Expeditions: Viking - Release Day

Earlygame on "normal" difficutly perhaps it's too much, but I've already had some highly challenging fights (wolves pack, last "dinner", etc).

I used preset Leader with some modification. 10-4-1-5-8 I think. Sword and board + leadership and diplomacy. Was pretty much roflstomping everything so far on medium.

Decided to be a shrewd chieftain. But being reasonable and diplomatic annoys half of my hird though.

Then I made that farmer woman (tomb rider quest) from your clan a pure crafter. OMG the things she crafts are insanely good. Like your standard 6 hours in the game bow has 16 max dmg. She crafted the one with 40 dmg, 6 AP damage + 5 AP damage.

The only bad thing, IMO, you have to loot everything you see. Riba town was a chore. Majority of your crafting materials are in containers on the maps.

P.S. you will get to create 3 random characters for your hird later and I made another healer, skald and 2-handed Dane Axe dude. If you min-max them, they are great for camping.

P.S. you will get to create 3 random characters for your hird later and I made another healer, skald and 2-handed Dane Axe dude. If you min-max them, they are great for camping.

Good to know. Makes it too easy though. I was just planning on how to cover everything with my starter group.

My main guy has 7 str, 3 skill in great dane axes and hits for like half of what my spear wielder, sword, and archer hit for. Too bad the dlc item was a sword, blech. I love me a good axe!!

If you mean Expeditions2, then no, it's not perfect. Not sure what comments you're reading, who wrote it's perfect?

Reporting 100 pc positive comments gives the impression of perfection.

I'm exactly at that point and not sure what to do there. As I already have two healers (main plus the witch) craftsmen should do, but I also need a perfect scout etc.

Decisions decisions calculations calculations strategizing… Did I mention I love this game?

A word of warning. I picked preset healer as a main character before I knew it's a bad decision. But as the story with me goes, no restarting, I got my cards, let's see where it leads me. You? Just don't do it! At least not on insane difficulty...

Reporting 100 pc positive comments gives the impression of perfection.
Steam has only thumb up and thumb down option within user minireviews/comments. Thumb up does not mean perfect - if it ment it no game ever would have it.

That is an impression of perfection. Indeed, Steam has only thumbs up and down. Nevertheless, a 100 pc of positive reviews is a perfect score.

Went down to 90% which is still good though.

Came across another bug: The game suggests that the prices are actually dependent on the NPC (there is a display if he is overpriced) and the request/demand of the products.

Doesnt seem to work though. Prices seem to be static from what I see. All vendors basically have the following prices:

Buy for Gold:
1250 Valuables for 1 Slave
125 Valuables for 1 Salvage
125 Valuables for 1 Hide
25 Valuables for 1 Medizine
12 Valuables for 1 Wood
12 Valuables for 1 Herb
12 Valuables for 1 Ration
6 Valuables for 1 Meat

Sell for Gold:
1 Slave for 800 Valuables
1 Salvage for 80 Valuables
1 Hide for 80 Valuables
1 Medizine 16 Valuables
1 Wood for 8 Valuables
1 Herb for 8 Valuables
1 Ration for 8 Valuables
1 Meat for 4 Valuables

Why are you comparing prices in valuables? Check how many high demand stuff you need for slaves only (as you basically don't need to buy anything else if you do all sidequests, at least earlygame).

Also, drop the instane difficulty, maybe prices also depend on that. :p

Went down to 90% which is still good though.

Came across another bug: The game suggests that the prices are actually dependent on the NPC (there is a display if he is overpriced) and the request/demand of the products.

Doesnt seem to work though. Prices seem to be static from what I see. All vendors basically have the following prices:

Buy for Gold:
1250 Valuables for 1 Slave
125 Valuables for 1 Salvage
125 Valuables for 1 Hide
25 Valuables for 1 Medizine
12 Valuables for 1 Wood
12 Valuables for 1 Herb
12 Valuables for 1 Ration
6 Valuables for 1 Meat

Sell for Gold:
1 Slave for 800 Valuables
1 Salvage for 80 Valuables
1 Hide for 80 Valuables
1 Medizine 16 Valuables
1 Wood for 8 Valuables
1 Herb for 8 Valuables
1 Ration for 8 Valuables
1 Meat for 4 Valuables

I get different prices based on the demand.

Arghh!!!

Game was working perfectly for me until Steam downloaded something ten minutes ago.
Now my game won't load or crashes after it does load...

This is annoying. I have been playing for a while now and would prefer not to start over!

:(

Arghh!!!

Game was working perfectly for me until Steam downloaded something ten minutes ago.
Now my game won't load or crashes after it does load…

This is annoying. I have been playing for a while now and would prefer not to start over!

:(

Do the Verify game.

Do the Verify game.

I did, did not help. Apparently
Pictland
is bugged. I reloaded an earlier save and went South instead.
Seemed ok until a crash in a house in the city and then the church too.

I will try a few more times, but if crashes too much, I think I may need to stop until they fix the game a bit more.

I get different prices based on the demand.

Hrm, interesting.
Which vendors did you check? I checked the 4 merchants in Ribe. 3 of them have acceptable prices, one is overpriced. The resources all have different demands. But the prices are all the same.

I only chose Valuables because thats the resource overone accepts and is comparable.

Oh, and even when I bought ALL of the stuff. So that there was 0 in their stock, the prices did not rise.

Hrm, interesting.
Which vendors did you check? I checked the 4 merchants in Ribe. 3 of them have acceptable prices, one is overpriced. The resources all have different demands. But the prices are all the same.

I only chose Valuables because thats the resource overone accepts and is comparable.

Oh, and even when I bought ALL of the stuff. So that there was 0 in their stock, the prices did not rise.

I would need to check again, but for now my game is crashing too often so will wait for 1.0.2.

I know that valuables sometimes gave me 1 hide for 100 and sometimes for 125.
Have a look at merchants in a different city.

Anyway, you should report the bug on the Steam forum, they seem to check that.

I did, did not help. Apparently
Pictland
is bugged. I reloaded an earlier save and went South instead.
Seemed ok until a crash in a house in the city and then the church too.

I will try a few more times, but if crashes too much, I think I may need to stop until they fix the game a bit more.
I remember their first game as pretty buggy as well for a while.

Hrm, interesting.
Here's a pic, no I didn't cheat or something:

pic.jpg

Happened after my village wealth that went up a bit

What did you guys do on the Hatfield vs McCoy quest ?

I went with the McCoys. I think the pig was theirs.
Did the same as you but it doesn't matter - IMO both parties are evil and the poor thing is just being used as a reason to start another eye4eye clash in between.

Just came in to say me too. I bought the game, but I'll probably wait a couple weeks at least to play it. These games always end up with several patches once the hordes start playing. I did load it up long enough to fight the first battle, but that was it.

Yup shelved this for now, heard enough about saves getting wiped and I don't feel like starting over. All I've done so far is go to the first town and start investigating stuff, think I was tryin to solve some pig mystery that will now be waiting for a patch or three.

Back
Top Bottom