Skyrim - Special Edition Released

Which one now?

It's not that hard to comprehend what I was saying, but since you seem to be struggling, and since you decided to use only a partial quote, I'll spell it out.

Skyrim has a much worse reputation for bugs. You can put as much of a fanboy spin on it as you like, but that's not going to change anything. However, I have no problem taking someone's word that they experienced very few bugs because that can happen with some people even when many others are experiencing a lot more.

Take Gothic 3 for example. That game was a horrid mess when it was released, and the vast majority complained about the bugs. However, there were still some people that, for whatever reason, were able to play through the game at release and didn't have many issues. Thing is, that doesn't change the fact that it was a buggy mess.

Sure you're allowed to say so. Though nobody should expect to be taken seriously when using the same broken record to bash on the same dead horse, all the while ignoring basic facts..

So… you shouldn't be taken seriously?

Again, let's talk about bugs, but the serious ones. Quest- or game-breaking, CTDs and such. And yes, the Witcher 3 has about the same amount of them as Skyrim (both versions) has - in all three cases, about 0 compared with any other AAA-game on the market.

Sure bud. ;)

More people have played Minecraft than Skyrim, yet I don't see nearly as many people talking about bugs. :)

Also, since Minecraft has sold more copies than Skyrim, I guess it's safe to deduce that it's a superior game. ;)

Oh to make matter worse, Minecraft even more mod-able than Skyrim!

Witcher 3 Steam
Category: Single-player, Steam Achievements, Full controller support, Steam Trading Cards, Steam Cloud
Release date: May 18, 2015
Price: $26.79 33%
Score rank: 96% Userscore: 96% Old userscore: 96% Metascore: 93%
Owners: 2,179,802 ± 37,822
Players in the last 2 weeks: 283,367 ± 13,673 (13%)
Players total: 1,945,189 ± 35,740 (89.24%)
Peak concurrent players yesterday: 11,516
YouTube stats: 53,637 views and 565 comments for videos uploaded last week, over 50 new videos uploaded yesterday
Playtime in the last 2 weeks: 09:51 (average) 03:12 (median)
Playtime total: 69:10 (average) 34:49 (median)

Skyrim Steam:
Category: Single-player, Steam Achievements, Steam Trading Cards, Steam Workshop, Partial Controller Support, Steam Cloud
Release date: Nov 10, 2011
Price: $19.99
Score rank: 87% Userscore: 93% Old userscore: 93% Metascore: 94%
Owners: 11,169,928 ± 84,514 2015-04-23
Players in the last 2 weeks: 928,248 ± 24,725 (8.31%)
Players total: 10,653,158 ± 82,598 (95.37%)
Peak concurrent players yesterday: 32,993
YouTube stats: 4,938,252 views and 52,099 comments for videos uploaded last week, over 50 new videos uploaded yesterday
Playtime in the last 2 weeks: 08:02 (average) 01:48 (median)
Playtime total: 114:21 (average) 46:42 (median)

The most interesting tell? Youtube views-5 million just last week for Skyrim, the 5 year old game versus 50,000 for Witcher 3, the game released just not even a year and a half ago. Witcher 3 is old news that nobody outside of RPGWatch cares about. Just wonderful.

The hate (jealousy) is swelling in you now TW3 fans. Give in to your anger. With each passing moment (comment) you make yourself more of an ass. What a wonderful day :D

Lol*1000....how long did it took you to come up with those numbers?
You should check out League of Legends ratings while you're at it.
Seems you still haven't learned your lesson when you got your ass whooped in Elex thread. :p

Putting Witcher vs. Skyrim childish pissing contest aside, it's damn obvious Bethesda took a game generally considered buggy and unstable( and not a result of some mass conspiracy or vendetta against them) , and "slapped" an extra coat of paint ( oddly enough, artistically making the game looks worse and actually reducing audio quality on PC version), instead of putting a substantial amount of effort toward fixing it's well known core issues( UI and stability).

If a car company did the same, would you be ok with it?

Bethesda is flat out turning into an arrogant, lazy and greedy monopolyst...trying to scam modders for profit, inflating the prices of season passes, overpricing dlc's, Bethesda.net stolen mods fiasco, promising PS4 Fallout mod support( without actually coming to agreement with Sony), their new review "policy", and now this remaster...the-modders-will-sell-our-game-for-us version.

Imo, far below anything from what we've seen from either Ubisoft or EA.

Bethesda is flat out turning into an arrogant, lazy and greedy monopolyst…trying to scam modders for profit, inflating the prices of season passes, overpricing dlc's, Bethesda.net stolen mods fiasco, promising PS4 Fallout mod support( without actually coming to agreement with Sony), their new review "policy", and now this remaster…the-modders-will-sell-our-game-for-us version.

And we have 4 people in this thread who seems to be quite happy and contented about that. They (and people like them) are the enablers who allow Beth to carry on with shit like this. As I have said - pathetic!

If a car company did the same, would you be ok with it?

If the car company gave it to me for free, in addition to my existing car, yep - I'd be OK with it. :p

But it's not really for free is it? To use your analogy - if, to get that "free" new car, you have to spend as much on the extras for your old car as the new one costs, just how free is free?

But it's not really for free is it? To use your analogy - if, to get that "free" new car, you have to spend as much on the extras for your old car as the new one costs, just how free is free?

I'm not with you - what extras do I have to spend on?

In case you see mammoth flying apply fix nr.16 lock your Frame rate to 60 :( again…

All of the DLCs?

Well, I've got the full edition, which has been the standard version on sale for years. So, in my case, a DX11 version materialised for free one morning, and will be interesting for the modding possibilities. So I'm not feeling particularly outraged.

I mean, I think a lot of the criticisms of Beth are well-founded, but I don't find this new edition to be a monstrous transgression. I find many things in the gaming world that piss me off while others aren't that bothered, but on this one I'm on the other side of the fence.

So… you shouldn't be taken seriously?
Take my words as serious as you want. I brought examples about the seriousness of bugs which none disproved, while your arguments are based on perceived reputation.

But if your gaming experience is so much worse because NPC X (which you don't care about) has the wrong weapon for it's assigned class, then yes, Skyrim is a buggy mess and none can prove the Witcher 3 has the same issue, due to lack of tools. :)

In case you see mammoth flying apply fix nr.16 lock your Frame rate to 60 :( again…
In case you're running into some drunks in Novigrad again, just accept that they have such a solid footing to not budge an inch, while pushing every other NPC out of your way - as there's no fix available.
Yes, both bugs / features / whatever you want to call it, don't matter. Yet one is part of a buggy mess, the other part of a rock solid gaming experience. But thanks for proving my point.

For those saying there are no game breaking bugs, I'd like you to meet Esbern :)

And it doesn't matter if it didn't happen to you. It's like saying that Note 7 is a safe phone because it didn't explode on you, and there were only like less than 100 reported cases.

Don't get me wrong, Skyrim is one of my favorite games, but saying it doesn't have gwme breaking bugs is just stupid. Mammoths falling from sky is for me highly immersion breaking, which might as well be game breaking.

Also, it doesn't matter how many times someone mentioned bug problems in the past. This is a re-release of a game, it is normal for people to mention bugs that are still there.

I mean, I think a lot of the criticisms of Beth are well-founded, but I don't find this new edition to be a monstrous transgression. I find many things in the gaming world that piss me off while others aren't that bothered, but on this one I'm on the other side of the fence.

For the record, I don't have a problem with SSE either.

Yes, both bugs / features / whatever you want to call it, don't matter. Yet one is part of a buggy mess, the other part of a rock solid gaming experience. But thanks for proving my point.

No one is saying that Witcher was bug free, but Bethesda has a long track record of releasing their games with a lot of issues and leaving it up to player base to fix plenty of them. That remains a proven, again and again, fact, no matter how you try and paint games from other developers in the same state in comparison...or state that you, specifically, did not encounter any issues.
If you want a comparison: CDPR received a lot of criticism for UI design and ended up doing a complete overhaul as a result...Skyrim's UI was released in much worse state and remains unchanged as it is.
Or how about the way they "fixed" stuttering and fps issues with Far Harbor on PS4, caused by fog effects...Bethesda solution: Remove (most of) the fog.
Despite the entire ambiance and setting being based on it! :p
If that's your idea of professionalism, then there is really no point in any further discussion.

Sheesh...sometimes I wish there was a way to make it so people who actually are qualified on a topic get much better visibility on forums instead of being lost in the crowd. Seems like these threads (and life) always come down to a few of us who know what's going on versus a larger number who speak without studying.

Here's the bottom line. Skyrim SE is a FANTASTIC upgrade to the game. It's more stable, significantly more efficient, has vastly improved lighting, has much nicer volumetric effects and water.

And Bethesda finally did the right thing by PC players, giving us this edition for free if we already owned all of the original. Respect to them. And Bethesda deserves to charge full price on the consoles because Skyrim is STILL one of the best RPGs ever made.

Now there are some issues with this new version. Terrible audio downgrade, but that's being patched next week supposedly. Terrible upscaling of many textures with a horrible heavy-handed noise/sharpen filter. Bah...

Overall, Skyrim is AWESOME, and more Skyrim with 64-bit, DX11 is AWESOME.

By the way, my humble (best ever) mod Static Mesh Improvement Mod will be fully ready for the SE version in a day or two.

Why not compare Witcher and Skyrim ? Are the beth fanboys afraid of someting? Witcher 3 is an absolute AAA project, a project which delivered absolutely unlike other big publisher projects. Bethesda always focused to nail down the toolset, and release the game as is. Skyrim the game was absolutely broken and still is clunky , Witcher is far superior product but it comes with no toolet / modability

I'm noticing quite a few improvements that were impossible to fix before. The z-fighting flickering mountains appears to be fixed.

well then thats a big one

Yet Skyrim is referenced as riddled with bugs.

Because the original code is sloppy as hell

By the way, my humble (best ever) mod Static Mesh Improvement Mod will be fully ready for the SE version in a day or two.

That's good to know Brumbek! The bad news (for me) is that I've finished my last play around with mods a couple of weeks ago so it will be a while before I will try SSE. The good news is that by then there will be SSE AND a whole new bunch of mods to try :)

Now there are some issues with this new version. Terrible audio downgrade, but that's being patched next week supposedly. [/URL] will be fully ready for the SE version in a day or two.

Just to point out, this was most likely a release accident. They were using compressed audio file format probably to make things smaller for testing purposes. This problem is only happening on PC and XBone. PS4 wasn't affected (at first I was confused at the complaint, because I have a PS4 and sound seemed much improved, which it is).

Back
Top Bottom