Skyrim - Special Edition Released

I am not saying if you want to run around and not do much of anything the game isn't that. What I am saying they could remaster it 1000 times and the story would still be boring and short.

For a game some of you claim to have 100's of hours into, there is the real world to explore.

Yeah, I don't think it's being "bashed" just because people are bringing up a perfectly valid point.

Yep, no bashing in this thread.

They don't need to care, but they also don't need to act butthurt about it being mentioned. :)

Butthurt, have you read any of your post after someone says something negative about the Witcher 3?

Gothicgothicness hasn't yet trolled Bethesda in this thread. I hope she's alright. :biggrin:

Butthurt, have you read any of your post after someone says something negative about the Witcher 3?

What can you say about the TW3, unless it is total praise.

One of the deepest stories.

First game with real replayability.

Open world with so many things to do outside the story?

Mini games within the game that change how you play them.

Really the only way you could ever say anything bad about TW3 is if you hate RPGS or you just want to seem like one of the Kwel kids that don't like.

Yep, no bashing in this thread.?

Please point to where someone was bashing Skyrim in this thread, and no, talking about bugs is not bashing it.

I don't get butthurt over people talking about bugs. I will call someone out over something if it's pure bunk though. Like claiming TW3 is as buggy as Skyrim.

And I'm not claiming that everyone's experience is the the same. I can believe when someone says that TW3 was as buggy for them as Skyrim was. Fact is though, Skyrim has received a lot more complaints overall, and it's obviously not because people are just trying to bash it.

Hey, don't be messin' with us Skyrim fans…

mysterious_note_of_dark_brotherhood_by_apoca7ypse-d4u66yd.jpg

Please point to where someone was bashing Skyrim in this thread, and no, talking about bugs is not bashing it.

I don't get butthurt over people talking about bugs. I will call someone out over something if it's pure bunk though. Like claiming TW3 is as buggy as Skyrim.

And I'm not claiming that everyone's experience is the the same. I can believe when someone says that TW3 was as buggy for them as Skyrim was. Fact is though, Skyrim has received a lot more complaints overall, and it's obviously not because people are just trying to bash it.

If I was reading this thread in a vacuum I might agree with you, but we've both posted here long enough to know posters have history. If you don't think any of the posters in this thread is a skyrim basher, I'll respect that but also disagree.

My comments are motivated as much by the past 5 years of skyrim threads as it is this single one.

I usually just let it roll off my back but I'm a little irritable tonight. I should probably just get back to my dark souls DLC and stay out of skyrim threads.

If I was reading this thread in a vacuum I might agree with you, but we've both posted here long enough to know posters have history. If you don't think any of the posters in this thread is a skyrim basher, I'll respect that but also disagree.

My comments are motivated as much by the past 5 years of skyrim threads as it is this single one.

I usually just let it roll off my back but I'm a little irritable tonight. I should probably just get back to my dark souls DLC and stay out of skyrim threads.

Fair enough. I see a total of four people who mentioned bugs prior to your original post, but, except for joxer, I don't recall those posters harping on Skyrim in the past.

And let's be honest, no one pays attention to joxer anyways. ;)

Umm... 20 million more people played Skyrim than TW3. Of course more people complained.

Witcher 3 Steam
Category: Single-player, Steam Achievements, Full controller support, Steam Trading Cards, Steam Cloud
Release date: May 18, 2015
Price: $26.79 33%
Score rank: 96% Userscore: 96% Old userscore: 96% Metascore: 93%
Owners: 2,179,802 ± 37,822
Players in the last 2 weeks: 283,367 ± 13,673 (13%)
Players total: 1,945,189 ± 35,740 (89.24%)
Peak concurrent players yesterday: 11,516
YouTube stats: 53,637 views and 565 comments for videos uploaded last week, over 50 new videos uploaded yesterday
Playtime in the last 2 weeks: 09:51 (average) 03:12 (median)
Playtime total: 69:10 (average) 34:49 (median)

Skyrim Steam:
Category: Single-player, Steam Achievements, Steam Trading Cards, Steam Workshop, Partial Controller Support, Steam Cloud
Release date: Nov 10, 2011
Price: $19.99
Score rank: 87% Userscore: 93% Old userscore: 93% Metascore: 94%
Owners: 11,169,928 ± 84,514 2015-04-23
Players in the last 2 weeks: 928,248 ± 24,725 (8.31%)
Players total: 10,653,158 ± 82,598 (95.37%)
Peak concurrent players yesterday: 32,993
YouTube stats: 4,938,252 views and 52,099 comments for videos uploaded last week, over 50 new videos uploaded yesterday
Playtime in the last 2 weeks: 08:02 (average) 01:48 (median)
Playtime total: 114:21 (average) 46:42 (median)

The most interesting tell? Youtube views-5 million just last week for Skyrim, the 5 year old game versus 50,000 for Witcher 3, the game released just not even a year and a half ago. Witcher 3 is old news that nobody outside of RPGWatch cares about. Just wonderful.

The hate (jealousy) is swelling in you now TW3 fans. Give in to your anger. With each passing moment (comment) you make yourself more of an ass. What a wonderful day :D

Last edited:
Eh….

Bethesda is a known entity in North America. Just like Blizzard, over a decade's worth of marketing hype achieves its purpose and breeds a generation of clueless consumers who don't really research options beyond what company XYZ ladles into their plate.

This Skyrim edition release is typical Bethesda move, just like their games- it's half baked. For PC gamers, you get it for free if you own full game from before, while console gals and guys have to buy it for full price. Same as their games, they make great worlds, while everything else is sub par.

Don't get me wrong, I had fun in Skyrim, NPC's AI is, in one word, legendary. That stuff guarantees hours of laugh and funny scenes, commentaries and situations. Well worth the discounted price of ~10 euros.

Is Skyrim fun game? Yes.
Is it worth buying again for full price (spec edition)? No.

May be worth for folks who never played it, but those are rare.
On other hand, I understand Bethesda, they have opportunity to cash in some easy money with minimal effort, so why not doing it? I would do the same if I were in their shoes. I have the product, people are willing to buy it, easy deal. Quality doesn't matter, improvements also, as long someone is paying for it. Marketing pays off indeed.

Comparing Witcher with Skyrim is pointless. It's apples and oranges. Sure, they are same type of games, but everything else is different. They both have audiences which defend their product, and are willing to discuss it till the end of times. It's all matter of the opinion, and opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one. Obviously, noone is comparing their arsehole with someone else's.

In the end, if Skyrim is fun for you and you like it, go with it. If you like Witcher and can't stand Skyrim, go with it. If you don't like either, go with something else. Just my 517 cents.

Last edited:
The most interesting tell? Youtube views-5 million just last week for Skyrim, the 5 year old game versus 50,000 for Witcher 3, the game released just not even a year and a half ago. Witcher 3 is old news that nobody outside of RPGWatch cares about. Just wonderful.

Old news?
TW3 - Playtime in the last 2 weeks: 09:51 (average) 03:12 (median)
Skyrim - Playtime in the last 2 weeks: 08:02 (average) 01:48 (median)

Last edited:
Umm… 20 million more people played Skyrim than TW3. Of course more people complained.

More people have played Minecraft than Skyrim, yet I don't see nearly as many people talking about bugs. :)

Also, since Minecraft has sold more copies than Skyrim, I guess it's safe to deduce that it's a superior game. ;)

For keen modders, keep an eye on the new StepperUpper project on the Step forums.

Essentially, it automates the process of setting up the massive Step mod overhaul. You still have to download the long list of mods, because the Nexus understandably doesn't want utilities auto downloading from their servers. Once that's done, though, this utility takes care of all the complicated configuration, with just a few manual tasks left to do.

As I say, it's brand new, and there's no easy user guide yet, but hopefully it will make high end modded setups available to sane people that can't be bothered with all the technical work.

More people have played Minecraft than Skyrim, yet I don't see nearly as many people talking about bugs. :)

Also, since Minecraft has sold more copies than Skyrim, I guess it's safe to deduce that it's a superior game. ;)

Watchoo talkin bout Willis. Minecraft IS a superior game. And my kids complain about the bugs all the time!

I will call someone out over something if it's pure bunk though. Like claiming TW3 is as buggy as Skyrim.
I can believe when someone says that TW3 was as buggy for them as Skyrim was.
Which one now?

Shhhh! :shh: You're not allowed to say things like that! ;)
Sure you're allowed to say so. Though nobody should expect to be taken seriously when using the same broken record to bash on the same dead horse, all the while ignoring basic facts.

Fact is though, Skyrim has received a lot more complaints overall, and it's obviously not because people are just trying to bash it.
Is that so?
Again, let's talk about bugs, but the serious ones. Quest- or game-breaking, CTDs and such. And yes, the Witcher 3 has about the same amount of them as Skyrim (both versions) has - in all three cases, about 0 compared with any other AAA-game on the market.

Pretty much anyone claiming Skyrim being buggy as hell and called out on facts, points towards the unofficial patch and that since the last 5 years.
As much as I appreciate their work, fact is that most of the fixes the unofficial patch does, is miniscule and not hindering anyones gameplay. Anyone taking a quick peak at their changelog can figure that out.
And yes, you can still play through Skyrim without the unofficial patch and not encounter more serious bugs than in other games (incl. Witcher 3). Yet Skyrim is referenced as riddled with bugs.

Back
Top Bottom