Your year end holiday & christmas game list

still waiting for a witcher price drop.
picked up both jericho and a new copy of Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts (~20 each) in the last few weeks. despite Opposing Fronts having 2 campaigns its shorter than the orginal. i think i like it a bit better though-lots of swearing from brits, scots, and even canadians:) nearly finished it and its been quite fun. not sure when i'll play jericho...as i've got lots of playthroughs of older games that have stalled in the last few months. witcher and assasin's creed are on my first buys though for the new year and currently are the only games i'd pay over $25 that have come out or will come out in the next 3 months. stalker would make that cut too but it's further out...

Ankh 1 & 2 - definitively.

I played those, and frankly I don't recommend them. Not only they're short and not that funny, but they're unpolished and buggy. To add to the insult, the developpers of those games never even patched them and offer little tech support.

In fact, I was actually playing Ankh 2 this week, and gave up on it a few hours ago. The final chapter have very serious bugs that can make the game impossible to finish, even when restarting from an earlier save. A quick search revealed that a lot of people had the same issues, and that they were never fixed.

The first Ankh also had some nasty problems at the end, but I still managed to finish it. I did enjoy the game despite its shortcomings, so I gave Deck 13 a second chance, hoping that the sequel would be more thoroughly tested. I was wrong :(. I'm staying away from any games by them the future. :mad:

Hm, I haven't heard thing about many bugs, but I know a few adventure-game related forums, so I'll find out soon.

Well, it's not that they have many bugs, but those they do have can be nasty and should have been caught by QA, or at the very least fixed in a patch.

Adventure games are usually stable, so being unable to complete one because of glitchs is quite frustrating. Add the lack of support from the developpers and you get a game not worth buying. Then again, you may get lucky and not have any serious problems.

For the Holidays, I want:

-The Witcher Collector's Edition
-Neverwinter Nights 2 Chaotic Evil Collector's Edition (includes original saga)
-Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar Collector's Edition (includes lifetime subscription)
-Diablo II Collector's Edition
-Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn Collector's Edition
-Medieval II: Total War Collector's Edition
-Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos Collector's Edition
-Company of Heroes Collector's Edition

If I get any money from cards and shit, I'm probably going to purchase at Gamestop:
-Titan Quest Gold Edition (includes art book and...SOUNDTRACK!-experiences orgasm)
-Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer
-Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
-

I seem to be picking up a common thread there, RR. Like collector's editions, do we?

@RebelRising: You think the Titan Quest soundtrack includes the rocked out theme from the secret passage? Also is the NWN2 CE the European only one--I'm thinking we didn't get an alignment choice over here...

When it comes to computergames I have more than enough already to play, however, I am thinking about ordering Arkham Horror with expansions.
I am in the same boat however interested in the expansions for NWN2 and Oblivion. The Witcher looks interesting and I liked the demo for Eschalon. Not sure about Hellgate London but maybe. Geneforge 4? Also a Civ fan and certain adventure games.

The board game Arkham is beautiful and the change of pace is good but it takes some organising.

@RebelRising: You think the Titan Quest soundtrack includes the rocked out theme from the secret passage? Also is the NWN2 CE the European only one--I'm thinking we didn't get an alignment choice over here...

As far as I know, European one and American one are different.

But I might be wrong, though, because it's a while ago since I took a look at it.

However, the "Chaotic Evil" version of it "lies like lead in the shelves", as we say here, meanwhile the "Good" edition is very, very hard to find now.

Back
Top Bottom