How would you prefer to donate?

How would you prefer to donate on RPGWatch?

• Recurring small monthly sum

• Recurring medium monthly sum

• Recurring large monthly sum

• One-off small sum

• One-off medium sum

• One-off large sum

• I would not donate

• Other (please explain in comments) or staff member

Results are only viewable after voting.
In the process of donating, but I'm just curious, why does the payment info say sorcerers.net? Are the donations supporting both? *Edit* I don't have an issue if that's the case. I'm only asking out of curiosity.

Last edited:
That's a quirk with PayPal that I noticed; for single donations it displays the rpgwatch.com e-mail, but for recurring ones it displays the primary PayPal account e-mail as it is specified in PayPal. I'm not sure why it's doing that, because that e-mail isn't even specified on the side of RPGWatch. I only have a single PayPal account for donations so donations from all my sites end up in the same account anyway, but I'll try to see if I can make it be consistent with all the donation options, thanks for mentioning it.

I made the 7 year donation because walking my dogs today I saw a bee on a flower on Feb 21 in Northern Ohio. The lifetime seemed like a waste because I'm not sure if we are even going to get the 7 years. ;)

I'm buying my assless chaps and getting a mohawk asap. I already have an Australian cattle dog like Mel Gibson so I should be good.

*Edit* NM, either I spoke too soon or you already fixed it.
Yep, just fixed it. Good that you mentioned it, because your donation actually didn't go through until I changed that e-mail. Should be all good now.

Thanks a bunch to all of you who have donated so quickly already, namely: @pibbuR , @Shagnak , @Hastar , @JDR13 and @Qayto !

You guys are the best, this is way more support way faster than I could have imagined.

I made the 7 year donation because walking my dogs today I saw a bee on a flower on Feb 21 in Northern Ohio. The lifetime seemed like a waste because I'm not sure if we are even going to get the 7 years. ;)
LIFETIME or until the end of civilization as we know it, whichever comes first. :whistle:

Though I wouldn't mind making the other banners more colourful either. The problem is making them all look good on both the dark and light forum styles, as what works for one usually doesn't for the other. We'd probably need to have different colours for dark/light styles.
That's a good idea! But yes, tastes and colours, in light and dark... good luck with that.

For me it will be ad-free regardless, so I donate by grantig RPGWatch the privilege of getting my points of view and my time out of my limited lifetime. I could be doing far more prodctive things towards my self-betterment in that time.

You're welcome.
How much do I need to donate in order to get Vaelith banned? :devilish:

When you click on the link in "Your donations keep RPGWatch running!", it still tells you, that you can't donate and it seems to be quite old anyways (talking about sending a PM to Myrthos, for example).

We wouldn't take donations to get people banned, but on Sorcerer's Place we've had the option to donate in favour of another user so that they get supporter perks as if they'd donated themselves. Not sure if this would be a good or a bad thing in this case, though.
When you click on the link in "Your donations keep RPGWatch running!", it still tells you, that you can't donate and it seems to be quite old anyways (talking about sending a PM to Myrthos, for example).
Yes; the donations system is still a work in progress and right now only functions on the forums. XenForo's system relies on forum accounts to attribute supporter status to, so you have to be logged in/registered in order to make a donation. On the site pages I'll want to make it so that even those visitors who aren't registered on the forums can easily donate. I'm still considering options for that; I might go with Ko-fi there.

Best to pretend they don't exist. Maybe they'll disappear if their trollish ways are not responded to. Probably not, but one can hope.

Vaelith said:
I could be doing far more prodctive things towards my self-betterment in that time.
Please start doing far more productive things towards your self-betterment in that time. Pretty please. With a no-political-agenda cherry on top.

Good luck and thanks go to everyone who does support the site.:clap:

As for me I'm broke so yeah sorry no monies from me.:tears:

Good luck and thanks go to everyone who does support the site.:clap:

As for me I'm broke so yeah sorry no monies from me.:tears:
For all intents and purposes, you're almost team with all the news you're posting and sending to the newsposters. Time's money. :)

Further thanks to @wiretripped and @BrianOConnell for their donations!

And I agree, @Couchpotato deserves the Supporter status along with the rest of the staff, so I'll set him up with that when I'm doing it for the staff.

Back
Top Bottom