World Cup of soccer 2010

http://www.soccer-training-info.com/torres_trip_red_card.asp

Changes your mind? :p

I don't understand how both referees could miss that, at the very least it is a yellow card to torres and free kick for chilé.

Uhhh... what? We can clearly see how the Chilean player *touches* Torres. It was unintentional but he DID touch and trip him. Have you ever played soccer or tried to run nearly as fast as Torres can run?
Then you'd know that it takes *very* little to make you stumble and fall if you run at full speed. Of course it was a bad call by the referee since it was an unintentional foul but it was most definitely not a yellow card for Torres or a free kick for Chile. Come on.
Also, I didn't see any unusual amount of diving from the Spanish players during this tournament as you suggested. You sure you didn't mix that up with some of the South American teams?
Honestly, I think one of the things that is making Spain such a sympathetic winner [to a lot of people at least] is the fact that they always kept it very fair during all of their matches and that they are basically attitude-free in spite of the fact that their team is made up of the world elite in soccer.

Other than that I 100% agree with Ghan. Spain deserved to win the final and the cup. Except for a couple decent counterattacks, Holland only excelled in brutality and destruction. Definitely their worst match in this tournament.
Also agree on Spain's lack of efficiency. It is too bad that Iniesta always tries to pass the ball that one more time even if he's as close to the goal as the six yard box. If he'd be a real goal-getter he alone could/would have scored two or three more goals. If Spain had a Robben or a Messi, i.e. a player who can score from just about any angle at under ~20m to the goal then Spain would have beaten the Dutch 10:2 or something like that ;) .

I still thought Germany was the most impressive team when their game was "on". They would have won the Cup if they could have maintained a level of consistency.

Also, I didn't see any unusual amount of diving from the Spanish players during this tournament as you suggested.

So, does this mean you saw the usual amount of diving from the Spanish? There was so much diving in this tournament, I expected to see Greg Louganis at any moment.

Back
Top Bottom