World Cup

I'm hoping for a stellar match, yet I'm also a London lad soooo.....Britain all the way!

Honestly though I wouldn't mind Spain winning either. England though has improved so much since the start of the tournament it would be hard to imagine them losing now.

Can't sleep and wake up at 5am on a Sunday :[. Realize the final's about to start; well, could be worse! Let's see how this game unfolds.

A very defensive match, not the kind that I favour, yet that tends to happen in the finals. Too many errors by England, they'll have to be content with the silver, congrats to Spain on a solid match with long possessions and far fewer mistakes. Enjoy that gold, well earned!

Good on the Spanish women's football team, they were the superior squad in that match. Well deserved, and merit to England for putting up a good fight and having their own chances too.

Spanish soccer chief Luis Rubiales faces criticism after giving World Cup winner Jennifer Hermoso a surprise kiss on the lips after she receives gold medal.

Well that sucks. After the Spanish squad already overcame the management drama behind the scenes (in 2022, 16 national team members signed a petition saying they didn't wish to be play under head coach Jorge Vilda), the last thing they needed was this added foolishness. Reminiscent of Lionel Messi suddenly being given a Bisht to wear prior to his hoisting the the trophy last year - but even more disappointing.

Oof, it gets worse (for completely different, unrelated reasons) :( Spain's goal-scorer, Olga Carmona, told afterward that her father had succumbed to cancer (presumably sometime prior to the match).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom