Expeditions: Viking - Release Day

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The historical tactical RPG Expeditions: Viking will be released today:

Expeditions: Viking

Get ready for an adventure in history! Logic Artists, the makers of Expeditions: Conquistador, are pleased to bring you Expeditions: Viking.

Prepare for a grand adventure

As the newly appointed chieftain of a modest Viking clan, you’ll have a village of your very own. But to carve your name into the runestones of history you’ll need great strength, and great wealth to grow your village’s prosperity and renown. There is little left to be gained from the Norse lands and so you must set your sights on the the seas to the West, where tales speak of a great island filled with treasure ready for the taking.

Seek your fortune

Your trusted huscarls will follow you to Valhalla if that be the order of the day, but you’ll need more than loyalty to leave a legacy that will be remembered for a thousand years. Now assemble a worthy band of warriors, build a ship, and seek your wealth and glory across the sea. Britannia awaits in Logic Artists’ Expeditions: Viking.

Main features:

• Create your very own Viking chieftain! Carve out your character from our unique character system, where stats, skills, and abilities define your character’s role.
  • Raiding or Trading? Vikings were known not only as violent warriors, but savvy tradesfolk. How will you find wealth, with the carrot or the stick?
  • War and Politics: Side with various factions be they Norsemen, Picts, or Angles.
  • Reputation: Be mindful of your choices, the stories of your actions may bring others to fear you, but will they trust you?
  • Step into the pages of history: In a beautiful and visceral telling of the Nordic history.
More information.

this is probably the safest bet for a good game. 3.5 out of 5 easy. thats the starting point.
Tyranny surpassed my expectations so probably they will be on par.

i guess i should buy it

Last edited:
Sadly, after watching the character creation video, I got the impression they were forcing the main character to be male. I still haven't gotten around to playing the first game. Did anyone recall if they forced the main character to be male in Conquistador?

Thanks

Sadly, after watching the character creation video, I got the impression they were forcing the main character to be male. I still haven't gotten around to playing the first game. Did anyone recall if they forced the main character to be male in Conquistador?

Thanks

I do not think so.
They even had some dialogue that was different as a woman....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Chicks are in.

I'm kind of broke, but I may have to buy this one day one anyway. If anyone else is on their mailing list, check your inbox for a deluxe edition DLC code. Got mine already.

sadly no money to buy it :(, so here are 2 steamcodes i got via email from them for being in beta

*ARTBOOK AND SOUNDTRACK:
MBETF-4JHTY-BQFVY

**BLOOD ICE DLC:
RVZ03-5KD6J-R8H7A

sadly no money to buy it :(, so here are 2 steamcodes i got via email from them for being in beta

*ARTBOOK AND SOUNDTRACK:
MBETF-4JHTY-BQFVY

**BLOOD ICE DLC:
RVZ03-5KD6J-R8H7A

Thanks for the genorosity!
Since I will buy the deluxe version this evening I will leave them for somebody else.
Liked Conquistador quite well, I'm sure this one will be even better. Of what I have seen they got rid of some annoying chores from the first one.

This is getting loaded up the moment it is ready to launch. Conquistadors was awesome, and I'm hoping for even better with being able to rampage across Europe. Gauls and Saxons, I'm coming for you!!!

I'm off for a coffee. The game better unlocks when I return!

Only left for me too know is how much game play time the game is offering? Anyone ?

After that an instant buy. Love this type of games.

**BLOOD ICE DLC:
RVZ03-5KD6J-R8H7A

What's that. It's not listed on Expeditions Viking store page.

EDIT:
Oh, it's there, sorry, says it's free so...

Hope this is good, sadly no time to play. Will be watching reviews though.

Been on a game splurge lately (what with MEA, Torment:ToN, and recently Tryranny) so might as well add another. Do like my viking lore after all.

Ivar the Boneless cares not for your nailed god. I named my Icelandic sheepdog Rollo so Woden demands that I buy this game. I will give you one word of advice if you play this game.

NEVER FIGHT UBBA :)

Now if you would hand me your sword I will spare you a beating. Or would you like to empty your bowels before we battle.

Sorry, I have a million viking sayings that I use in my D&D games also. Thank you Bernard Cornwell.

Just a little heads up: In the release version they accidently set the standard difficulty to insane (with little modification).

So if you want to have an easier go, you might want to reduce this.

But for those who don't know: The game doesnt require you to win every battle.
I'll give one example which is quite from the beginning and not very spoilery:
At one time you get attacked and there are 3 combats. If you lose the first. Somone picks you up. If you lose the second, someone picks you up. If you lose the third, you still survive but all your valuables are gone. You could in theory still go on playing, but it has some consequences (unlike in Torment). If you win the first and second battle, but lose the third, the peasants will show up and you will win regardless.
So the game is quite dynamic. BTW: you can also switch to non-lethal blows, which can influence the story as well.

Edit: Oh, and they are of course already working on the first patch, which considering the difficulty thing I expect to be released quite soon. ^^

Congratulations to them on the release! I hope it does well and even competes for cRPG GotY.

Saw what Kordanor spotted and set it properly (medium), so far haven't lost a fight and honestly those are challenging - I wouldn't try it on insane.

I love the game so far, and now I have to build a longship but can't choose (each possible have different stats)… Choices choices… Oh and yeah, the game puts choices in front of you everywhere! Choose wisely, there are consequences.

Back
Top Bottom