Zaharia - A Fantasy World Driven RPG

Religious context?

It looks interesting, but the fact that they say nothing about the religious context leaves me a little dubious.

If you go to their site and look at the Dev. Diaries they have a post about religion in the world of Zaharia.

A dev diary on religion? I'm not reading any story spoilers!

Impress me during the game. :)

Certainly an impressive project---especially excellent work on the music too. We need an increasing trend of diverse settings that are executed well in RPGs as opposed to just randomly once every great while.

Looks really nice: TB combat, an interesting setting, a full party, apparently decent character development, a font size that is readable. I'm in. Backed…and a thumbs up on Greenlight.

Best of luck, devs.

•Innovative magic system, making mages something more than portable siege weapons;
Hehehehe, I think I need to call my next mage Ballista!

In fact, despite the level growth, characters will never become immortal. Even the strongest and most skilled warrior will find himself in a tight spot when facing a large group of farmers.
Interesting. That reminds me a bit of the Rolemaster system where a lucky hit from anyone could take down the mightiest warrior. It really encouraged you to find solutions other than "kill them all and take their stuff."

Feature-wise, this game is sounding great! So, who are these guys and can they actually make this happen? No clue there. On the other hand, the price is VERY low to get in on the digital game.

OK, I'll bite. It's definitely "danger money," though. Let's see if the rookies can hit one out of the park. (Yes, I'm very ready for baseball season!)

Feature-wise, this game is sounding great! So, who are these guys and can they actually make this happen? No clue there. On the other hand, the price is VERY low to get in on the digital game.

OK, I'll bite. It's definitely "danger money," though. Let's see if the rookies can hit one out of the park. (Yes, I'm very ready for baseball season!)

I think it might be worthwhile for Inner Void to include somebios of their core team members on the KS page. While it is true this is their first game as a company, I did get the impression for the dev. diaries that most of them have worked on games before... Even if the games they worked on are something no one outside of Italy has ever heard of, I think it would reassure backers to know these guys aren't total amateurs and turn skeptics into backers.

I'm going to be so bummed if this game doesn't reach it's funding goal. It has pretty much everything I want in a new cRPG.

I like that it says it's not going to be "PC" and deal with real human ugliness and I like turn based combat.

I'm not much of a fan of the setting though, desert settings really never did anything for me.

I'm not much of a fan of the setting though, desert settings really never did anything for me.
It won't be all desert, the desert is mostly south fo the Zaharian Empire, the coastal regions have a better climate.

I'm going to be so bummed if this game doesn't reach it's funding goal. It has pretty much everything I want in a new cRPG.
Right, but it doesn't look very good currently... :(

I just sent a message to Brian Fargo on twitter about this game, since he was just asking for some recommendations a couple days ago. Hope he backs this and gives it some exposure!

Well, they got a mention at the end of the latest Wasteland 2 update.

Well, they got a mention at the end of the latest Wasteland 2 update.

Yeah I was happy to see that when I just checked my email! They got a pretty good bump in backers today, which I hope is only the beginning. If a few more of the Kickstarter creators with huge amounts of backers like Larian, Obsidian, or HBS gave Zaharia a mention then they'll have a pretty good shot I think.

Missed this one when it was first posted. Not a setting I would choose, but everything else looks really good. Backed.

Back
Top Bottom