Final Fantasy 6 on PC

I think you both highly underestimate Android. :)

The graphics are *much* improved, the menus, the UI, etc. The sound is epic and the game is better than ever, with the addition of the Bestiary alone. Lots of fun. :)

I think you both highly underestimate Android. :)

The graphics are *much* improved, the menus, the UI, etc. The sound is epic and the game is better than ever, with the addition of the Bestiary alone. Lots of fun. :)

I have it on Android as well, have played on my Galaxy Tab S (here is the comparison to your Shield (http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Nvidia-SHIELD,Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-S-8.4/phones/8812,8663) - spoiler alert, the Samsung is slightly better.

Anyway, the Android and iOS ports are basically identical. I happen to love the GBA version best, but think the iOS or Android versions are excellent. My point was scaling the game to the 12.9" iPad Pro doesn't look as good. I'd prefer on a phone or small tablet.

I have it on Android as well, have played on my Galaxy Tab S (here is the comparison to your Shield (http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Nvidia-SHIELD,Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-S-8.4/phones/8812,8663) - spoiler alert, the Samsung is slightly better.

Anyway, the Android and iOS ports are basically identical. I happen to love the GBA version best, but think the iOS or Android versions are excellent. My point was scaling the game to the 12.9" iPad Pro doesn't look as good. I'd prefer on a phone or small tablet.
Cool. I think it looks great on an 8" 1080p tablet. I love the polished graphics.

Nice tablet you've got there. 😀 Can you stream PC games on it?? 😐

Cool. I think it looks great on an 8" 1080p tablet. I love the polished graphics.

Nice tablet you've got there. 😀 Can you stream PC games on it?? 😐

I know you *can* ... But honestly - that is why I have a stupid-huge collection of (Mac, PC, Linux and ChromeOS) computers lying around my house running everything from DOS/Win 3.1 through OS X. & Win 10. :)

As for FF VI, I think the 8" tablet might be the best compromise between seeing more and spreading the pixels too much.

I know you *can* ... But honestly - that is why I have a stupid-huge collection of (Mac, PC, Linux and ChromeOS) computers lying around my house running everything from DOS/Win 3.1 through OS X. & Win 10. :)

As for FF VI, I think the 8" tablet might be the best compromise between seeing more and spreading the pixels too much.
Tech guy, cool. The game does look good, especially the new battle backgrounds and such. Has an HD feel.

Check out the IPEGA controller. I really like it paired with the shield tablet. ☺

Tech guy, cool. The game does look good, especially the new battle backgrounds and such. Has an HD feel.

Check out the IPEGA controller. I really like it paired with the shield tablet. ☺

I have the SteelSeries Stratus, Mad Catz CTRLi and Micro CTRLi ... :). The Stratus is cool but too small, the standard CTRLi is big and I gave that to my older son, and the Micro CTRLi is just right :). The Mad Catz clip in the phone, whereas the Stratus is a stand-alone. They all help with many games like shooters and action games :)

I have the SteelSeries Stratus, Mad Catz CTRLi and Micro CTRLi ... :). The Stratus is cool but too small, the standard CTRLi is big and I gave that to my older son, and the Micro CTRLi is just right :). The Mad Catz clip in the phone, whereas the Stratus is a stand-alone. They all help with many games like shooters and action games :)

Sick! They look like great controllers. 😁

I like the IPEGA because it fits an 8" tablet snuggly. Lots of fun in emulators and android games. ☺☺

I just wanted to add that the Android/iOS (and most likely PC version) all have this little feature that, when you die, you revert to your last save, BUT, you get to keep all your accumulated XP. This means that no longer will you have the dreaded, "Yes! I leveled up 3 times in this area! Oh no, I died to the boss!! All that time was wasted!". So, it's a *very* nice feature.

Here's a great review that is similar to how I feel about the game:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/vecturin/recommended/382900/

The problem is that's a review of the Steam version, not the Android version which you're playing.

Here are some more reviews from Steam users. These are from people who are big fans of the game but are being a little more honest about the Steam port.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/losingthefight/recommended/382900/

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197990158622/recommended/382900/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Demon_Jaguar/recommended/382900/

Geez, couldn't you both just post review screenshots or something?

The problem is that's a review of the Steam version, not the Android version which you're playing.

Here are some more reviews from Steam users. These are from people who are big fans of the game but are being a little more honest about the Steam port.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/losingthefight/recommended/382900/

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197990158622/recommended/382900/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Demon_Jaguar/recommended/382900/

I don't see how those are anymore "honest" than the review I posted.

And the PC version apparently is the same as the Android/iOS version. That doesn't automatically make it "lazy", or "boring", or "bad", it simply is a choice they made to port an already excellent version from mobile devices to the PC.

What did you really expect from a port? A complete reworking? That would isolate Android/iOS users a lot and SquareEnix doesn't want to do that. So, why not port a great version of the game to PC and give PC users the same experience as the mobile users? Seems like they made a fair choice to me.

And the PC version apparently is the same as the Android/iOS version.
It just can't be.
PC version is not played by touching the phone.

I don't see how those are anymore "honest" than the review I posted.

And the PC version apparently is the same as the Android/iOS version. That doesn't automatically make it "lazy", or "boring", or "bad", it simply is a choice they made to port an already excellent version from mobile devices to the PC.

What did you really expect from a port? A complete reworking? That would isolate Android/iOS users a lot and SquareEnix doesn't want to do that. So, why not port a great version of the game to PC and give PC users the same experience as the mobile users? Seems like they made a fair choice to me.

They should have tailored the interface to the device being used. It was an issue that Final Fantasy V had as well, it felt like the interface was working against you, and by the looks of it, the interface in FF VI is even less well suited for mouse & keyboard or gamepad. Having a clumsy interface can make games like this a real drag to play.

It's a waste of time to try to get Fluent to see things logically when it comes to whatever game he currently has a crush on. :)

I admit that pressing backspace to back out of character menues is a little counter-intuitive intead of Esc, by so far that's my only complaint about the interface.

Not suited for mouse & keyboard? *shrug* Well, I used to play piano, so maybe I just don't notice bad control schemes :)

They should have tailored the interface to the device being used. It was an issue that Final Fantasy V had as well, it felt like the interface was working against you, and by the looks of it, the interface in FF VI is even less well suited for mouse & keyboard or gamepad. Having a clumsy interface can make games like this a real drag to play.

I'm playing the Android version with a gamepad and it works great. And, according to the feature list on Steam, the game has been tweaked to work better with a mouse and keyboard setup.

Also, 74% recommend the game on Steam. That number should rise when people spend more time with the game.

I admit that pressing backspace to back out of character menues is a little counter-intuitive intead of Esc, by so far that's my only complaint about the interface.

Not suited for mouse & keyboard? *shrug* Well, I used to play piano, so maybe I just don't notice bad control schemes :)

You used to play piano? Then you're all set for the PC port of Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth! It helps if you're Mozart. ;)

You used to play piano? Then you're all set for the PC port of Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth! It helps if you're Mozart. ;)
Wow, the controls must be really bad for you to say so!

I have a musical education, although I don't work in music industry. Nice to know it was good for something ;)

Bad? Hmm...in the interests of not sounding too harsh on the game, I'll just say that you'll probably have to either use a controller (in which case, no worries at all, you're good to go) or rebind the keys...then it takes a little bit of finesse. It definitely wasn't made with a keyboard in mind, unfortunately...:-/

Back
Top Bottom