Dragon's Dogma 2

Ok, I decided to progress the main story and hit the "Guardian Gigantus" part.

.... WTF really. I mean, I always knew the story won't be a strong part of this game but it's fucking batshit stupid... Kinda regretting my choice to progress the story.

I'm glad your priorities are in the right place. :)
Quite so - and GREEN outfits, too!

Remember:

I'm going to take some break from Dragon's Dogma 2.

I killed Gregory and decided not to take the Sovereign's seat thus taking my world to "unmoored" version. It was a real obscure path, I don't even know how some people discovered this in first place. Now I'm wishing I didn't because I hate it. Should have just taken normal ending and started new game+.

Not to mention there was some real frustrating situation I encountered right before heading into Dragon's Dogma "II" part. During the final boss in Dragon's Dogma (not part 2 but 1), my pawns decided to be braindead and not assist me in battle at all, particularly a mage pawn I hired (she wasn't shielding or healing me at all). So I decided to change up mage pawn before I retry this fight, then I got a dragon plague message for the first time. I dodged it all the way to the end, only to encounter it right before the final boss fight. It was freaking annoying. It's like the game was trolling me, sigh.

I finally finished the game. Unlike most of people who unlocked "part 2" of the game, I absolutely hated unmoored world - I'm so happy I'm finally out of the god forsaken place.

My stats:
Level 63
Playtime 73:25:36
Enemies felled: 3356
Times fallen: 8
Wakestones used on self: 3
Wakestones used on others: 3

Just started NG+. I'm gonna take easy ending this time. Unless I really need end game gears for other vocations.

That's not too long for a game where you can explore an open world. Is it about the same length as the first game?
I haven't finished first game so I don't know (only played 12 hours of DD1).

For DD2, Steam shows 79 hours (would account for character creation, reloads and AFK time etc) vs. 73.5 hours from my save file stat. I haven't finished exploring the world (about half done?) because 1. I didn't know how to get to some places 2. I advanced main plot and at some point, it rushed me to the end game / it was timed so had to abandon exploration.

It's not too bad thing for me since it leaves me some new area to explore for NG+.

According to HowLongToBeat:
DD1 (with Dark Arisen expansion): Main story - 32.5 hours, Main & side - 52.5 hours, Completionist - 113 hours
DD2: Main story - 28 hours, Main & side - 53.5 hours, Completionist - 86.5 hours

Didn't they advertise that the map in DD2 was around 4 times larger than the first game? It must not be as content dense. Even when you add Dark Arisen to DD1, I would have thought DD2 would be the longer game.

I've downloaded a mod that replaces Courtly Tunic into a ballgown :D
20240426123625_1.jpg

Finally, attended masquerade as a proper noble lady
20240426224508_1.jpg

Using this outfit for when I'm using Mage/Sorcerer vocation as well lol
20240426190410_1.jpg
Noble lady Mage/Sorcerer in action
20240426183648_1.jpg

Maxed out both Mage/Sorcerer tonight, so switched to Thief (aka, I'm Batlady!)
20240426223403_1.jpg

I've now sunk in more than 100 hours into the game and I'm still having fun :D

There is a competition on reddit to come up with best fashion set using certain set so I've decided to enter - below is my entry & the piece we had to use is the chest piece. There is not many entries atm, just mine, so I might win by default LOL
Fashion comp.png

I maxed out Thief vocation last night. Holy shit, Thief is OP as hell lol. I was mowing through anything the game threw at me.
20240428160215_1.jpg
I'm abusing Griffins on a regular basis... I almost feel bad (to be fair, I'm not even hunting them, they always attack me first)
20240428154356_1.jpg
High five with my Pawn, Summer
20240428185759_1.jpg
Even downed a drake real quick... its crazy (that's me using spinning attack on drake)
20240428193044_1.jpg
Victory screenshot
20240428193159_1.jpg

Now I don't have any vocation left I want to play... I tried out Trickster and I hated it. I'm not really into melee so hesitant to try out Fighter and Warrior. Maybe I will give Mystic Spearhand go next. For now, I think its time to max out my Pawn's other vocations - she has only maxed out Mage and Fighter.

Back
Top Bottom