X3: Terran Conflict

I'm more the "explorer" type. I'm more likely to do the economic stuff just enough to buy the things that are necessary to finish the game.

Been playing the Hardwar game I mentioned in the other thread. I got this freeform space gaming enthusiasm going on again. So I saw the X3: Terran Conflict @ Play.com for 19,49e (which is a very good price) - and they have it in stock. I also saw that they're going to release an expansionpack/uberpatch as mentioned in this thread earlier.
It's gonna be a free download to terran conflict owners. I guess that's the biggest space game there is right now at least after that patch. So I ordered it.

http://www.egosoft.com/news/current_en.php

"existing owners of X3: Terran Conflict (DVD-ROM and Steam) will also be pleased to know that concurrent with the US DVD-ROM release, X3: Terran Conflict 2.0 – The Aldrin Missions will be made available for download as a patch from Egosoft.com and Steam."

Have been reading the novel that came with my X".

It is quite good, imho, and fills the "blank spaces" of this universe quite nicely.

It is this one, and I can recommend it.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be translated yet.

Anyone know where can I get the first X game? X-BTF or preferably X-Gold ?

Anyone know where can I get the first X game? X-BTF or preferably X-Gold ?

Lol, I just recommended X:BtF to you in another thread, I guess I should have read this thread first. :lol:

X:BtF is very hard to find now, and X-Gold is nearly impossible to obtain anymore. I bought my copy of BtF a couple of years ago off Ebay, but I've never seen a copy of X-Gold there.

I tried for a long time to get a retail copy of X-Gold, but I finally gave up. A friend of mine over at Egosoft's forums allowed me to torrent the ISO of X-Gold, and then I simply burned my own copy.

In what country do you live?

I think Egosoft released a language patch to make a German version English.

The German Amazon marketplace offers are all CD-only. Former cover mounts.

You're welcome to download the CD image of X-Gold from me if you like. I'd have to figure out how to set it up to allow someone to torrent from me first.

I'd rather not use ebay or paypal. And thanks for the offer, but if I'll need to go that route (which it looks like I do) I'm sure I'll be able to find it somewhere :D
Just gonna go through these... ahem.... cleaner methods of obtaining a game.
And I could always start an fTP server and throw you an account with rights to upload. That could be done in about 4½ seconds. Faster and cleaner than bittorrent.

Don't have any reservations about PayPal, it's very convenient, and 100% safe and secure. I've been using it for years.... same with Ebay, which is a great place to find older games.

I think Egosoft released a language patch to make a German version English.

They did, but unfortunately it's only for X-Gold, not the original X:BtF.

X3: Terran Conflict 2 is out. It came out a bit early because some US retailers were already putting it on the shelves. That's left Steam flatfooted, which means I probably won't be able to get the free patch until Monday or Tuesday. (Which will probably be right when City of Heroes Issue 14 comes out.)

I almost picked up X2 yesterday at an amazing price, and then I got nervous, it being a bit older, and sequels, etc. having come out already (X3 etc.).
After reading this thread, it seems to me like a good buy after all? So shall I go back and buy it?
It does sound nice gameplay-wise.

I almost picked up X2 yesterday at an amazing price, and then I got nervous, it being a bit older, and sequels, etc. having come out already (X3 etc.).
After reading this thread, it seems to me like a good buy after all? So shall I go back and buy it?
It does sound nice gameplay-wise.

They're all great if you like that type of game. I plan on playing all of them soon, starting with the original X. If you can get X2 cheap, then don't hesitate.

They're all great if you like that type of game. I plan on playing all of them soon, starting with the original X. If you can get X2 cheap, then don't hesitate.

Hey, thanks - in that case, I'm going to get it right now. I like playing around with all kinds of sims, including Economic/Empire building ones, and of course this one seems like a nice Space sim to boot.

Make sure you grab the official mod-pack for X2. It adds some very useful features. I haven't made any progress in X3 yet, so I can't give you any sort of comparison, but I lost easily 100+ hours of my life to X2.

Make sure you grab the official mod-pack for X2. It adds some very useful features. I haven't made any progress in X3 yet, so I can't give you any sort of comparison, but I lost easily 100+ hours of my life to X2.

Hmm, I'm going to have to wait about a week for my X2, as they had to order new stock. Thanks for the tip.
Pity I have so many games to catch up with in general... :-/
I also ordered the Last Remnant, and not finished Drakensang and quite a few others yet, including some strategy games. :rolleyes:

The X games are always like an ongoing project. You should definitely browse through the official forums to find out which mods are recommended. Playing vanilla first is not the best choice here.

Back
Top Bottom