World Cup

It can vary from ref to ref. Sometimes they let the near misses fly clean, and other times it appears they're clamping down. All in all I'd say the players are having great freedom to play futbol the way it's meant to be.

The women world cup quality has improved so much in 4 years it is hard to believe, a lot of good games, and fun to watch. Colombia - Germany was a fantastic game, those colombians gave it all they had and a little bit more, well deserved win!

They sure did! It always irks me when teams play full defence, that didn't happen in this game, they played with such heart and totally earned that victory.

I'm glad that match between US and Portugal was played at 3am est. It sounds like it was a good one to sleep through. :)

I caught some highlights. Or should I say low lights. That was pathetic. Coach needs to be canned.

I caught two games, the Portugal/US match and the Denmark/Haiti affair. Both were riveting and quality contests.

And yeah, some coaching changes are likely forthcoming at the end of this tourney. I'm thinking the coach for the Irish gals might be on that list, among a few others.

That Germany/South Korea match up was full of excitement, a great contest.

And yeah, that Sweden/US bout should be good, I think that's on Sunday? Or Saturday, sometime this weekend.

Japan continues their domination, and Spain lit up the Swiss, I thought that would be a better contest than it was. Later we get South Africa vs Netherlands, I'm hoping for a stellar match!

Japan is scary good. They have been the entire tourney and could easily take the prize, imo.

Japan, Sweden, and The Netherlands have been the most dominate teams so far. I don't see the US team making the final unless something changes about their play.

Congrats to Netherlands and Sweden on making it to the final tier. Netherlands versus Spain, that could be one heck of a contest! Sweden again Japan, lots of what should be rousing action yet to come.

Back
Top Bottom