Rogue Trader Warhammer 40K Rogue Trader News

Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader
I'm going to stand by the game being pretty easy on hard difficulty for most of Act 1... but holy crap, that last boss fight. The first time I tried it, I lost two characters before I took a turn. I started to think it was one of those fights like in JRPGs where you're meant to lose. Nope. Just crazy hard.

I'm going to stand by the game being pretty easy on hard difficulty for most of Act 1... but holy crap, that last boss fight. The first time I tried it, I lost two characters before I took a turn. I started to think it was one of those fights like in JRPGs where you're meant to lose. Nope. Just crazy hard.
Wait until you start act 2... I got teared apart by many things already and I'm not that far into it. Yes, there are things much worse than the last boss in act 1. But then again, I have NFI what I'm doing with tier 2 build so maybe it's just me.

Last edited:
I managed it on try #3. After I beat the fight but before I exited on the shuttle, four of my characters got stuck on some scenery and for a bone chilling moment I thought I was going to have to beat it again.

I set aside my sulking and had a look at the game again, the gamebreaking annoyance was fixed without losing my progress. So, onwards to my first space ship battle.

Is there going to be much of this space ship battle stuff?

Is there going to be much of this space ship battle stuff?
Yes, ship battles are tied to the main story. For example, you can't avoid space combat to land in Kiava Gamma. Also, later on in act 2, you need to chase down drukharis which involves fighting their ships on multiple occasions.

I put down space combat difficulty to easiest - I dislike the space combat. Funny enough, space combat difficulty is actually tied to the whole game difficulty so now I'm playing on "custom" difficulty (normal ground combat & easy space combat).

I don't know why there is no auto companion level up option in this game either.

I got into a fight last night in a warehouse (early in Act 2, companion related, for those who might recognize it) that was made far harder and much more annoying by the fact that my several "allies" shot me around 5x more often than they shot the enemies. It was comical. I wouldn't call that a bug, but it is definitely horrible AI. No more allies, game, thanks.

I don't know why there is no auto companion level up option in this game either.
I was glad to see that the first companion you acquire in Act 2 is autoleveled through the first archetype when you get her. Some might bemoan the lack of fine control; I was just glad I didn't have to choose 16+ levels worth of stuff to get going with her.

I got into a fight last night in a warehouse (early in Act 2, companion related, for those who might recognize it) that was made far harder and much more annoying by the fact that my several "allies" shot me around 5x more often than they shot the enemies. It was comical. I wouldn't call that a bug, but it is definitely horrible AI. No more allies, game, thanks.
Now you know how I feel - it actually got a little better than beta version. I had to redo that fight all night in beta because the "friendly" AI kept killing my party members. It was so rage inducing.

Wait until you start act 2... I got teared apart by many things already and I'm not that far into it. Yes, there are things much worse than the last boss in act 1. But then again, I have NFI what I'm doing with tier 2 build so maybe it's just me.
Well, I found one encounter you probably had in mind when you wrote that: derelict voidship. I beat the first fight but my party was beat to crap with penalties galore, so when I realized that wasn't the end, I quit out and plan to reload a save before all that nonsense next time I play.

Well, I found one encounter you probably had in mind when you wrote that: derelict voidship. I beat the first fight but my party was beat to crap with penalties galore, so when I realized that wasn't the end, I quit out and plan to reload a save before all that nonsense next time I play.
Yep - that's the place where I had to save in middle of combat almost after an hour then come back afterwards (cause I ran out of stamina to care anymore) to finish it off.

That's annoying. I used that quite a bit in Pathfinder because I didn't want to micro-manage all the potential party members and take hours to configure them correctly.
I prefer manually leveling up my party members in most games but as I said before, there is too much level ups in RT. I'm now level 25, 40 hours into the game. On average, that's more than 0.5 level ups per hour.

And this is going to be a looooooooooong game. I'm not good at combat so I end up re-doing same encounter 2-3 times, so after 40 hours, I think I'm maybe 1/3 into act 2?

I prefer manually leveling up my party members in most games but as I said before, there is too much level ups in RT. I'm now level 25, 40 hours into the game. On average, that's more than 0.5 level ups per hour.

And this is going to be a looooooooooong game. I'm not good at combat so I end up re-doing same encounter 2-3 times, so after 40 hours, I think I'm maybe 1/3 into act 2?
Yeah, Owlcat's games were never short, even when we could still play RTwP. That's all good, but with TB combat and many level-ups, that can significantly stretch the length of it.

I just started ACT 4 and have already surpassed the time investment into beating BG3 and starting 2 other playthroughs. Act 3 is pretty short from a content standpoint (especially compared to Act 2), but a lot of the combat encounters have enemies with much larger health bars.

Someone generated a whole bunch of male RT portraits and they look good.
View: https://imgur.com/gallery/599l5zg

I wish someone would do the same for female portraits :(

I have not yet encountered critical bug that stops my progress in act 2 which is good - finished Footfall, Janus and Kiava Gamma sections and onto my RT's headquarter planet next.

As I said during the beta, Kiava Gamma has top notch content - atmosphere and story etc are great. My only complaint this time around is combat - non boss fights were harder than boss fights. There are only about 5 encounters in the whole place but it took me about 4 hours to get through because of tough combat encounters. 2 were what I consider non boss and 3 were boss fights. I struggled the most in 2nd non boss encounter - had to give it 5 tries before I won. Easiest was the final boss encounter of this place which I finished in 1st attempt. Hmm... some weird balancing going on here.

Since I'm progressing the game at snail's pace, I'm hoping act 3-5 will be in finishable state (without ToyBox) by the time I get there.

I'm getting burnt out of combat - getting stuck in 1 encounter for an hour or so is very draining. At least the level up rate has gone down significantly compared to act 1.

Still a lot to do in act 2 (I finished it several times during beta so I know whats to come), I pressume I would reach about 70 hours gameplay by the time I get to start of act 3.

Last edited:
I wish someone would do the same for female portraits :(
Might be a starting point - openart.ai using the RPG model.

Prompt:
warhammer 40k inspired, warhammer 40k landscape, masterpiece, best quality, CG, wallpaper, HDR, high quality, ultra detailed face, cinematic,high detail, 8k, raw, high, artstation HQ, unreal engine, octane renderer, 4k resolution,hyperrealistic, highly detailed, female, commissar

Negative:
disfigured, kitsch, ugly, oversaturated, grain, low-res, Deformed, blurry, bad anatomy, poorly drawn face, mutation, mutated, extra limb, ugly, poorly drawn hands, missing limb, blurry, floating limbs, disconnected limbs, malformed hands, blur, out of focus, long neck, long body, disgusting, poorly drawn, childish, mutilated, mangled, old, surreal, text, blurry, b&w, monochrome, conjoined twins, multiple heads, extra legs, extra arms, fashion photos (collage:1.25), meme, elongated, twisted, fingers, strabismus, heterochromia, closed eyes, blurred, watermark, lowres, error, cropped, worst quality, low quality, jpeg artifacts, out of frame, signature, face cut, head cut, extra fingers, bad proportions, cropped head, malformed limbs, mutated hands, fused fingers

image_KdjtO-UH_1703021887782_raw.jpgimage_RhuQHfcQ_1703021882893_raw.jpg

Two Small hot-fix's were released this week.

I'm to lazy to make my own just use the Nexus portrait packs much easier.😪

Back
Top Bottom