Only 400 active users?

A thought experiment referring to something like real jobs… Stuff like real debate, real freedom…

I think that what you've failed to spot here is Mustawd's use of humour. Rather than considering the point he made you've nitpicked an ancillary issue and focussed on that. Do you actually have a relevant comment or are you just spreading negativity for its own sake?

The entire point of my post is to call fluent a fucking retard and outline my logic as to why it's not just ok for me to say this, but, indeed, why it is preferred.

EDIT: Anyhow, I think you guys just need to get over having a small user base. Being in a place where everyone is nice to each other by rule is akin to hanging out in a bar where they only serve nonalcoholic beer. Yes, no one will get drunk and fight or throw up or whatever, but it's inherently more boring. Thus, the smaller user base. But like I said, embrace who you are.

I think that what you've failed to spot here is Mustawd's use of humour.
You do realize you're arguing with our AI?

EDIT: Anyhow, I think you guys just need to get over having a small user base.
Noone has any size complex here so we don't need such shrink wannabe suggestions. The question was not about having a small base but if SJW and similar crap lowered the base. I wish to all people enough attention and concentration to read and think about a few initial posts, but well, we got a thread hijacking visit from some phone audience where only the last sentence matters. The majority audience.

Do continue with preaching please, it's kinda fun reading stuff from troll wannabees. Just don't forget, trolls on master level are the minority. And embrace who you are. :)

Last edited:
You do realize you're arguing with our AI?

Noone has any size complex here so we don't need such shrink wannabe suggestions. The question was not about having a small base but if SJW and similar crap lowered the base. I wish all people to have enough attention and concentration to read and think about a few initial posts, but well, we got a visit from phone audience where only the last sentence matters.

Ummm, that was my point. SJWness tends to want to create safe spaces where disagreement, as a matter of fact, does not exist. I know I'm not a regular here, but let me just outline my own experience with the watch: I took a 10 year break from any kind of PC gaming due to school and life in general. When I came back to playing again i started searching for websites about RPGs. I found Matt Barton's youtube channel, I found crpgaddict's blog, and I even found the Watch (well before the codex). What I found at the watch, unfortunately, was a place (IMO) just devoid of any discussion. A forum where people trip over themselves to not offend each other. In other words, a really boring place. Even the reviews seem generic and devoid of any real praise or criticism.

And the longer I've been here (from time to time) the more I'm convinced that SJWness, combined with strict moderation, has just neutered any kind of real discussion here. As an example, a moderator of yours recently had an extremely inappropriate tag about Trump voters (FYI I'm a big fan of HRC, so it's not like I'm on the other side here). A user made a post about it and complained. I personally thought it was completely a rational thing to do. Instead of actually discussing this type of inappropriate content many posters tripped over themselves to handwave this type of bad behavior and excused the moderator for just doing what she felt like, merely cuz of muh feelings. Forget the fact that if it had been the other way around it would have probably been reprimanded severely. THEN the main admin came and chastised the OP for making a thread to begin with instead of PMing him. I was completely flabbergasted.

The point is not to rehash the incident (although clearly I have to give an example). The point is to focus on the fact that discussion has been hampered by trying to create a safe space. Trying to create a place devoid of opinion, of criticism, of open discussion. So yes, to answer the OP, the SJWness of this place has 100% factored into its small user base. So I think my earlier points are completely on point and relevant. It's not a size thing, but size does help to understand what is hampering the Watch as a forum (aka a place to talk about stuff that interests its posters). Like I said before, I'm not really for making this place the codex or any other lax moderated forum. But I'm just trying to give my opinion on what keeps me from being an active member here, and what keeps me an extremely active member on the codex. and it sure isn't forced positivity.

On the plus side, we don't have horrible ads and a load of trackers :)

Have we always been this tiny?
I'm happy with its size. But perhaps that is difficult to say for certain men. They need to compensate in other areas. Hence the ever returning Codexers to point at the size of theirs? ;)

The entire point of my post is to call fluent a fucking retard and outline my logic as to why it's not just ok for me to say this, but, indeed, why it is preferred.

EDIT: Anyhow, I think you guys just need to get over having a small user base. Being in a place where everyone is nice to each other by rule is akin to hanging out in a bar where they only serve nonalcoholic beer. Yes, no one will get drunk and fight or throw up or whatever, but it's inherently more boring. Thus, the smaller user base. But like I said, embrace who you are.

What did Fluent ever do to you?

I think that what you've failed to spot here is Mustawd's use of humour. Rather than considering the point he made you've nitpicked an ancillary issue and focussed on that. Do you actually have a relevant comment or are you just spreading negativity for its own sake?

It is not an ancillary issue, it is a core issue that destroys the whole point.

The real job mindset is the same mindset that leads to use this forum as a marketing platform.

This mindset keeps going on with assessments like real discussion.

Another comment that went wiped out was about real debate.

The codex (or this forum) is not a place for debate, not a place for discussion.
This is a place full of noise and fury where people unleash on kickback evenings to avoid debate and discussion.
The codex benefits from an effect of scale, with factions raging all around to cover with noise everything that must not be heard. Silence is a danger because it is a threat it might be filled with what must not be heard.

There is nothing like real discussion or real debate. There is debate and discussion, or the absence of discussion or debate.

The codex is as sterile as this forum is.

It's really simple.

Codex is obviously way more popular and actually gets interviews because it's a nest of harsh and brutal critics which are, despite what you all may think, feared and respected by game developers. You can actually have an open and free discussion there , without butthurt-ism, which basically means all sorts of communication are allowed and supported - like trolling, cursing, sarcasm, irony etc. While the Watch is full of whiny feminists and liberals who are insecure about themselves and , as result, don't have a firm opinion on anything.

But again, this is not supposed to be a big community, its supposed to be more akin to a private community and shelter from those Codex ruffians :).

I no longer dare to show my face on the Codex because of the overwhelming and traumatizing feedback my posts receive. It's horrific.

For a bunch that are so secure in their identity and superior culture, one wonders why they're on here writing whiny essays about why theirs is bigger.

Codex is obviously way more popular and actually gets interviews because it's a nest of harsh and brutal critics which are, despite what you all may think, feared and respected by game developers.
From these newcommers I'd expect a prejudice like that. But from you?
Posting that after reading numerous posts of mine about grind, filler, checkpoints, mushrooms, phones, horse armor, season passes, bug-o-ramas, cardboard hair, social networks escape and other stuff. And that's just me, what about others here who bring even more stuff worth criticizing?

Respect from developers the bunch of us here maybe can't have, dunno, never asked any developer about that.
Fear from developers, we do have. So edit it out please.

Codex members can't understand what's going on here. This is the diverse community without "insult everyone otherwise they won't take you seriously" motto. I thought you're a part of us. Maybe I was wrong.

gIZv6.gif

Yeah, all of a sudden I feel like a giant seeing unknown ants running around trying to step on a toe of mine.

Apparently size doesn't matter tho :S

I shan't ask what women compensate for…

though I would like to know as I have no idea.
my deer has 2 eyes. Eye?

Size does matter, but it is all a matter of perspective, lackblogger. Screaming ants may have dicks but these are too small for me.

But I'm quiet happy with your size, lackblogger. In case you're wondering. Which you're not. But here I'm just compensating for the lack of whatever.

Back
Top Bottom