Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
BioWare Who is The Dread Wolf?
I just browsed the YouTube comments and a user (Hououin Kyouma) claiming to be a dev said "that more info is coming about the game in the 2022 game awards show on December 8th".

Hogwarts Legacy - Overture to the Unwritten (Music Video)

“Overture to the Unwritten” features a 54 piece Orchestra and Choir with members from University of Utah, BYU, Salt Lake Symphony Orchestra, Local Studio Musicians and featuring Renowned Recording Artists Nicole Pinnell, Nicole Klossner, Ryan Shupe, Abe Kaelin, Bart Olson, John Knudsen, and Dune Moss.
The Five Most Disappointing Games I Reviewed In 2022

Just talking about the five games that released this year that left me pretty disappointed.
Learn the fantastic design secrets of 'Tiny Tina's Wonderlands' - Gamedeveloper
Matt Cox, Creative Director at Gearbox Software, breaks down the design decisions made so the game was familiar to the established audience, but also where they chose to invent beyond Borderlands and why.
CD Projekt ending active development on Gwent after 2023 - Gamedeveloper
Gwent game director Vladimir Tortsov and CD Projekt Red senior communication manager Pawel Burza broke the news in a roadmap video, announcing plans to continue supporting the title over the next 12 months with new card drops and esports events, before eventually stepping away in 2024.

Elden Ring - Hidetaka Miyazaki on the Game's Success - VGC
I’m at a loss when people ask me why [it’s been so successful], but my feeling is that I don’t intend to change the way I’ve been making things in the future,” he said. “I try not to think about it too much, because it could become a distraction when I make the next project. However, I am very grateful and feel honoured.”

The director said he had the same opinion when it came to user feedback. “Personally, I try not to look directly at user feedback,” he said.

“That’s because I can’t listen to all the users’ opinions. I’m afraid that if I do, the voices and opinions I happen to hear will have a strong influence on my future decisions, so I’m careful not to put other opinions directly into my own mind.

“However, when I do look at the reactions, there are many people who first played the same genre with Elden Ring. It makes me nostalgic when I hear them.

“I remember feeling really happy when I experienced Demon’s Souls for the first time. It’s an exciting title to discover, and we’ve had an increase in new users. I was personally happy to hear that kind of feedback.”
Swords and Sorcery: Sovereign Delayed - Olderbytes
Over the summer, I announced December 2nd 2022 for the release of Swords and Sorcery – Sovereign.

I set a high bar for motivational purposes and a quiet hope that I could pull it off. Now that the day has come, and while much progress has been achieved, many aspects of the game are still incomplete, from placeholders to parts of the plot still in pre-production.

No alternative route, like early access or the like seem acceptable for now.
Path Of Exile's December Expansion - PCGamer
As for those holding out hope for more news on the years-delayed Path Of Exile 2 (and the even lesser-seen PoE Mobile), Grinding Gear are keeping those under wraps until the next Exilecon in New Zealand next July, where release dates will be announced and both games will be playable. As for this year, The Forbidden Sanctum update drops on December 9, and as always, you'll have to roll a new character in order to play the new content or Ruthless mode.
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor launches March 16, 2023th - Gematsu
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and PC via Steam on March 16, 2023, publisher Electronic Arts and developer Respawn Entertainment announced via the game’s Steam page. (Update: The page has since been updated removing all information, including the release date, description, pre-order bonus, and Deluxe Edition content listed below.)
Kynseed review: a promising RPG, but not all ipromises are fulfilled - RPS
I compare Kynseed to pick-n-mix intentionally. The disparate parts of it do, as concepts, mostly go together. It isn’t thoughtless or careless, but it promises more than it can offer right now. You could indulge yourself in some very precise aspect of it and try not to touch the parts of it that aren’t working, but you’d have to pick your way through carefully. It’s an intriguing promise, though, and I can see it being an incredibly captivating game – when it’s finished.

Last edited:
Top 5 NEW RPGs of December 2022

In this series, we highlight the Top 5 RPGs for the upcoming month. In this edition, we’re going to take a look at each of the titles, talk a little about each, and then explain why we think they deserve to be on the list. So join me now and find a mixture of some hidden gems and old favorites given a shiny new coat of paint. Read more: https://fextralife.com/top-5-upcoming...

Timestamps
0:00 - Top 5 RPG December 2022
0:33 - HM: Warhammer 40k Chaos Gate Daemonhunters Duty Eternal
1:44 - Kynseed
2:56 - Romancing Saga Minstrel Song
4:30 - Dragon Quest Treasures
5:44 - Final Fantasy Crisis Core Reunion
6:55 - Marvel's Midnight Sunsube]ztm0jRP-kzM[/MEDIA]
Microsoft Raising Prices on New, First-Party Games in 2023

Xbox is preparing to join other major game publishers in raising the prices of its major new first-party titles from $60 to $70. CD Projekt Red has revealed that Cyberpunk 2077 will receive a Game of the Year edition once its Phantom Liberty expansion is released in 2023. Riot Games releases more footage for its upcoming 2D free-to-play fighter, Project L.
Marvel's Midnight Suns Review 'Marvellous Strategy'

Marvel's Midnight Suns Review manages to weave so many gaming components together. XCOM strategy, deck building, JRPG relationship mechanics, cinematic storytelling and Marvel superheroes. It truly was a mammoth task, so did they manage to pull it off?

Some New PCGamer Articles

Warhammer 40K Rogue Trader Alpha Gameplay Impression

In this video, I want to talk about my Alpha Impressions of Warhammer 40K Rogue Trader. I’ve been playing the game for the last few days and I want to talk about the experience I had with the game. The combat, story, performance and what I liked and didn't like. so if you are interested in hearing more about the game, watch on to find out!
Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters Released - Steam

Experience thrilling new missions, a powerful additional class, and all-new ways to decimate the forces of Nurgle in the first major DLC for the critically-acclaimed tactical turn-based RPG.
Space Wreck now available on Early Access - Steam

Put on your helmet and close the hatch - the full version of Space Wreck has been launched into Early Access orbit!

If you choose to press THE BUTTON, there is an adventure ahead. Granted, it won't be smooth sailing, there are space pirates, rebels, tricky situations, and complicated solutions. And that's just one part of it - you would also be going in where "no man has gone before" - into fresh, rough, dangerous content that has not enjoyed months of public scrutiny yet.

I mean, there will be bugs. And I don't mean green-blooded squishy one

Elden Ring Free Colosseum Update Set for Release on December 7th

Come forth, warriors, and bask in the glory of the Colosseum. The Colosseums of Limgrave, Leyndell and Caelid will open their gates, allowing players to engage in battles such as duels, free-for-alls and team fights. Prove your worth in the free Colosseum Update.
Dead Island 2 New Gameplay Trailer

Welcome to HELL-A! Join slayers Jacob and Amy on a picture postcard tour of LA – we've got the gore tech, weapons and combat gameplay, and of course the gruesome zombies. This trailer has got all the usual tourist attractions covered, albeit with a uniquely horrifying vibe. Dead Island 2 comes out April 28th, 2023.
Fifteen years on Lost Odyssey is a Perfect Swansong - RPGSite
It’s quite hard to believe, but Lost Odyssey turns fifteen years old today. A curious product of the time, it has arguably only got better with age - and not just because of what it is, but also what it represents. Lost Odyssey was born out of two key factors: the exit of Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi from Square Enix, and desperation on the part of Xbox and Microsoft Game Studios - they needed Japanese games. So, the idea was pretty simple. The pitch was probably more simple still. Microsoft probably went to Sakaguchi and said, “can you make us a Final Fantasy?” And that’s what Lost Odyssey is. Fans reductively refer to it as the alternate-universe Final Fantasy XIII - and in many ways, it is just that.
Underrail: Infusion - Dev Log #6: New Environment Renderer
We're finally ready to give you a sneak peak in the new and improved Infusion environment visuals. We've done extensive work on the 2D rendering engine, and while there are still things to improve, we're quite pleased how it looks now. Keep in mind, though, that all the scenes you'll see below were made for demo purposes only and do not reflect how the actual game levels will look.

Top 10 New Upcoming CRPGs ⚔ 2023 & Beyond (Like Baldur's Gate)

CHAPTERS
0:00 Intro
0:19 Warhammer 40k: Rogue Trader
2:05 Broken Roads
3:31 Zoria: Age of Shattering
4:53 Baldur's Gate 3
6:48 Archaelund
8:17 Dragon Age Dreadwolf
9:36 Colony Ship
11:02 Cyber Knights Flashpoint
12:33 Journey for the Crown
13:26 Sovereign Syndicate

Looking forward to the new Underrail. Do you know the release date for that one ?
Not that I can find it's been in development since 2020 according to the devblogs. I like the new graphics and engine it makes the game look vastly better the original game.
I'm not going to list all the things that we intend to change/improve upon in Infusion, but I will say that they include both the visuals, as well as mechanics and world design. I'm going to try to post more frequent dev logs, as I did back in Underrail's alpha days, as to keep you guys in the loop. All that you see in these early days you should consider to be work-in-progress. I don't expect we're going to enter full production any time soon - not this year, for sure, as for now we're just focusing on improving the engine, the toolset and optimizing the content pipelines.

Wow... Couch, do you ever sleep?! Thanks for time and effort, in anycase.

Wow... Couch, do you ever sleep?! Thanks for time and effort, in anycase.
4-5 hours a day at best with a nap on my comfy chair of course. Enjoy the news. ^^

Not that I can find it's been in development since 2020 according to the devblogs. I like the new graphics and engine it makes the game look vastly better the original game.
It actually looks somewhat similar to Colony Ship - the lighting feels similar for example. Not sure if that's just me.

Looking forward to the new Underrail. Do you know the release date for that one ?
Nothing definitive has been said, but we can be fairly certain that it's a very long way away. The first Underrail took 7 years (and it was in early access for the last 3 years of that) and its expansion Expeditions took 3.5 years. In early 2020, Styg said "full production" on Infusion wouldn't begin until 2021 at the earliest. Plus it sounds like they're essentially redoing the Underrail engine from scratch, and obviously it isn't ready for early access yet (I assume they'll use it again). I'll throw out a release date guess of 2026...

Fallout 76: Nuka-World on Tour Update - Betshseda

Nothing beats the irradiated Appalachian heat like an ice-cold Nuka-Cola! (Just don’t forget to save that bottlecap for later.) Whether you prefer the classic taste of our original formula or one of Nuka-Cola's many other flavors like Cherry or Quantum, we welcome all comers to join us on the road for Nuka World on Tour.
Corven Path of Redemption - November 2022 Update
The initial goal was to be done by the end of the year, but that obviously did not happen. I worked relentless on the game, no vacations, nothing, but still I am far from done. I was too optimistic.

After all the experience I gathered over the last 2 years I reevaluated the time it will take me to be done. It will be by the end of 2024. There is no sugar coating it, this is just how it is. I don't want to string you along month by month, I want to be honest.

There is no problem in development, everything is going as smoothly as is can. Of course there are problems which get me stuck from time to time, I wrote about some of them here, but nothing major. I am not trying to make excuses I am just being realistic. If anyone is really disappointed by that then I am truly sorry! I want to do it right and not rush the second half of development.
Tactics Ogre: Reborn Developer Interview - FrontlineJP
Tactics Ogre: Reborn’s producer Kato Hiroaki, director Katano Takashi, and lead game designer Takahashi Naoyuki talked about the game in the 17th November 2022 issue of Weekly Famitsu.
Chained Echoes Review Roundup

Last edited:
Elden Ring - 12 Minutes of Colosseum Gameplay

The Colosseums in The Lands Between have finally opened their gates, allowing players to engage in new Player VS Player modes like Duels, Team Combat and Free-for-All fights. Here's how to find each Colosseum and some gameplay inside each one.
Conan Exiles: Age of Sorcery Chapter 2 - Official Launch Trailer

Conan Exiles: Age of Sorcery Chapter 2 adds new free features like Headhunting and the Witch Hunt Encounter. Explore the Bazaar and Battle Pass for epic new cosmetics and decorations such as the expanded Stormglass Building set. Conan Exiles: Age of Sorcery Chapter 2 is available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox Series S|X, PC, and Xbox Game Pass.
Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Review

This 40k follow-up to Fatshark's Vermintide games is one of the most entertaining co-op shooters since Left 4 Dead 2. That careful balancing act between multiple methods of murder is ceaselessly entertaining, especially while hatching diabolical plans with your buddies to silence whatever horrors lurk in Tertium's plague-ridden streets. Tedious between-mission progression and persistent framerate dips are the only things that can occasionally spoil that fun, which is a shame when Darktide otherwise nails virtually every fundamental of its genre.
Bleak Faith Forsaken - Official Gameplay Trailer (MathChief's Game Expo)

Take a look at what the brutal dark action game is up to.

Lazy Roundup of your morning RPG news. ^^

I Played 5 Forgotten & Obscure Action RPGs / Action Adventures

Diablo IV Video Opinion/Impressions

I played Diablo IV. It's good, but no way am I getting too pumped or excited for this one after Diablo Immortal. We'll have to wait to see how the final monetization model looks at launch.
Dragonheir: Silent Gods Annouced & Official Trailer

Before the world can end its crusade against the evil Dragon God, arrogance has brought immense loss and taken away this warrior, whose soul is now forever trapped in chaos...

How did he wind up stranded in the black mist? The Chaos Universum brims with confusion and uncertainty...

Situated at the limits of the Palace Entropica, it is the only passage from Chaos Universum to the Main Material Plane. Its existence is little known, and only a select few can see the hidden gate of the Palace Entropica at certain hours of the day. If you see the gate, please remember this: Face the Palace head-on, devote yourself to the truth, and you will gain the power to travel across planes.
Official PC requirements revealed for EA’s RPG hunting game WILD HEARTS
Electronic Arts has revealed the official PC system requirements for its upcoming hunting game, WILD HEARTS. Developed by KOEI Tecmo, Wild Hearts is a unique twist on the hunting genre where technology gives you a fighting chance against fearsome beasts infused with the ferocious power of nature itself.
Urban Strife TBS Survival RPG Demo News

Back
Top Bottom