventually. Start by installing Dragon Age Heroes or Dungeon Keeper on your phone.

I take it that it's a mockery, it must be, to show how "DLC" doesnt really mean anything (other than the publisher claiming it's done separately and therefore must be paid for). I think it could have been done better, e.g "Comes with 139 totally free DLC's - already patched into the game!", easier for them too than to have separate downloads + more people would get the joke too (you can see even in this thread that some people take it the wrong way).

Edit: ah, "planned" so it's actually done separately. Someone should do the above "joke" though, just to mess with EA etc ;)

Well I'm not going crazy over this it's just that EA/ Other Publishers would require a season pass, or charge you $2 for every cosmetic DLC released.
So bravo to you CD Projekt Red.:party:
It's nice to see not all developers will require money for Day one DLC. Also the game has been playable for a while now so they time to make more free DLC.:)

Basically this is beautiful "FUCK YOU" to all the other shitty companies like EA, Ubisoft and Activision (you know, those multibillion dollar corporations) that keep nickle and diming gamers (who, sadly, accept it) as much as they can.

Sure it is a PR stunt. But it is beautiful, glorious PR stunt, the likes of which we need as many as possible.

What is the point of shipping content separately then? Just include it with the original game, it doesn't make sense.

From their FB page"
"the fact that we are announcing the DLC before launch does not mean it is ready here and now. We are currently focused on polishing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt but some of the teams are free to start working on additional content that can be released after we launch the game."

This is all a publicity ploy, which seems to have worked....if it's free for everyone why is it dlc? It is just part of the game.

It is.
But it's not "deluxe" upgrade nor "season pass" sold for more $.
That's the whole idea.

You mean is it like Javik DLC on ME3 installation disc or not? :evilgrin:
We won't know till the game is released...

Yea, I'm also trying to explain to everyone that MMO means MilkMeOnline, so far no dice.

This is all a publicity ploy, which seems to have worked….if it's free for everyone why is it dlc? It is just part of the game.

Did you read their statement? Obviously not. ;)

This is not all content that will be finished by the time TW3 is released.

Hey it's free so I am cool with this marketing. They have been polishing this game for a good while so I am hoping the bug count won't be as bad as Skyrim or other sandbox games. This makes me want to buy their deluxe edition or whatever they have coming out. Throw them a little extra cash money. ;)

Am I the only one that doesn't mind paying for DLC?

If the game is good enough for me to want the DLC then I don't mind throwing them some extra cash.

I sometimes wonder if a good majority of gamers are broke and starving as there always seems to be a lot of hemming and hawing over a few bucks.

My problem with DLC is that it often integrates into the game. So to play the most complete version (which I would want to do with a game like the witcher 3) I have to either play multiple times (which is hard due to time constraints) or wait to play it ( which is also hard because it's the witcher 3).

If they really want to earn kudos from me, ditch DLC altogether and make a good expansion that tacks on to the end of the game.

Oh, and they don't need to give it to me for free. I'll gladly pay.

Well this little Q&A might help people better understand how the DLC will be released.
Q: What do I have to do to receive the 16 free DLCs?

A: The only thing you need to do to receive the 16 DLCs is purchase The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. All of the DLCs will be available for free on every platform (i.e. Xbox One, PC, and PlayStation 4).

Q: Do I have to pre-order to get the free DLCs?

A: No, each piece of content will be available for download regardless of you buying the game before or after launch on February 24th, 2015.

Q: I have the standard version of the game (i.e. not the Collector’s Edition). Do I still get the free DLCs?

A: Yes. You get the 16 DLCs regardless of the version of the game you bought (i.e. standard or Collector's, digital or physical).

Q: What’s the plan? When can I expect the DLCs to be released?

A: The plan is to release a new DLC bundle (each bundle contains two DLCs) on a weekly basis, following the game’s launch February 24th, 2015. The first DLC bundle will be released the next day on February 25th. The next bundle will be available for download a week after that, on March 4th, the next on March 11th, and so on. The first bundle will contain the Temerian Armor Set and a Beard and Hairstyle Set for Geralt. The second bundle will contain an additional quest and an alternative look for one of the game’s main characters — Yennefer of Vengerberg.

What is the point of shipping content separately then? Just include it with the original game, it doesn't make sense.

Because this hampers console game trade-ins… Anyone who enjoys this game will want to hang on to it for 8 weeks (2 DLCs per week) before trading it. This reduces the number of used copies available (the sell of which the developer and publisher gets nothing) and increases the number of new copies sold… Smart idea.
It might also discourage piracy of the PC version by some small amount, since they would miss out on the free dlc.

Back
Top Bottom