Only 400 active users?

It's called illusion of grandeur, Eye.

I'm happy with its size. But perhaps that is difficult to say for certain men. They need to compensate in other areas. Hence the ever returning Codexers to point at the size of theirs? ;)

Size is an important issue for me and if the Watch get too big I might leave. I hang around at the watch because its relativity small! The smaller size allow you to get know the posters and it brings in sense of comradery.

However I do agree things bit tame here and due to that discussion can only go so far without someone being offended but I guess that the price you pay. I am at stage of life where I don't have the time anymore to get into heated debates on the internet so I am happy with the Watch's tame approach to things.

I post more at the Watch, but I find the Codex to be pretty vital to my total gaming portfolio :D

In reality, if I want to talk the nuts and bolts of a game and its systems, I typically end up at RPGCodex. Even though I'm a Bethesda fanboi and they hate that over there. Conversations over here are generally lighter. Casual fans versus true fanatics.
Nothing wrong with either group.

There are exceptions in all cases.

Pretty good thread, boys.

mrpresident.png

For a bunch that are so secure in their identity and superior culture, one wonders why they're on here writing whiny essays about why theirs is bigger.

The size is not an issue. As has been pointed out, both these forums together are smaller than ign's, yet I'd say each is inherently superior.

As to why I'm commenting? Isn't that the point of a forum? Interesting discussion? I think the OP brought up a good point.

Anyhow, as aweigh has indicated in many posts on the codex, the watch does have a much better news section than the codex. For some reason the powers that be prefer not to post news about all kinds of rpgs and instead just post about the typical dev studios.

What did Fluent ever do to you?

Fluent rubs me the wrong way. He's a disingenuous person who came to the codex trying to shill his youtube channel, while pretending to be there to actually discuss RPGs.

Instead it was obvious fairly early that he doesn't really want to engage in any meaningful conversation about why he does or does not like games. Everything is an emoji, a "oh but it's all honky dorry everyone likes stuff rainbows and sunshine", ignores you, or just starts posting about his youtube channel. His thread eventually got sent to Prosperland, which is segregated from the rest of the codex, but he got clever and started putting his youtube link in his sig. The shill is strong with that one!

I see he's toned it down here, which makes sense based on the reaction he got on the codex. Oh, and apparently he started asking for people to pay $$ for the work he's done on his videos or something? LOL.

Anyhow, all that contributes to my utter dislike of him overall.

From what I've seen of dislike buttons, they just flat out don't work. Whatever is being talked about, whatever is being said, the dislikes outnumber the likes by some ridiculous factor. I end up just looking at the likes anyway because they actually seem to be some reflection on the post while the number of dislikes is just a steady stream of hate the reflects the post's time stamp more than its content.

As for the Codex vs. Watch thing - yeah, whatever. This is where I'll go to talk RPGs. I'll go to Codex forums if I think I need to get better at insulting people.

I agree that there are some deep discussions at the Codex. But generally they are gross, yucky people.

I agree that there are some deep discussions at the Codex. But generally they are gross, yucky people.

Yeah, I never go there unless I'm in desperate need of a shower :biggrin:

I've had some good experiences with posters there. If you just stick to the typical RPG discussion threads as well as keep the BS Filter in your brain on, you will find some decent stuff. Scan the threads a bit and just ignore the nonsense. I've said this several times already though so I'm repeating myself.

As for a Dislike button, there's no need for that, but Disagree/Agree/Thanks/Salute and a few more can be useful and beneficial to the forum experience, IMO.

Only things that make RPGWatch a little superior to Codex is that they review decent RPGs such as Elminage Gothic and Stranger of Sword city while Codex's writing staff just says "lol jrpgs" and ignores them. Also there is less shilling for Obsidian games here.

Only things that make RPGWatch a little superior to Codex is that they review decent RPGs such as Elminage Gothic and Stranger of Sword city while Codex's writing staff just says "lol jrpgs" and ignores them. Also there is less shilling for Obsidian games here.
But JRPGs are shit!

400 - who needs more?

Attachments

• keep-calm-and-celebrate-400-members-1.png
    keep-calm-and-celebrate-400-members-1.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 600_454012753.jpeg
    600_454012753.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 400.jpg
    400.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 27
Wow, been reading this thread with interest. I didn't realize a lot of things, that just because I post here and am a long term fan of RPG Watch, that means I must be a social justice warrior, and everything that goes along with that…so, let me poke a huge hole in that narrative.

I'm a hard core Trump supporter, anti-SJW, and anti-political correctness. In fact, I talk about this stuff all the time, just not here, but on other sites, such as YouTube. Here, I don't talk politics. This is my place to read about and follow and talk about computer rpgs, another one of my favorite things. I don't care what your politics are, what's important *here* is if you are passionate about rpgs.

Yes, some people here wear their politics on their sleeve…so? Doesn't bother me any.

Further - I have seen, as well as participated in, many great discussions about rpgs here, contrary to what has been posted. And I have never felt constrained by political correctness here...if I did, I would not ever post here in the first place. Sorry, but you lose on this one too, RPG codexers…Your narrative is full of holes, and way too many (false) assumptions were made.

We get you don't like RPG Watch, but keep in mind alternative opinions are available…I know that RPG Codex, and many who post there, seem to have a sizable ego about their site's importance and influence, but maybe, just maybe, they don't hold the Ultimate Truth when it comes to rpgs.

Back
Top Bottom