Witcher 3 Complaints..had to be some.

The Witcher 3
My only complaints:

1) Too many clicks to exit menus like inventory, character, etc.
2) I'm tired of paying 20 times more for stuff from vendors than I get when I sell it.
3) The map takes too long to load when I need it and it always starts zoomed in.
4) I've experienced multiple quests that, if not done a particular way, they break.
5) I don't know why Geralt gets injured by jumping down 6 feet into a basement. *I* can do that without getting hurt, and I don't slay Griffons.

Wish they had:

1) "loot all" within range setting.
2) Less walking/running inertia. Moving Geralt around gets tedious sometimes.
3) A better way to tell if a mob could destroy me before I engage it.

Sure, for those who are extremely anal, but that would be a small minority. :)

I'm pretty big on immersion myself, and I don't have a problem with it.

Hah! Here's one that will really get you: My Greater Chunebog rune has a stat of 0 attack power and nothing else!? That can't be right! Or do you thing the maid Bilberry can have no imperfections at all?

A better way to tell if a mob could destroy me before I engage it.

What more could you possibly need? You can see what level your enemies are from a distance. I think that's a lot.

Hah! Here's one that will really get you: My Greater Chunebog rune has a stat of 0 attack power and nothing else!? That can't be right! Or do you thing the maid Bilberry can have no imperfections at all?

It's an error in the description that the devs are aware of. Fwiw, that rune gives you 5% damage reflection, which is something the maid Bilberry can't do.

So I've killed a few algouls now (nasty bastards) and still no bestiary entry.
Didn't check it on my side, but will do, IIRC I do have an entry on them.
The only bigger issue I have is the loading of NPCs when I enter an area. This very commonly happens. NPCs sometimes only see to get loaded/become visible when I get close to them.
This is what's happening in my game after 1.04. Didn't happen before the patch or I just didn't notice.

My only complaints:

1) Too many clicks to exit menus like inventory, character, etc.
2) I'm tired of paying 20 times more for stuff from vendors than I get when I sell it.
3) The map takes too long to load when I need it and it always starts zoomed in.
4) I've experienced multiple quests that, if not done a particular way, they break.
5) I don't know why Geralt gets injured by jumping down 6 feet into a basement. *I* can do that without getting hurt, and I don't slay Griffons.

1) Use the same button you used to get in that meny, it will close that window (aka don't use ESC to leave menus).
2) I'm well over 5000 crowns, haven't reached Novigrad yet and it's way too much "gold" already (killing stuff gives me all the loot I need and my biggest expanse is crafting gear once in a while).
3) no comment
4) I get the feeling that your problem is not "not done a particular way", I've done a couple of quests out of order or even by not following quests steps and I had no problem finishing any of them.
5) Space "to roll" and avoid damage

This is what's happening in my game after 1.04. Didn't happen before the patch or I just didn't notice.

I think I noticed this issue before 1.04, but I'm not sure. I'm either noticing it more in 1.04 or I'm just giving it more attention than before.

Another issue I have, and the quest I currently am on, the grave hag in the Lindenvale cemetary, really underlines the issue. It's either with the targeting of things in the world (highlighting them in order to 'E' use them), or it's the constant placement of frikkin' candles which can be extinguished or ignited right near such controls. They could've toned down the candle use, or just don't place them near environmental controls.

2) I'm well over 5000 crowns, haven't reached Novigrad yet and it's way too much "gold" already (killing stuff gives me all the loot I need and my biggest expanse is crafting gear once in a while).

I'm always running low on money... But then again, I like crafting so I'm frequently paying to disassemble broken rakes and toy dolls because at some point I may need those materials. When the merchants charge 10x its value, I've discovered (in the long run) it's easier to just have my own stash of minor materials. For instance, I needed emerald dust recently to finish my special witcher sword, and it was almost worthless in my stash before I sold it-- but the merchants wanted like 570 gold! Thats nuts. I rarely have over 400 gold at any one time.

And I did "break" another quest. It was some bandit camp where there was a guy locked in a cage. I had to kite a couple of them so they wouldn't gang up, and apparently when you do that, the guy with the key de-spawns and therefore you cannot open the cage. I've since read others have the same issue with it.

Trust me, if a quest can be broken, I'll find a way. I should have been in playtesting.

One thing I do really dislike is that they allow you to go into the homes of every villager and remove everything that isn't nailed down, even if the family is at home - you can snuck stuff from under their noses and they don't bat an eyelash.

Considering how well designed the rest of the game is for the most part, I can't understand how they thought this was a good idea: Geralt may be a gruff character, but surely one doesn't want to play him as a common thief.

Explain to me again? You think that Geralt isn't a common thief but you make him nick stuff and then complain that he isn't being shouted on/punished for that? O_O :lol:

And I did "break" another quest. It was some bandit camp where there was a guy locked in a cage. I had to kite a couple of them so they wouldn't gang up, and apparently when you do that, the guy with the key de-spawns and therefore you cannot open the cage. I've since read others have the same issue with it.

That missing key has nothing to do with "doing things out of order", it's a spawning bug. Person in distress are not quest anyway, you just go in, kill the bandits and loot the key.

That sounds like corrupted or unpatched game files.
I suggest using verify option (through GOG galaxy or Steam, wherever the game is).
There is a mod which fixes that for you.
I don't think you're supposed to be filthy rich in this game thus I believe that mod is - a cheat. In such cases I suggest instead of using mods, hexediting the savegame and put billions as a starting sum.
Me? I didn't have actual money problems in the game. I got bankrupt a few times, but sidecontent and a race that brought me hamster's saddle (+70 wight to carry) did the trick.

I can live with the small money amounts, but not the small inventory. I had to mod that, but my game is vanilla outside of that. If a mod ever comes out that changes how Geralt looks, I'll install that ASAP too. In fact, if I could switch bodies with Ciri, that'd be cool. Have G look like C and vice versa :biggrin:

Every patch, I have to renew the mod, but that's it. Texture mods should never interfere with patches or updates, though they can and do get overwritten. Modding always comes with a little risk....

I'd like the Witcher senses to have their own skill tree. I wouldn't even mind if they were slightly weaker at first, like not displaying icons over some items and with a shorter range that you could increase (among other things maybe) by investing points. Well, perhaps a mod concept when the modding tools are released.

Its happened to me since release. I thought maybe it was a DAI easter egg.;)

Hmm, I wish witcher senses wouldn't kill my framerates. Is there a way to optimize witcher senses to be less demanding? Like get rid of fov warp? I'll try turning of blurring.

Last edited:
Very minor gripe but I hate things that get highlighted with perception that you can't interact with in any manner. The first instance of this, that I recall, is the bodies that are hanging on the battlefield in WO. I've tried from the horse, jumping, trying to move stuff with Aard so that I could climb up, etc. There is also a horse or two on that same battlefield that can't be looted. My looting OCD gets me all twitchy when I can't satisfy it.

I don't think you're supposed to be filthy rich in this game thus I believe that mod is - a cheat. In such cases I suggest instead of using mods, hexediting the savegame and put billions as a starting sum.

I don't have money problems either but if CT has than the mod I'm talking about let's you set trader's wealth and the rate at which they buy stuff from you from 0 to 99. So it's possible to set a rate which you are comfortable with.

Has anyone else found the little ravine near to the crossroad just before the bridge to Oxenfort? It has a few lootables in there. But if you take just a little step down into the minor deadfall, it's instant death. What's the deal? Is it an OCD packrat trap? ;)

Back
Top Bottom